AP LAWCET exam is conducted by Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). The applicants who wants to look for admission in the 3-year LLB and 5-year integrated law program offered by the state law schools in Andhra Pradesh have to qualify AP LAWCET.
The medium of test for the applicants showing up in the state level law examination is English and Telugu.
The application fees for AP LAWCET can be paid in online mode. The details are as follows:
- Applicants need to pay the application fee of Rs. 750/- (for all candidates).
- The fee payment should be done through debit/credit card, net banking or AP online centers.
These are procedures that should be followed to apply for the exam of AP LAWCET:
- Students can fill and submit the AP LAWCET application form through online mode only.
- Applicants need to fill their personal, exam address & other information in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of photo and signature in the prescribed format.
- Application charges will be paid through online mode.
- Candidates need to take a printout of the application form for further use.
Courses Under Exam
The cut-off score is the minimal marks a candidate should obtain so that you can qualify AP LAWCET 2018. AP LAWCET 2018 cut-off score is based on many factors which includes:
- Total number of candidates appearing in the entrance test
- Total number of candidates who passed the entrance test
- Difficulty level of question paper
- Total number of seats
Documents to be Carried
Documents to be carried for AP LAWCET are as follows:
- LAWCET Rank card
- LAWCET hall ticket
- Memorandum of marks of SSC or equivalent
- Memorandum of marks in qualifying examination
- Provisional/Degree certificate of qualifying examination
- Caste certificate, if any
- Transfer Certificate
- Income certificate, if applicable
- Sports / PH/ NCC certificate, if applicable
The eligibility requirement for the exam of AP LAWCET are given below:
Applicant must have passed any Graduation (10,+2,+3 pattern) of a recognized University with 45% of aggregate marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent by the Universities concerned. 44.5% or more shall be rounded off and treated as 45%.
Pattern of the AP LAWCET exam is given in detail here:
|Section||Subject||No. of Questions Asked ||Marks|
|A||General Knowledge and Mental Ability||30||30|
|C||Aptitude for the Study of Law||60||60|
- This exam will have one paper comprising of 120 objective type questions.
- Each question will be provided with 4 responses.
- Applicants will have to choose the one quality suited for the very question. Each question of LAWCET shall be of one mark, therefore, the total marks allotted to LAWCET is 120 marks.
- LAWCET shall start at 10:00 am and stop at 11:30 am. Applicants will be allowed 90 minutes to take LAWCET.
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to the exam of AP LAWCET are as follows:
Q: What is the marking scheme for the exam?
Ans: A candidate will be awarded one mark for each correct answer and there is no negative marking for incorrect or unattempted questions.
Q: What topics can come under the section General Knowledge and Mental Aptitude?
Ans: This section will consist of questions to check the mental ability of the candidate. It may include questions on logical and verbal reasoning involving questions on blood relation, order ranking, seating arrangements, puzzles, etc. Other than this the General awareness will include basic questions that a candidate must know.
Q: What topics can come under the section Current Affairs?
Ans: This section will consist of questions on latest current affairs, so you should be aware of all the national, International, economic and other news to clear the section.
Q: When will the counselling for APLAWCET for BA LLB course begin?
Ans: Date is to be announced soon.
Q: How can I get admission in 3-year law course after qualifying entrance exam?
Ans: You need to appear for the exam counselling to know which colleges you are eligible for.
Q: Will there be any re-appear exam of LAWCET?
Ans: No, there is no re-exam.
Q: What is the application submission mode for AP LAWCET?
Ans: Applications can be summited only through online mode.
The important dates for the exam of AP LAWCET 2018 are as follows:
|Registration Starts on||09-Mar-2017|
|Registration Ends on (without late fee)||10-Apr-2017|
|Application correction||8th – 10th April 2018|
|Admit card release||12th April 2018|
|Exam date||19th April 2018 (2:30 PM – 4:30 PM)|
|Declaration of result||14th May 2018|
|Counselling starts||September 2018|
Some reference books for the AP LAWCET exam are as follows:
- Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning - S. Chand
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal - Arihant
- Quantitative Aptitude by R S Aggarwal & S. Chand
- QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE AND REASONING - PHI Learning
- Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law entrance examinations: A workbook Bhardwaj
- National Law University: B.A, L.L.B (Hons.) All India Law Entrance Exam Guide- RPH Editorial Board
- Universal’s General Knowledge of Law- Legal GK for competitive examinations - Manish Arora
- Lawcet Study Material - Vikram publishers
- Lawcet-Study-Material-with-Previous-Papers - Vikram publishers
- Universal's Guide to LL.M. Entrance Examination - Gaurav Mehta
- Amar Law Publications Indian Constitutional Law: The New Challenges for LLM - Sheetal Kanwal
Take a look at the syllabus to get an idea about the subjects & topics to be covered while preparing for the exam of AP LAWCET:
- History of India
- Geographical knowledge of India
- Indian Culture and Heritage
- Indian Policies
- Basics of Indian Economy
- Blood relations
- Number series
- Direction Sense
- Sitting Arrangements
- Alphabet Series
- Data Interpretation
- Visual Puzzles
- Current affairs about Politics, Judiciary System, Economy, Sports, Entertainment, Awards and Appointments
Aptitude for the Study of Law:
- Applicant must have the ability to comprehend various facts, figures and legal principles which will be given to the question. Applicant will have to mark the best possible answer for the given case as per the question asked.
These are some exam centers for AP LAWCET: