CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) was successfully conducted on may via National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS Kochi). CLAT is conducted all over India entrance by 19 National Law Universities/Institutes (NLUs) for admissions to 5-year integrated undergraduate & postgraduate degree programs.
The result will provide the Qualifying status of the aspirants and can be viewed only via the registered applicants. The applicants intending to view their CLAT results are required to go to the official website of CLAT.
The application fees details for the exam of CLAT are as follows:
- Unreserved/OBC/PWD and Other Categories - 4000 INR
- SC/ST - 3500 INR
For payment of application fees, Online Mode Includes:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net banking
Offline Mode Includes:
- Bank Challan
The application procedure for the exam of CLAT are as follows:
- Creating ID
- Filling the Application Form
- Uploading Documents
- Selecting Examination City
- Paying Application Fees
- Taking Print Out
Courses Under Exam
Cut-off for CLAT 2018 are as follows:
|National Law Universities||Cut-off 2018|
|National Law School of India University||66|
|West Bengal National University of Judicial sciences||260|
|National Academy of Legal Studies and Research||135|
|Hidayatullah National Law University||657|
|Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University||668|
|Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law||924|
|Chanakya National Law University||1186|
Documents to be Carried
The important documents to be carried for the exam of CLAT are as follows:
- CLAT admit card
- CLAT scorecard
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Class 12th Marksheet
- Category/NRI/specially abled certificates
The eligibility criteria for the exam of CLAT are given below:
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from a recognized Board with minimal 50% marks in aggregate.
- A relaxation of 5% will be provided to the applicants of reserved category i.e. 45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and PWD.
- Applicants who still appear for 10+2 equivalent examination are also eligible.
- During the time of admission, the candidate is required to produce evidence of their passing exam.
- The upper age limit for CLAT 2018 is 20 years (for general) and 22 years (for SC/ST)(matter of hearing in the supreme court).
- Grades are required to be converted into percentages for CLAT 2018.
- Candidate required to give any supplementary examination would not be eligible for admission.
The exam for CLAT would be based on the following features:
- The entrance exam would be held online. It would be a computer based test. (CBT)
- It would be in English.
- The exam is set for 200 marks.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark is awarded to the candidate.
- 1/4 mark would be deducted for an incorrect answer.
- The exam would be set for a time-limit of 2 hours.
- Every question carries 1 mark and there is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer.
- There is no sectional obligation and one can scroll in between the sections.
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to the exam of CLAT are as follows:
Q: What is the mode of CLAT exam?
Ans: It is conducted in the Online mode.
Q: What is the medium of the exam?
Ans: It is conducted only in English.
Q: How many months of preparation one should do to be selected in one of the top 5 Law schools?
Ans: Between 8 - 16 months is good for preparation, depending on the average number of hours invested per day and the quality of preparation.
Q: Is this online examination for CLAT based on internet?
Ans: No, it is not based on internet.
Q: Is there any compulsory requirement of computer skills for appearing in online CLAT?
Ans: The candidate appearing in CLAT only needs to operate the computer mouse.
Q: Is there any arrangement for Specially-Abled Persons?
Ans: Yes, the specially-abled persons can opt to arrange for his/ her own scribe or or they can make request to the CLAT office to provide one for them.
Q: Will I will be given extra sheets/ papers for rough work and calculations?
Ans: Yes, examination centres will provide rough sheets to candidates for calculations.
Q: How can I practice for CLAT online?
Ans: Candidates can give mock tests.
Q: Is there any negative marking for CLAT 2018?
Ans: Yes, 0.25 marks each will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The important dates for CLAT 2018 can be seen below:
|Application Procedure began from||01st January 2018|
|Application Procedure ended on||31st March 2018|
|Release of Admit card||20th April 2018|
|Exam Date||13th May 2018|
|Result||31st May 2018|
|Counselling and Seat Allotment||1st June- 6th July 2018 (Tentative)|
The intakes for CLAT can be seen below:
|Category||Number of Seats|
|CLAT All India Seats (UG) in 19 NLUs||1,308|
|State wise total Seats||621|
|Special Category Seats||235|
|Total Seats Under CLAT 2018 (UG)||2,164|
CLAT selection process 2018 comprises of the following stages:
- Written test
- CLAT Counselling 2018
Candidates will be shortlisted for counselling round based on their scores in the CLAT 2018 written exam.
Some reference books for the CLAT exam are as follows:
- Books like RS. Agarwal for Mathematics and Reasoning.
- Books like Pratiyogita Darpan for current affairs.
- A.P Bhardwaj is also a useful book for this exam.
The syllbaus for CLAT can be seen below:
- Antonyms, synonyms, and analogies
- Phrases, fill in the blanks, cloze tests
- Rearrangement of sentences and words
- Common usage errors, spelling, use of inappropriate words
GK and Current Affairs:
- News which are of importance in the national and international context for the past one year
- These would span across various fields like economics, geography, technology, sports, persons, books and authors to mention a few
- Arithmetic: Number systems, surds, square root, approximation, ratio and proportion, average
- Commercial Maths: Profit and loss, percentages, partnerships and discounts
- Mensuration: Volumes and areas
- The section would test the candidate's understanding in various fields of law- International, Criminal, Indian Constitution, Contracts, torts family law
- Approach to research and solving problems would be tested
- Reasoning: Classification, coding and decoding, relationships, alphabets, distance, direction
- Logic: Assumptions, arguments, conclusions and the best course of action
These are some exam centers for the exam of CLAT:
- Greater Noida