Banaras Hindu University also known as the BHU is one of India's best college and was established in the year 1916 via Pandit Madan Mohan Malavya with the participation of great personalities like Dr. Annie Besant. It leads the Banaras college Pre medicinal test by and commonly known as the BHU PMT in order to shortlist individuals into its medical publications.
The Application Fees structure for the exam of BHU PMT(Banaras Hindu University Pre Medical Test) is given below:
- BHU PMT for general and OBC category: Rs 1000/-
- SC/ ST category:Rs 600/-
- The amount can also be paid in online through Debit/ Credit card or through Net Banking and also by Cash through challan or downloaded from the Entrance Test Portal.
Procedure to apply for BHU PMT Exam is given in detail below:
- Applicants applying have to visit the BHU PMT website bhu.ac.in.
- To register aspirant have to click on the option given “Apply for admission” and provide their mobile number and email ID for receiving all future post till the admission process is over.
- Applicants need to log in using their login details and fill in their private, academics and other details as mentioned in the form and save it.
- Applicants need to select the test center in which they are most comfortable with and save it.
- Applicants have to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature in JPEG format only and submit it.
- For completion of the process, Applicants have to pay their application fees.
Courses Under Exam
Cut off of the BHU PMT is given here as follows:
- A score of 60% in the screening test qualifies you for the main exam.
- A score of 70-80% can normally ensure you a seat in BHU.
Documents to be Carried
All applicants should carefully read the list of required documents at the time of appearing for the BHU PMT Counselling. All eligible applicants are requested to read the list of documents carefully and bring all mentioned documents.
- Admit card of the entrance exam of BHU PMT
- Certificate to prove date of birth, generally high school certificate does the needful.
- Passing certificate and mark sheet of the latest qualifying exam.
- Certificate and Mark sheet of exam of High school.
- Transfer Certificate from the last attended school.
- Four black and white passport size photograph. The photo should be the same which was pasted in the application form while applying for the entrance exam.
- Certificate of the category if the applicant belongs to SC or ST caste, approved by the appropriate authority.
There are some conditions which are decided by the exam conducting authority to be eligible for admission. The eligibility criteria for attending the exam:
- Applicant must have completed 17 years of age during the time of admission.
- Applicant has to clear 10+2 under CBSE or Intermediate science or an equivalent course or Board of Indian state with mandatory subjects like physics, chemistry, English, biology.
- Applicant needs to pass 10+2/ or related in physics, chemistry, biology, and English with a minimum 60% and SC/ST with 50%. Once if this process is done then you can go for further process.
Pattern of BHU PMT Exam is given in detail below:
- The BHU PMT contains a total 200 questions.
- Each question carries 2 marks.
- Paper contains 50 questions from each from Physics, Chemistry and Botany and Zoology with 100 marks for each subject.
- There would be a deduction of 1 mark for any wrong answer.
- The total time duration to complete this exam is 3 hours.
Q. What is the minimum eligibility for admission to MBBS?
Ans. Passed Science/Pre-Medical Course/12 year of 10+2 or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology took together. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination may also apply. Should have completed 17 years but not crossed 25 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Foreign nationals are not required to appear in the entrance examination for MBBS Course. They may seek admission through respective Ministries of Govt. of India, New Delhi, as per the rules laid down for the purpose.
Q. What are the courses offered in the Institute of Medical Sciences of BHU?
Ans. The courses offered by Faculty of Medicine include MBBS (59 students), MD/MS (87 students in 22 subjects), DM/MCh (22 students in 11 subjects), MSc in Health Statistics (10 students) and Ph.D. in all the subjects. The Faculty of Ayurveda imparts courses of BAMS (50 students), MD/MSAy. (25 students) and Ph.D. in all Ayurvedic subjects. The Faculty of Dental Sciences offers MDS in Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry (one student each).
Q. What is the distribution of medical seats?
Ans. M.B.B.S.(84 seats) : General - 42; OBC – 23; SC – 13 and ST – 6; BDS (38 seats): General – 19; OBC – 10; SC – 6 and ST – 3; BAMS (78 seats) : General – 36; Foreign National – 3; OBC – 21; SC – 12 and ST – 6; B.Pharm. (33 seats): General – 17; OBC – 9; SC – 5 and ST – 2. Three percent seats are reserved for Physically Challenged (PC) candidates in all the categories of the above courses.
These are the important dates of BHU PMT exam:
|Online Application Releasing Date||January 2019|
|Last Date for Submission of Form||February 2019|
|Last Date for Offline Form Submission||February 2019|
|Admit Card Availability||May 2019|
|Exam Date||June 2019|
|Result Declaration||July 2019|
|Counseling Begin From||August 2019|
For the Exam of BHU PMT, Applicants have to attend two stages of the selection process. the selection procedure in explained below:
- Pre Medical Test - Screening
- Pre Medical Test - Main Exam
There are various study materials available for the Exam of BHU PMT. Some of which are given below:
- NCERT class XI and class XII books
- HC Verma ( For theory)
- DC Pandey (For numericals)
- Objective Physics by Dr. Pramod Agarwal Vol 1 & 2 – Recommended
- Pradeep’s A Text Book Of Physics With Value Based Questions
- Fundamentals of Physics, by Halliday, Resnik and Walker
BHU PMT exam syllabus contains subjects like(Chemistry, Physics, Biology) Applicant should learn this syllabus before applying for BHU PMT Exam:
PhysicsWork and Heat
Physics of the Atom
Law of Thermodynamics
Kinetic Theory of Gases
ChemistryStructure of Atom
States of Matter
Periodic Properties of Elements
Molecule and Chemical Bond
General & Inorganic Chemistry
Elements and Compounds
BiologyXylem and Phloem
Tropic and turgor movements
Transpiration and respiration
Plant growth and development
Internal structure of stem
Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves
Genetics and Evolution
Botany and Human Welfare
Anatomy and Physiology of Plants
Absorption and cell water relations
There are few exam centers where BHU PMT Exam will be held:
Mirzapur - Rajiv Gandhi South Campus – Barkachha