M.Tech. Electrical Engineering & Master of Technology in Electrical Engineering is a postgraduate course. The course of M.Tech. in Electrical Engineering is of two years duration in general. The two years are further divided into two half-yearly semesters each. M.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) degree offers specialization in Communication Systems, Power Systems and Power Electronics, Micro Electronics and VLSI Design, Control and Instrumentation and Photonics. M.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) course is broad in nature covering a wide range of subtopics which includes power, electronics, control systems, signal processing and media communications. The M.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) programs in India are normally organized as an Engineering Research degree, lesser than Ph.D.
Courses & Eligibility
The Eligibility for pursuing M.Tech in Electrical Engineering are as follows:
- Since this is a PG course, graduation diploma in B.E./B.Tech. diploma in any one of Engineering branches along with Electrical/Electrical and Electronics/power Engineering or other such related branches is required.
- In case of a few Institutes, to be considered eligible to participate in admission procedure, the Graduate should also have taken part in national level entrance examination named GATE examination.
M.Tech. in Electrical Engineering is a two years duration programme. That is split into four semesters, with every semester lasting a period of 6 months. during the first semesters, students will need to face exclusive sets of theoretical subjects and practical lab sessions associated with those topics.
Advanced Engineering Mathematics
Advanced Power System
Special Electro-Mechanical Devices
Advanced Microprocessor and Computer
Advanced Control System
Protection of Power System and Device
Measurement and Instrumentation in Power System Drives
Power System Networking and Management
Modelling Simulation and Evolutionary Techniques
Term End Paper Leading to Thesis
After M.Tech. Electrical Engineering, you can get Job Position are as follows:
- Electrical Engineering Trainee
- Senior Application Engineer
- Shift Supervisor
- General Manager
- Product Engineering Manager
- Assistant Manager
Pay & Remuneration
A fresher holding a M.Tech Electrical Engineering degree can expect an average starting salary is approximately between Rs. 4 Lakh to Rs. 6 Lakh per annum. Income depends on numerous factors such as- quality of the College, grades as well as nature of job (Government or non-public).
A Electrical Engineer with 4 to 7 years experience will get more salary then a fresher get. The more experience you have the more pay you will get.
There are many Persons who have made a mark in the field of Electrical Engineering. Some of the Famous Personalities are as follows:
- Nikola Tesla (10 July 1856 - 7 January 1943)
- Charles Proteus Steinmetz (9 April 1865 - 26 October 1923)
- Guglielmo Marconi (25 April 1874 - 20 July 1937)
- Oliver Heaviside (18 May 1850 - 3 February 1925)
Top Colleges in India
There are some top colleges for M.Tech in Electrical Engineering. they are given below:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Institute of Technology, Benaras Hindu University, Benaras.
- Institute of Technology, Ropar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhi Nagar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneshwar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi
- Institute of Technology,Indore
- Institute of Technology, Rajsthan
Specializations & Their order of preference
- Power Electronics & Drives
- Power Systems Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Systems
- Computer Controlled Industrial Power
What are the benefits of M.Tech Electrical Engineering ??
The benefits of M.Tech Electrical Engineering course are:
- Electrical designing is the biggest and broadest of all the engineering disciplines.
- The importance of electrical engineers has developed complex with the expanding demand for electrical energy and the advancement of sound and video communication systems across the society.
- With electricity becoming to be one of the fundamental requirements for survival and electrical systems being generally vital for every part of our day by day lives, hence the employment opportunities are widespread for electrical engineers.
- M.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) degree is useful to start a career in various sectors such as in banking, business, agriculture, health and medicine, railways, forensic, police, wireless industry, education sector, etc.
- Electrical engineers have a lot of job opportunities available in Central Government, State Governments and various development centres in different states that deal in the manufacture, sales and services of Electrical and Electronics consumer goods and appliances.
For whom M.Tech Electrical Engineering degree Suitable ??
- They ought to have a sharp, investigative practical mind and attention to details, ready to handle and adjust to new and changing ideas additionally are a good suit for it.
- They ought to have good communication skills are also important to communicate their plans to others in their field and good at organizing and solving problems.
- They might work under pressure and can try to avoid panicking during a crisis and other situations.