Master of Technology in Chemical Engineering is a postgraduate Chemical Engineering course. It is two years program and further separated into two semesters each. The main emphasis in the initial two semesters is on coursework which involves both center or mandatory courses and electives. The research project constitutes a major part of the work in the second year. The understudy under the supervision of afaculty member carries out state of the art research in the frontier areas of chemical engineering, for example, computational fluid dynamics, materials science, biochemical engineering, environmental engineering, process control, reaction engineering, transport phenomena, particle technology, semiconductor processing, and so forth. The research includes taking care of issues of industrial relevance as well as of fundamental significance. The M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) programs in India are usually organized as an Engineering Research degree, lesser than Ph.D. what's more, thought to be parallel to M.Phil. what's more, M.S. degrees in Humanities and Science separately. Along these lines, M.Tech. (hemical Engineering) degree is an research-based degree where the understudy does the research work like Ph.D. work.
Courses & Eligibility
The eligibility for pursuing M.Tech in Chemical Engineering are as follows:
- Most institutes state minimal eligibility to be an undergraduate B.Tech degree in Chemical Engineering. - The Indian Institutes of technology have the introduced eligibility criteria of a valid GATE score, that is only relaxed for the ones who've received their B.Tech from an IIT with a CGPA of more than 8.0/10 as nicely.
- Note- A few institutes permit the equivalent types of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering, including a B.E. in the same field.
- M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering from an IIT will cost about INR 50K to 1.5 lakh.
The course is 2 year programme, generally following the semester system, i.e. a complete of 4 semesters. This includes certain time periods set apart for assignment work and research work.
Process Modeling and Simulation
Computational Techniques in Chemical Engineering
Industrial Pollution Control Engineering
Chemical Reactor Analysis and Design
Advanced Separation Techniques
After M.Tech. in chemical engineering, you could get job position as:
- Sales Engineer or Chemical Engineer
- Chemical/ Petrochemical Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Trainee Engineer
- Technical Sales Engineer
- Chemical Design Engineer
- Technical Service Engineer
Since in M.Tech. you'll be opting for a particular specialization, ensure that specialization is either of your interest or is marketable enough to attract employment. teaching after M.Tech. requires good CGPA and communication skills loaded with confidence.
Pay & Remuneration
A fresher holding a M.Tech Chemical Engineering degree can expect an average starting salary is approximately Rs. 50,000 Rupees per month. Paying amount depends on your overall performance and any additional talents you obtain.
A Chemical Engineer with 4 to 7 years experience will get more salary then a fresher get. The more experience you have the more pay you will get.
There are many Persons who have made a mark in the field of Chemical Engineering. Some of the Famous Personalities are as follows:
- Robin Batterham, 3 April 1941 (age 77 years)
- Henry Bessemer (19 January 1813 - 15 March 1898)
- Samuel Bodman, 26 November 1938 (age 79 years)
- John G. Collier (22 January 1935 - 18 November 1995)
- Richard Felder, 1939 (age 79 years)
Top Colleges in India
There are some top colleges for chemical engineering. they are given below:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Institute of Technology, Benaras Hindu University, Benaras.
- Institute of Technology, Ropar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhi Nagar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneshwar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi
- Institute of Technology,Indore
- Institute of Technology, Rajasthan
Specializations & Their order of preference
- Chemical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Process Control & Instrumentation
For whom M.Tech Chemical Engineering degree Suitable ??
- Applicants ought to be a good problem solver, a capacity to examine, translate and assess information and create thoughts, making you appealing to an extensive variety of engineering and business-related parts are the most appropriate for it.
- Who have project management skills; teamwork tendency and good knowledge of computer education also are equipped for this course.
- The individuals who have excellent communication skills and keep themselves mindful of the event in the chemical both in India and the outside it also can go for the course.
What are the benefits of M.Tech Chemical Engineering ??
The benefits of M.Tech Chemical Engineering course are:
- Chemical engineers are some of the highest-paid professionals in the country.
- The petroleum and chemical industries are long-established reserved job-areas for chemical engineers.
- As environmental concerns, for example, waste reduction and biohazard clean-up are catching the attention of the whole world, chemical engineers will appreciate popularity and more enjoy high demand and wider scope in these areas.
- As the chemical engineers create everything from strands to fake organs for human transplant, the wide extension and wide utilization of M.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) degree has and will always continue to provide the degree holders with the opportunities to take up work in almost any field of interest such as chemical manufacturing, electronics, healthcare, biotechnology photographic equipment, clothing, pulp and paper, etc.