Masters in physiotherapy (MPT) is a postgraduate degree entitled upon successful completion of a recognized physical therapy professional education program, imparted using various methodologies of teachings and learning techniques including lectures, case studies with group discussions,internships and dissertations. The course is divided within the semester system. The criteria of admission is through Entrance Exam followed up by state, university and national levels.
- MPT orthopedics
- MPT Neurology
- MPT Cardiopulmonary
- MPT Sports
Courses & Eligibility
Applicants who've passed BPT degree from institutions where the mode of study is a full time software, with minimal 4 ½ years period from this university or another university in India or overseas as equivalent with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate and have completed 6 months of compulsory rotatory internship.
- Physiotherapy Practice and Education Technology
- Research Methodology
- Applied Biomechanics and Kinesiology
- Exercise Physiology
- Health & Fitness
- Project Work
- Advanced Electrotherapy
- Electrophysiology and Electro Diagnosis
- Advanced Manual Therapy
- Clinical Training
- Laboratory Work
- Clinical Posting
- Scientific Enquiry - Includes Project
- Seminars & Case Presentations
Course Fee 2 to 7 Lacs p.a.
Listed here are the areas offering lucrative employment opportunities to successful postgraduates of the course.
- Fitness Centres
- Health Clubs
- Physiotherapy Clinics
- Sports Training Facilities
- Private Clinics
- Orthopaedic Departments
- Physiotherapy Equipment Manufacturers
Pay & Remuneration
Fresh graduates of this course can expect an average annual income of 4 to 20 Lacs, increasing with experience.
Top Colleges in India
- Om Sai Para Medical Institute, Ambala
- Pacific College of Physiotheraphy, Udaipur
- Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Physiotherapy, Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth Pimpri, Pune
- Lovely Professional University Jalandhar