PG in Media is a 2-Year course. These two years PG course have the first year as a typical course for all understudies originating from non-media foundation to a balanced prologue to the universe of media. Also, in the second year with one of the three specialization to be choosen through an educated decision.
Courses & Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for Post Graduation in Media is not very typical. A student of any stream can apply for this course. The details regarding the eligibility are given below:
- Must have passed 10+2+3 with minimum 50 % of marks
- Graduation in any stream is accepted
- The upper limit is 25 years. But for SC/ST categories there is relaxation of 5 years
Different colleges of India prefer different course curriculum for Media PG, but the course structure followed by all the colleges are same.
The course curriculum for Media PG can be seen below:
Communication Theory, Models & Media Laws
Media Research & Applications
Multi-media Content Development
Multi-media Audio & Visual Production
Consumer Behaviour Insights & Audience Measurement Techniques
Integrated Brand & Marketing Communication
Digital Communication & Marketing
Any one of three given specialization areas:
After doing Post Graduation in Media, one has a number of job opportunites. Some of the job profiles for a Post Graduate in Media are as follows:
- Content Writer
- Social Media Manager
- Public Relations Manager
Pay & Remuneration
Salary will be different according to the job position of the employee and the postion of the company in which he/she is working. As for Pay Scale for a Fresher in Media, Rs. 15,000 - 25,000/- per month can be expected in this field. Earning rises with time but depending upon work performance of the employee.
There are many known peoples in the field of Media in India and also outside India. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Arnab Goswami (9 October 1973)
- Rajdeep Sardesai (4 May 1965)
- Prabhu Chawla (1946)
- Rajat Sharma (18 February 1957)
- Vindo Dua (11 March 1954)
- Stan Lee (28 December 1922)
- Fred Rogers (20 March 1928 - 27 February 2003)
- Lucy Hawking (2 November 1970)
- Ronan Farrow (19 December 1987)
- Jimmy Kimmel (13 November 1967)
- David Letterman (12 April 1947)
Top Colleges in India
There are various colleges available for the course of Media PG across India. Some of the famous colleges among them are:
- MET Institute of Mass Media (MET IMM), Mumbai
- Asian Business School, Noida
- AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Delhi
- AAFT - School of Mass Communication, Noida
- Pioneer Media School, Noida
- India Today Media Institute, Noida
- EMDI Institute of Media and Communication (EMDI), Mumbai
- EMDI Institute of Media and Communications, Bangalore
Importance of Media:
The importance of Media are the following:
- Media passes your message to a more extensive group of audience.
- Media enables you to focus on your message to the general public whom you want to make it heard.
- It gives free publicity and presentation to not just your news, declaration, occasion or demand – yet for your gathering or association too.
- Media has the power of being able to shape opinions.