Chemical engineering involves processing & treatment of liquids and gases. The engineers In Chemical engineering apply principles of chemistry, biology, physics, & maths to solve problems that involve the production and use of chemicals, fuel etc. Chemical engineers should understand how chemical manufacturing process affects the environment and must take care of the safety of workers, consumers and the environment.
Chemical Engineering program revolves around the concept of application of Chemistry in lives as well as Industrial processes. Some important topics present in B.E./B.Tech. program are- chemical reactions, material science, energy, chemical technology, biochemistry, molecular chemistry etc.
Courses & Eligibility
The Eligibility for pursuing Chemical Engineering, candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as major subjects. Independent entrance exams are also held by the various state, central, and private universities.
The course fee of Chemical Engineering is about INR 4 Lakh to 10 Lakh in a private college. There is so many govt. and private colleges for Chemical Engineering course. Fees structure will be different for different institutions.
- Air Pollution Control Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Economics and Plant Design
- Chemical Process Industries
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Environmental Pollution Control and Safety Management
- Fertilizer Technology
- Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer
- Instrumentation and Process Control
- Introduction to Electrical and Electronics Circuits
- Introduction to Numerical Analysis
After graduating in Chemical Engineering course there are many opportunities for freshers. Graduates may look for the following roles in the mentioned sectors-
- Plant Managers
- Production Engineer
- Purchase and Quality Control Executive
- Safety Management Officer
- Chemical Engineer
- Plant Designer
Pay & Remuneration
A fresher holding a B.Tech Chemical Engineering degree can expect an average starting salary between 3-5 Lakh Rupees per year. Paying amount depends on your overall performance and any additional talents you obtain.
A chemical engineer with 4 to 7 years experience will get more salary than a fresher get.
There are many Persons who have made a mark in the field of Chemical Engineering. Some of the Famous Personalities are as follows:
- Yoshio Nishi, 1934 (age 84 years)
- Man Mohan Sharma, 1 May 1937 (age 81 years)
- Warren.K. Lewis (21 August 1882 - 9 March 1975)
- Willaim Hultz Walker (7 April 1869 - 1964)
- George Edward Davis (27 July 1850 - 1906)
- Margaret Hutchinson Rousseau (1911 - 2000)
- Vladimir Haensel (1914 - 2002)
Top Colleges in India
There are some top colleges for chemical engineering. they are given below:
|IIT's Which Provides Chemical Engineering are|
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Institute of Technology, Ropar
Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhi Nagar
Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
Indian Institute of Technology VaranasiIndian Institute of Technology Dhanbad
|NIT's Which Provides Chemical Engineering are|
Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
National Institute of Technology, Agartala
National Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh
National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh
National Institute of Technology, Calicut
National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
National Institute of Technology, Raipur
National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
National Institute of Technology, Srinagar
National Institute of Technology, Surathkal
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
National Institute of Technology, Warangal
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
Some Other Reputed Colleges for Chemical Engineering
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS-Pilani)
- Jadavpur University (Faculty of Engineering & Technology), West Bengal
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Uttar Pradesh
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Karnataka
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering - Tamil Nadu
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology (CIT), Tamil Nadu
How is B.Tech Chemical Engineering Course Beneficial?
- Chemical engineers are some of the highest-paid professionals in the country.
- The petroleum and Chemical Industries are long-established reserved job-areas for chemical engineers.
- As environmental concerns such as waste reduction and biohazard clean-up are catching the attention of the whole world, Chemical Engineers will enjoy high demand and wider scope in these areas.
- As the Chemical Engineers develop everything from fibres to artificial organs for human transplant, the wide scope and broad application of a B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) degree has and will always continue to provide the degree holders the opportunities to take up work in almost any field of interest such as Chemical Manufacturing, Electronics, Healthcare, Biotechnology photographic Equipment, Clothing, Pulp and Paper, etc.
Advance Courses in B.Tech. Chemical Engineering?
- M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering)
- Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering)
Mode of the exam:
JEE Mains conducted for admission to NIT's & IIT's and other Engineering colleges approved by the central government. The forms are available in the month of December and exam is held in the consecutive month of April.