The Board recently conducts Combined Competitive Entrance Examinations (BCECE) for admission in Graduate level Vocational courses in Engineering, medical and Agricultural streams available in the Universities, Colleges and Institutions of the State of Bihar as well as those located outside Bihar towards State Quota seats.
The application fees structure for this exam are as follows:
- General Category - Rs.660
- SC/ST - Rs. 330
The application procedure for this exam is given below:
- Once the candidate registers with an e-mail and password, he would get a registration number which needs to be noted for future correspondence.
- The fees can be paid either in an online mode by net banking/credit card/debit card payment or in offline mode by way of using e-challan.
- Service Man Quota Eligibility, Disability -type and percentage.
- Permanent/local residency.
- Aadhaar card details, permanent and correspondence address and preferable exam centers.
- The application form fields can be edited within the due dates.
- Xerox copies of mark sheets and admit card.
- Xerox copy of matric or equivalent or Admit card as DOB evidence.
- Copies of caste, income and character certificate.
- Paid bank challan receipt.
- Self-attested passport photo.
The expected cut-off's for BCECE for the year is as follows:
|Category||Cutoff Percentage and Marks|
|General||300 - 50%|
|General (PH)||270 - 45%|
|Reserved (OBC/SC/ST)||240 - 40%|
|Reserved (PH)||240 - 40%|
Documents to be Carried
The documents to be carried for BCECE are as follows:
- Final Allotment letter for BCECE
- Grade 10th and 12th Mark sheet
- Admit Card for Stage 1 and Stage 2
- Copy of 6 photographs used in Online Application Form BCECE
- Counseling letter - BCECE
- Category Certificate and Medical Certificate
The eligibility criterion for this exam is given below:
- The applicant appearing for the examination should have passed class 12th (intermediate), from a Recognized Board
- The board having 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology.
- The applicant belonging to the reserved category are given some relaxation in the percentage as per the norms of the government.
- The applicant must be 17 years of age for medical and agricultural courses, however, for engineering and pharmacy courses there's no age limit.
The exam pattern for BCECE is as follows:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
- The duration of the exam is for 2 Hours and 15 minutes.
- Physics and Chemistry are sections that need to be mandatorily attempted.
- Those desiring admission in medical should attempt all 4 sections.
- Every section has 50 questions which make the total count to 150 for the engineering section.
- Every section for the Medical course has about 50 questions making the total count of questions 150.
- The total marks for BCECE Stage 1 are 600.
- Candidates are awarded 4 marks for every correct answer
- 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to this exam are given below:
Q. Is the application fee of BCECE refundable?
A. No, the BCECE application fee is non-refundable.
Q. Is there any provision to withdraw my application form after submission?
A. No, there is no such provision to cancel or withdraw the application form.
Q. Are there any special requirements for the envelope?
A. Yes, you need to send your application form in a yellow envelope with of 17 cm x 30 cm either by Registered Post or Speed Post.
Q. Will BCECE be a channel for getting admissions in the MBBS course in the medical colleges in Bihar?
A. No. For MBBS, you will need to clear the NEET UG exam.
Q. Is BCECE a channel for getting admissions in B.Arch. course in architecture colleges in Bihar?
A. Yes. you can get admissions in B.Arch. course in the architecture colleges in Bihar.
Q. What are the other eligibility requirements other than the qualification for BCECE registration?
A. To register for BCECE, you would need to be:
- An Indian citizen
- A resident of Bihar
- Of at least 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission
Q. I belong to the SC category and have secured 41% marks in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. Am I eligible to register for BCECE?
A. Yes. You are eligible to register for BCECE.
Q. I belong to the ST category and have secured 65% marks in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. Am I eligible to register for BCECE for the B.Tech course?
A. No, you should have Mathematics subject in class 12th for registering for the B.Tech. course for BCECE.
The study materials related to this exam are given below:
- Previous year solved papers and mock tests of engineering- Arihant experts
- Previous year solved papers and mock tests of engineering - Experts compilation
- Advanced Level Physics- Nelkon and Parker
- IIT Chemistry- O P Agarwal
- Daswani BCECE Preliminary exams
- AC Dutta Botany
- Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
The syllabus for BCECE is given below:
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Electronics and Communication
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Units and Measurement
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Energetics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Families - Periodic Properties
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- The States of Matter
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, and Catalysis
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Binomial Theorem and its Applications
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Complex Numbers
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Matrices and Determinants
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Permutations and Combinations
- Quadratic Equations
- Sequences and Series
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Sexual Reproduction
- Diversity in Living World
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and Environment
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
Following are the test centers for BCECE: