This is a computer-based test conducted via BITS Pilani (Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani). To take admissions in its various undergraduate & postgraduate integrated First degree programmes in Engineering, Science & Pharmacy in order to secure admission in any of the BITS Campuses located at Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa, a candidate needs to qualify the checks.
The BITS Pilani is an all India Institution declared as Deemed to be university under section 3 of the UGC Act. Admissions to all the integrated First degree programs of BITS Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2018 will be made on the basis of a computer based online test conducted via BITS, Pilani.
The fees structure for this exam is as follows:
- Male- 2,750 INR
- Female- 2,250 INR
- For Dubai Center US $ 60 ( 4,000 INR)
The application procedure for this exam is as follows:
- Filling the form - All private information just like the name, communication medium and address must be filled up. The qualifying examination details, as well as the test center preference, also need to be filled up here.
- Uploading the scanned images - In Jpg/Jpeg format only size: 10 KB to 30 KB. The signature's size must not exceed 20 KB in any case.
- Pay application charges - It must be paid in online form only using credit/debit cards/net banking.
Cut-offs for this year (2018):
|Degree programme at Pilani Campus||Expected Cut-off BITSAT score|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electrical & Electronics||343|
|B.E.(Hons.): Computer Science||354|
|B.E.(Hons.): Electronics & Instrumentation||332|
|M.Sc.(Hons.): Biological Sciences||284|
Documents to be Carried
The documents to be carried for this exam are:
- S.S.L.C/10th Marks Sheet & pass certificate (any recognized board)
- Migration certificate, character certificate and transfer certificate in English from faculty final attended
- Class 12th Marks Sheet/pass certificate (any recognized board)
- Passport size photos
- Any valid identity proof like Aadhar card, PAN card, driving license etc.
The eligibility criterion for this exam is as follows:
- Applicants must have passed Grade 12 or equivalent exam (from the State or Central Board of Secondary Education).
- The applicants must have secured as a minimum 75% aggregate, 60% marks separately across subjects.
- Proficiency in English is a requirement to appear in BITSAT 2018.
- Applicants who've cleared/handed the 12th-grade examination in 2017 or are appearing in 2018 are eligible for appearing in BITSAT 2018.
- Admission to the Engineering Programmes offered via the BITS Campuses would be on the basis of the merit list.
- If a candidate has made more than 1 attempt in 12th Grade, only the latest attempt shall be taken into account. This attempt would be made for the full component of the courses/subjects.
- Applicants presently pursuing their education in BITS would not be eligible to write the examination.
The exam pattern is as follows:
- Duration of Exam: The exam will be of about 3 hours.
- Slot: Exam will be conducted in two slots
- 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Question Type: The questions type will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer 3 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking:
- â€‹One mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- No marks will be given for not attempted questions.
- Language: The question paper will be published in English language.
|Parts||Subject||No. of questions|
|Part IV||Mathematics/Biology (for B.Pharm)||45|
Q. I did not take a print out of the application form while applying. Can I get a print out now?
Ans. Yes, you can do so. You have to visit the official page and enter your login id and password. You will then be able to take a print out.
Q. What is the procedure for applying for foreign students?
Ans. There is no procedure. The candidates have to obtain an equivalence certificate from AIU and the rest of the procedure remains the same.
Q. I have not registered for BITSAT. Can I apply for admissions?
Ans. No, you can not.
Q. Are there any seats reserved for NRIs?
Ans. No,there are no seats reserved for NRIs.
Q. Will 74.6% in PCM in qualifying exam be considered as 75%?
Ans. No. it will not be considered as 75%.
Q. How to I apply for different campuses of BITS at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad?
Ans. Yes, you just need to fill a form.
Q. When will BITSAT 2018 counseling start?
Ans: The counseling of BITSAT 2018 will start from the first week of June.
Q. How many participating institutes are there in BITSAT 2018 and what are the names of the participating institutes?
Ans: There are three participating institutes of BITSAT 2018, which are – BITS Pilani, BITS Goa, BITS Hyderabad.
The selection procedure for this exam is as follows:
- All applicants who have appeared for BITSAT 2018 should submit an admission application with their 12th Board exam marks, their order of preference to different degree programs and the required charges.
- There will be a final merit listing, based on the BITSAT score and fulfilling the eligibility criteria for the board exam. The listing is meant to be out on 1st July.
- For applicants applying for direct admission on the basis of the Board marks, they must be the board toppers of their respective board and submit a proof as well.
- There will be merit lists prepared- One for all the applicants, except B.Pharm and the other solely for B.Pharm.
- Applicants who have the same score in the BITSAT examination, their scores in mathematics/Biology are considered. If a tie still exists, the scores of Physics and then Chemistry are compared. Finally, their scores in PCM/PCB in 12th grade are used in breaking the tie if it still exists.
The study material for this exam are as follows:
- Comprehensive Coverage of NCERT Syllabus for Classes 11 and 12 (English) 4th Edition – Arihant Publication
- BITSAT Explorer 2015 (With CD) (English) by MTG Editorial Board
- BITSAT English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning PB (English)
- 6.12 Practice Papers BITSAT 2017 PB 8th Edition by G.K.P.
- NCERT books of class 11th & 12th
- Pradeep's guide for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology each.
- SL Arora for a detailed analysis in Physics
- Modern's ABC Chemistry
- RS Agarwal for Mathematics
- Solomon Fryhle and Morrison Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- Units and Measurements
- Newton's laws of motion
- Impulse and Momentum
- Work and Energy
- Rotational Motion
- Mechanics of Solid and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Modern Physics
- Electronic Devices
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Physical and Chemical Equilibria
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Hydrogen and s- block elements
- P, d and f block elements
- Principles of organic chemistry and Hydrocarbons
- Organic compounds with functional groups containing Oxygen and Nitrogen
- Biological, Industrial and Environmental Chemistry
English & Logical Reasoning:
- Verbal Reasoning
- Non- Verbal Reasoning
- 2D coordinate geometry
- 3D Coordinate geometry
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Ordinary Differential Equation
- Linear programming
The test centres for this exam are as follows:
- Hyderabad Campus of BITS
- Hyderabad City
- Dubai Campus of BITS (International Center)
- Goa Campus of BITS
- Pilani campus of BITS