Master of Technology in Computer Science is a postgraduate Computer Science Course. Computer engineering course is designed to equip with the knowledge and skills to develop innovative solutions which the modern computing industry requires. The attention is on understanding and making the right choice of abstractions in this way making it conceivable to implement IT solutions from existing and future segments. Course covers regions, for example, safe and secure systems, system integration, distributed and embedded systems, networks, software engineering, algorithms and logic, system-on-chip and digital systems. After passing Master Degree, candidates have numerous profession choices in various fields.
Courses & Eligibility
The eligibility for pursuing M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering are as follows:
- Candidate have B.E./B.Tech. degree in branches like computer science and Engineering/electrical and Electronics Engineering/IT Engineering/Electronics and communication Engineering or other relevant branches.
- In case of a few Institutes, to be considered eligible to participate in admission procedure, the Graduate should also have taken part in national level entrance examination named GATE examination.
- M.Tech. in Computer Science Engineering from an IIT will cost about Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 2 Lakh.
M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering is a 2 years long Post Graduate Level program. The 2 years’ duration is divided into 4 semesters, with each semester lasting a period of 6 months. Topics covered under each semester are as follows:
Computer System Performance Analysis
Advances in OS
Advanced Database Management System
Project Phase-I (6 week duration)
Formal Models in Computer Science
Advanced Computer Architecture
Evaluation of Project Phase-I
Evaluation of Project Phase-II
Project Work Evaluation and Viva-Voce
Job opportunities are available in government as well as non-public sector. Some of the job posts that folks may take up after M.E./M.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering are-
- Software Engineer
- Software Tester
- Applications Developer
- Website Designer and Developer
- Computer Security Expert
- Computer Networks Specialist
- Lecturer (in Government or Private Colleges)
- Research and Development Engineer
- Project Manager
Pay & Remuneration
A fresher holding a M.Tech Computer Science Engineering degree can expect an average starting salary is approximately between Rs. 4 Lakh to Rs. 6 Lakh per annum. income specifications relies upon a lot on factors like- quality of the Institute from which the course has been pursued, Grades attained in academic session, aptitude etc.
Computer Science Engineer with 4 to 7 years experience will get more salary then a fresher get. The more experience you have the more pay you will get.
There are many Persons who have made a mark in the field of Computer Science Engineering. Some of the Famous Personalities are as follows:
- Manindra Agrawal, 20 May 1966 (age 52 years)
- Luis von Ahn, 19 August 1978 (age 39 years)
- Andrew Appel, 1960 (age 58 years)
- John Vincent Atanasoff (4 October 1903 - 15 June 1995)
- Sanjeev Arora, January 1968 (age 50 years)
Top Colleges in India
There are some top colleges for M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering. they are given below:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Institute of Technology, Benaras Hindu University, Benaras.
- Institute of Technology, Ropar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhi Nagar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneshwar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi
- Institute of Technology,Indore
- Institute of Technology, Rajsthan
Specializations & Their order of preference
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Security
- Software Engineering
- Distributed Computing
- Image Processing
What are the benefits of M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering ??
The benefits of M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering course are:
- The course provides a balanced mixture of theoretical and professional training in Computer Science and Information Technology.
- They can also go for further study and research in the fundamental and applied aspects of Computer Science and Information Technology and related controls.
- Candidates can take professional career in the technology of software for computer systems or specific application zones.
For whom M.Tech in Computer Science Engineering degree Suitable ??
- Understudies who are interested in advanced learning and research in any area of computer science can go for the course.
- They ought to have good knowledge of Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
- Competitors willing for further studies and want to become lecturer at colleges/university level also are suitable for it.