Amrita Engineering Entrance Examination (AEEE) is an entrance exam for university, it is managed and conducted by the Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. AEEE is conducted on an all India basis.
This University is a multi-campus, multi-disciplinary Research University. For admission in various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes in Engineering, Business, Arts & Sciences, Biotechnology, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, and Ayurveda.
The application fee and mode of its payment for this exam are given below:
- The application fee for AEEE is Rs. 1000/-.
- For online payment, applicants can use Net Banking/ debit/credit card.
- The fee is non-refundable.
The procedure that will help you with applying for the application for AEEE is as follows:
- Applicants can apply both via online or offline mode.
- Applicants can choose the mode for filling up the AEEE application form.
- Fill your all personal, educational & other details.
- Upload your scanned photograph and signature in a JPG/JPEG format. The size of both images should be 20 KB.
- The dimension of scanned images is 3.5 cm (W) x 4.5 cm (H) (photograph) and 3.5 cm (W) x 1.5 cm (H) (Signature).
- You can take out the print out of the application form for further process.
After the announcement of the result, the cut-off will also be released at the same time. On the basis of cut-off, applicants will be shortlisted and called for counselling procedure.
The cut-off is the minimum marks secured by the applicants to qualify the exam.
Documents to be Carried
Necessary documents that you have to keep with you for this exam are:
- AEEE Admit Card & Score Card
- Transfer Certificate
- Community Certificate
- 10th class certificate to prove DOB
- 12th class Mark sheet
- 12th class Admit Card
The eligibility criteria for the examination is as follows:
- Applicants must have born on or after the 1st of July 1997.
- Applicants must have cleared the Intermediate or equivalent from recognized university/board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the subject.
- Applicant should have individually scored 55% marks in each subject and 60% aggregate in PCM.
- Minimum eligibility for management quota is 80% aggregate marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
The pattern of the exam is explained below:
- The exam will be both Computer Based Test and Pen & Paper Based Test.
- There are 100 objective type questions will be asked in the examination.
- The duration of the entrance exam will be 2 ½ hours.
- The question paper will be of total 300 marks.
- For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded.
- For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
|Exam Section||Number of Topics||Number of Questions||Section Score|
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to this exam are given below:
Q. Can a candidate get direct admission in Amrita University based on the rank in a National or State Entrance Exam?
A. No, such applicants will have to fill the Application Form of AEEE and based on the performance of the student's candidates will get selected in the entrance exam.
Q. How is the Amrita University B.Tech programme designed?
A. Applicants will be given choice based credit system with regular evaluation is followed in semester pattern.
Q. Is there any provision for Campus Transfer for the candidates after joining the B.Tech course in any of the Amrita University campuses?
A. No, once the applicants have joined one of the campuses of Amrita University, they cannot make any changes so candidates must select their campuses carefully during admission.
Q. Where shall the students attend the counseling sessions for B.Tech Admission?
A. Applicants can attend the counseling processes only in the three campuses (Coimbatore, Amritapuri, and Bengaluru). However, candidates can attend any of the branches of the three campuses that they find convenient. But there should be the availability of seats and only then the candidates will be allotted admission at their preference campus.
Q. When the candidates will know the exact date and timings of the counseling?
A. The applicants will know the timings and date as per the notification of the University. Candidates will be notified the date of counseling and along with the rank list and the candidates can for Important Dates of AEEE are available for admission/counseling process.
Q. What is the faculty ratio for the Amrita University Engineering Entrance Exam of B.Tech courses?
A. The faculty ratio for Amrita Engineering course is 1:12 approximately.
Q. Is the photocopies enough for AEEE Counselling process?
A. No, Photocopies will not do. Applicants have to produce their Original Certificates at the time of counseling. The candidates will be disqualified for admission if any candidate fails to produce the required documents.
Q. If any candidate wants to withdraw from the B.Tech Programme after taking admission, will there be a refund of the admissions fees?
A. Refund will be applicable as per the Amrita University rules and regulations.
The selection procedure for this exam is explained below:
- The ranks of the applicants are decided based on their performance in the entrance examination of AEEE.
- The examination is held in online and offline mode. Offline counseling will be held for the selected applicants in all the three campuses of Amrita University.
- Allotment of seats will be done by the admission authorities based on the ranks of the applicants and their branch preference.
- If the applicant is later on found to be ineligible, then his/her seat will be canceled.
There are many reference books available for AEEE. Some of the best reference books for the syllabus are given under:
- Mathematics by RD Sharma
- Understanding Physics by DC Pandey
- Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Chemistry by Pradeep’s
- Physics Problems by IE Irodov
- XII Mathematics: NCERT and XI Mathematics: NCERT
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma
- Comprehensive Objective Physics for Competitive Examinations
- The Pearson Complete Guide To The AIEEE
- XII Chemistry by NCERT
- Mathematics by RS Agarwal
- The Pearson Guide to Complete Mathematics for JEE (Author- SL Loney)
- Preparing AIEEE Mathematics in 40 Days
- 26 JEE Main/ AIEEE Topic-wise Solved Papers
- AIEEE Topic-Wise Solved Papers
- Target Online AIEEE/JEE Main
- The Pearson Guide to Complete Mathematics for the AIEEE
- NCERT Physics
- AIEEE Online & Offline Topic-wise Solved Papers
All the subjects cover various topics which are explained below:
- Hydrocarbons, haloalkanes, and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols, and ethers
- Polymers and biomolecules
- Aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids and amines
- Environmental chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Basic concepts
- Atomic structure, chemical bonding, and molecular structure
- Electrochemistry, kinetics and surface chemistry
- Equilibrium and thermodynamics
- Solid state and solutions
- S – block elements
- D, f – block elements
- P – block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Basic organic chemistry and techniques
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- The straight line and pair of straight lines
- Circles and Family of Circles
- Two Dimensional Geometry
- Conic Sections
- Vector Algebra
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Complex Numbers
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combination
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Relations and Functions
- Differential Calculus
- Electrostatics, current electricity, and magnetostatics
- Electromagnetic induction and electromagnetic wave
- Oscillations and waves
- Units and dimensions
- Solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Ray and wave optics
- Modern physics
There are several exam centers, Some exam centers for this exam are given below:
- New Delhi - New Delhi
- Andaman & Nicobar - Port Blair
- Andhra Pradesh - Anantapur, Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Rajahmundry, Tanuku, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam
- Assam - Guwahati, Silchar, Tezpur, Jorhat
- Bihar - Bhagalpur, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna
- Chandigarh - Chandigarh
- Chattisgarh - Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur
- Gujarat - Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara
- Haryana - Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hisar, Sonepat
- Himachal Pradesh - Dharamsala, Shimla
- Jammu & Kashmir - Jammu, Srinagar
- Jharkhand - Bokaro Steel City, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi
- Karnataka - Bengaluru, Mangaluru
- Madhya Pradesh - Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur
- Maharashtra - Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune, Thane
- Rajasthan - Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur