Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering is an undergraduate degree. It manages the field of science or innovation and spreads one of the primary subjects Computer Science and Engineering. It is the study of the hypothetical establishments of data and calculation and of reasonable procedures for their execution and application in computer systems. The Bachelor of Technology degree programs shall extend over a period of eight consecutive semesters spread more than four academic years – two semesters constituting one academic year. The length of every semester will typically be fifteen weeks barring examinations. The course is very valuable and important one that offers a lot of jobs as it is career orienting in nature.
Computer Science Engineering (CSE) is an engineering subject totally related to computers. It involves variety of computer related topic. CSE focuses on the basic elements of computer programming and also networking. There are two types of computer engineers:
- Hardware Engineers
- Software Engineers
Hardware engineers build laptops, PCs or tablets and also develop systems which are computer based. Software engineers design the software program. Students pursuing computer science courses will get knowledge of both.
Courses & Eligibility
The eligibility for pursuing Computer Science Engineering is to pass 12th with physics, chemistry and maths as the main subjects. There is another option to get entrance to the IIT's is through JEE (Joint Enterance Exam).
Four years path in engineering from an IIT will cost about INR 2 to 10 Lacs. There are some of scholarships, fee waivers and loans available for individuals who are not able to fund the schooling. aside from this, in maximum colleges the scholars can earn a small quantity even as working on a studies assignment with the professors in their university.
This is a 4 years long Undergraduate Level Degree program. The 4 years duration is divided into 8 semesters, with each semester lasting a period of 6 months. Topics covered under each semester are as follows:
|Semester I & II|
Computers and Information Technology
Engineering Drawing Practice
Semiconductor Devices and Circuits Lab
C Data Structures
Semiconductor Devices and circuits
Computer Programming Lab
Data Processing and File Organization
Switching theory and Logic design
Discrete Structures and Graph Theory
Linear and Digital ICs Applications
Managerial Economics and Accountancy
IC Applications Lab
Probability and Statistics
Operating Systems Lab
Design and Analysis of Algorithms
Object Oriented Programming
Object Oriented Programming Lab
Interfacing through Microprocessors
Principles of Programming Languages
Interfacing through microprocessor lab
Theory of Computation
Systems Programming Lab
Database management Systems
Language Processor Lab
Visual Programming Techniques
(Elective I) Advanced Computer Architecture
(Elective I) Fault Tolerant Systems
(Elective II) Neural Networks
(Elective II) Digital Speech and Image processing
Visual Programming Lab
(Elective III) Robotics
(Elective III) Simulation and Modelling
(Elective IV) Advanced Databases.
(Elective IV) Data Mining and Ware Housing
Increasing number of software companies and IT hubs will result in an increasing demand for Computer Science Engineering (CSE) experts.
Computer Science Engineer can get many job opportunities like:
- Applications developer
- Data analyst
- Games developer
- Information systems manager
- IT consultant
- Multimedia programmer
- SEO specialist
- Software engineer
- Systems analyst
- Web designer
- Web developer
Pay & Remuneration
Starting salary (depends on different factors) is generally between Rs. 35,000 - 50,000/- per month , in case of Graduates. Paying amount depends on your overall performance and any additional talents you obtain.
Computer science engineer with 7 to 9 years experience will get more than a fresher get. The more experience you have the more pay you will get.
There are many Persons who have made a mark in the field of Computer Science Engineering. Some of the Famous Personalities are:
- Bill Gates, 28 October 1955 (age 62 years)
- Steve Job (24 February 1955 - 5 October 2011)
- Tim Berners-Lee, 8 June 1955 (age 63 years)
- Brendan Eich, 4 July 1961 (age 57 years)
- Bill Joy, 8 November 1954 (age 63 years)
Top Colleges in India
In India there are many Universities and colleges that offer B Tech / B E and M Tech. Some of the top colleges offering the course are as follows:
|IIT's Which Offers Computer Science Engineering are|
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Institute of Technology, Benaras Hindu University, Benaras.
Institute of Technology, Ropar
Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhi Nagar
Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneshwar
Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi
Institute of Technology,Indore
Institute of Technology, Rajsthan
|NIT's Which Offers Computer Science Engineering are|
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar
NIT Arunachal Pradesh
SOME OTHER REPUTED COLLEGES :
1) BITS Pilani
2) NIT Trichy
3) IIIT Hyderabad
4) IIIT Allahabad
6) NIT Surathkal
7) NIT Allahabad
8) BITS Goa
9) NSIT Delhi
10) BIT Mesra
Advance courses that can be applied for, after the course of Computer Science Engineering.
After the course of Computer Science Engineering, one can apply for the following advance courses:
- M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Phil. in Computer Science and Engineering
- Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
For whom B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering Course Suitable ??
- Who know about programming and computer equipment/programming are appropriate for it.
- Competitors have good analytical skills, an eye for detail; managed consideration and the capacity to tackle issues likewise is good match for it.
- Who have good communication skills, be capable in breaking down and assessing information and have the aptitude to decide, to work in groups and to express their thoughts both orally and in writing also are suitable.
- The individuals who will go for teaching fields at higher degree level both college and university level aiming to become lecturer/professor is also good suit for it.
What are the benefits of B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering ??
The benefits of Diploma in B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering course are:
- Computer engineers create computer programs for enterprises and their work includes the plan, advancement and support of programming. They are engaged in analysing problems for solutions, planning and testing, using advanced communications or multi-media gear or working in groups for item advancement. Accordingly, it multi-valuable for them.
- Applicant can likewise discover job opportunities in an assortment of situations in college, research, private and public enterprises, government departments, business associations, business associations the manufacturing sector and so on.