M.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering is a postgraduate Electronics and Communication Engineering course. It is two years specialization program in Electronics & Communication Engineering. M.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) degree offers specialization in Communication System, Control & Instrumentation, Digital VLSI Design, Microwave and Optical Communication, Multimedia, Power System and VLSI Design and Embedded System. The M.Tech. (Electronics Communication Engineering) programs in India are usually organized as an Engineering Research degree. M.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) course is wide in nature covering every significant region of design, manufacture, installation and operation of electronic equipment, systems and machinery, telecommunication systems, radio, TVs and computers used in the entertainment media, hospitals, computer industry, defence forces and in different zones. The course is career orienting in nature and opens a lot of job scopes for degree holders.
Courses & Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for this M.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering is that a candidate must have a bachelors diploma either, B.E/ B.Tech or another engineering course in the related field with a minimal 50% for general applicants or 6.5 CGPA for 10 point evaluation system and 45% for OBC/SC/ST applicants.
In case of a few Institutes, to be considered eligible to participate in admission procedure, the Graduate should also have taken part in national level entrance examination named GATE examination. M.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering from an IIT will cost about INR 50K to 3 lakh.
M.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering is 2 year programme, generally following the semester system, i.e. a complete of 4 semesters. This includes certain time periods set apart for assignment work and research work.
|SEMESTER - I|
Advanced Communication Engineering
Image and Video Processing
Advanced Communication and Radiating System Laboratory
Design and Simulation Laboratory
|SEMESTER - II|
Information Theory and Coding
Advanced Digital Signal Processing
Advanced Digital Signal Processing Laboratory
|SEMESTER - III|
Thesis Part I
Research Review Paper I
|SEMESTER – IV|
Thesis Part II
Research Review Paper II
Postgraduate students get hired by companies during campus recruitment or during walk ins carried out without delay by companies or by consulting companies. since the number of openings for freshers in the field of Electronics and communication is far less in comparison to the scholars passing out every year, it is very important for a engineer to get placed during campus recruitment and pass the first hurdle in your career.
Job Positions are as follows:
- Electrical & Electronics Engineer
- Professor & Assistance Professor
- Trainee Electronics Engineer
- Electronics Engineer
- Hardware Design Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Production Engineer
Pay & Remuneration
A fresher holding a M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering degree holder can get an average income of Rs 312,408 per year. Paying amount depends on your overall performance and any additional talents you obtain.
Electronics & Communication Engineer with 4 to 7 years experience will get more salary then a fresher get. The more experience you have the more pay you will get. Most of the people move on to other jobs if they have more than 10 years' experience in this field.
There are many Persons who have made a mark in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering. Some of the Famous Personalities are as follows:
- James Williamson, 29 October 1949 (age 68 years)
- Daniel Rohrbough (2 March 1984 - 20 April 1999)
- Daryl E. Hooper (3 December 1930 - 1985)
- Peter Harold Cole, 20 December 1936 (age 81 years)
Top Colleges in India
There are some top colleges for Electronics & Communication Engineering. they are given below:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Institute of Technology, Benaras Hindu University, Benaras.
- Institute of Technology, Ropar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhi Nagar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneshwar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi
- Institute of Technology,Indore
- Institute of Technology, Rajsthan
Specializations & Their order of preference
- Advanced Communication Systems
- VLSI System Design
- Signal Processing
- Electronic Instrumentation
What are the benefits of M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering ??
The benefits of M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering course are:
- The course is useful to begin a profession in different areas, for example, in banking, business, agriculture, health and medicine, railways, forensic, police, wireless industry, education sector, and so on.
- An Electronics & Communication Engineer have a lot of job opportunities available in Central Government, State Governments and various development centres in different states that deal in the manufacture, sales and services of electronics & communication consumer goods and appliances.
- A degree in M.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering) enables an individual to start ones own enterprise in manufacturing, assembling or repairing electronic goods, parts and components.
- Increased demand by the government, the military and many businesses for the electronics & communication equipment, computers and military electronics along with the rise in consumer demand and increased research and development on robots and other types of automation has opened vast employment opportunities in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
For whom M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering degree Suitable ??
- The course is useful to begin a profession in different segments, for example, n banking, business, agriculture, health and medicine, railways, forensic, police, wireless industry, education sector, etc.
- The individuals who have an imaginative and innovative personality and an interest in physics and mathematics are a suitable one for this challenging career.
- Who have excellent analytical skills, an eye for detail, sustained attention and the ability to work as part of a team also is a good match for it.