Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) was made via the Karnataka Private Medical & Dental College Association and the Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering College Association.
The management of this exam is done through the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental of Karnataka. This is an Under Graduate Entrance Test organized for admission into engineering and architecture courses. It is a State Level Entrance Exam.
Fees structure for the exam of COMEDK-UGET is as follows:
- The application fee for applicants applying for medical/dental course is INR 1200.
- Applicants applying for both engineering and medical courses will have to pay an application fee of INR 1500.
The application procedure for COMEDK-UGET is given here:
- Applicants have to fill the application form only through online mode.
- you have to go to the official Website of Karnataka Examination Authority: kea.kar.nic.in.
- Click on the option given on the right hand corner of the page "COMEDK Medical".
- In the application, applicants have to enter their full name, e-mail ID, mobile no., and the course for which they are applying.
- After successful registration, applicants will get the unique User ID and Password in the registered email id & mobile number.
- Candidates have to upload their photograph, signature in the JPEG format.
- Candidates intrested for admission to B.Arch course have to submit the separate application for appearing in the counselling process.
Courses Under Exam
Some of the courses that comes under exam of COMEDK-UGET are:
- Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Some of the parameters which decide the cut off marks are mentioned below:
- The number of candidates appeared for the test
- The number of seats available
- The number of qualified students
- Difficulty level of question paper
COMEDK UGET Cut off rank will be different for different colleges, categories and branches. The qualifying marks for COMEDK UGET can be seen below:
|Other Backward Classes||40%|
Documents to be Carried
The necessary documents to be kept for the Counselling of COMEDK-UGET are as follows:
- 10th/SSLC Passing Certificate
- 12th/2nd PUC Marksheet or Passing Certificate
- Photocopy of the filled Application Form
- Photo ID proof
- COMEDK UGET TAT Card 2018
- COMEDK UGET Rank Card 2018
- Demand Draft
- Category Certificate
- NATA Score Card (If Applicable)
Before applying for the engineering & architecture courses, applicants must check their eligibility criteria for COMEDK-UGET:
- Applicants should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Applicants have to pass the qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics & English as a compulsory subject.
- Applicants need to score minimum 45% aggregate marks (40% in case of SC, ST & OBC applicants of Karnataka) in PCM subjects and must have passed individually.
- Diploma applicants are not eligible.
- Applicants must have cleared 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Applicants should have qualify the qualifying exam with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Applicants need to secure at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC, ST & OBC category of Karnataka).
- Applicants must have 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central/State Government.
- Valid NATA Score Card (minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks for both General Merit and Category students).
Pattern of the exam for COMEDK-UGET is explained here:
- The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- The question paper comprises of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Total time provided for the whole exam is 3 hours (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- The language of the question paper will be English.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- No negative marking for the incorrect response.
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to the exam of COMEDK-UGET are as follows:
Q: Who will conduct COMEDK UGET?
Ans: COMEDK UGET is managed by the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental of Karnataka (COMEDK).
Q: Is COMEDK UGET only for the Karnataka students?
Ans: COMEDK UGET is open to all India candidates.
Q: How is KCET different for COMEDK?
Ans: KCET is the State Entrance Exam and offers admissions to the Govt colleges and private ones too. COMEDK is the consortium of Medical and Engineering colleges of Karnataka and is for admissions to the courses in the private colleges which participate or are members of the same. Moreover, KCET is for Karnataka students only while COMEDK is open to any student from the country.
Q: What is the minimum eligibility for engineering & Architecture course?
Ans: Candidates have to pass 10+2 or any equivalent examination to be eligible for the exam.
Q: Is the application process online?
Ans: Yes, COMEDK UGET 2018 application process is to be done in online mode only.
Q: How can I pay the application fee Online?
Ans: You can use net banking/credit card/debit card of any bank to make the payment.
Q: Is there any use of Admit card after the examination is over?
Ans: Yes, candidates are advised to keep the admit card till the admission process. It will also be required in the counselling process.
Q: What is the language of the question paper?
Ans: The language of the question paper will be English.
Q: Does COMEDK have negative marking?
Ans: There will be no negative marking for the incorrect responses.
The important dates that needs to be noted for the exam of COMEDK-UGET are as follows:
|Application Form Release Date||16th January 2018|
|Last Date to fill Application||20th April 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card|| 4th – 12th May 2018|
|COMEDK UGET 2018 Exam Date||13th May 2018 (10 AM-1 PM)|
|Last date for receiving challenges/objections pertaining to Provisional Answer Keys||21st May 2018|
|Final answer key release||25th May 2018|
|Result Declaration||28th May 2018|
|Counselling Dates||16th - 26th July 2018|
Reference books for the exam of COMEDK-UGET:
- Chemistry for Karnataka CET and COMEDK by BASE
- Chemistry for Karnataka CET and COMEDK by Dr. Somar Maruti H.
- IIT Chemistry by O.P Agarwal
- NCERT Book for Class 11th and 12th
- Aptitude Problems in Physics by S.S Krotov
- Physics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK by BASE (2nd edition)
- NCERT Textbooks for Class 11th and 12th
- Algebra Made Easy by K.P Basu
- NCERT Textbooks Class 11th and 12th
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
The syllabus consists of mainly three subjects such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Below, we are providing syllabus as per the subjects for COMEDK-UGET:
Current & Electricity
Units of Measurement
Motion in one, two & three dimensions
Heat & Thermodynamics
ChemistryTransition of Metals
Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
Chemistry in Action
Three Dimensional Geometry
Matrices and Determinants
Correlation & Regression
The test centres for the exam of COMEDK-UGET are as follows:
- Port Blair
- Andaman & Nicobar
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Bihar Sharif