Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) is a state level entrance test which is conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) for admissions to Engineering and Pharmacy programmes offered by various institutes in the State of Gujarat, grant in aid and self-finance institutes of Gujarat. Students can appear for this entrance test after passing their 10+2 examination.
Fees structure of GUJCET exam is given below:
- Applicants have to submit the prescribed application fee of Rs. 300/-.
- The application fee could also be paid through offline mode, i.e. demand draft.
- The DD should be sent at “Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell, Gandhinagar” payable at Ahmedabad.
Procedure to apply for the exam of GUJCET is explained below:
- Applicants are strongly advised to apply online, on time without waiting for the last date for submission of online application.
- The booklet and PIN number (User ID and Password) is distributed through the district distribution center.
- Applicants should fill in the online application form correctly. An incorrectly filled form will be rejected.
- In the application process, applicants may be asked to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in prescribed specifications.
- The images should be in JPG or JPEG format.
- The size limit should be 5KB to 50KB (120px X 120px).
- Applications not doing with these instructions or with unclear photographs are liable to be rejected.
Courses Under Exam
The courses under the exam of AP LAWCET are as follows:
- Engineering courses
- Pharmacy courses
Cut off of GUJCET is given below:
|Percentile Rank||No. of Cand. A Group||No. of Cand. B Group|
Documents to be Carried
Necessary documents that an applicant has to keep for GUJCET are given below:
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- 10th Standard Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- GUJCET Result
- Passport Size photographs
There are some conditions which is decided by the exam conducting authority to be eligible for admission. The eligibility criteria for attending the GUJCET exam:
- All aspirants must be the citizen of India.
- Applicant must be the resident of Gujarat. Those who are the resident of Gujarat but are residing outside Gujarat are also eligible to apply.
- The aspirant has to pass the 12th examination from Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar/CBSE, Delhi/CISCE, New Delhi/NIOS/International School Board.
- Applicants who will complete the 10+2 examination are also eligible to apply.
- The minimum score of 45% has to be secured by the applicants in the qualifying exam. The reserved category applicants will have to score 40% marks minimum.
The pattern of the GUJCET exam is given in detail here:
- Mode of the exam will be offline.
- The question paper will be comprised of a total of 120 questions.
- Only multiple choice questions having four alternatives will be asked in the exam.
- The subjects covered under the examination are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
- The examination will be a maximum of 120 marks.
- The examination will be 3 hours (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- Negative marking of 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to the exam of GUJCET are as follows:
Q: I have made some mistakes in the application form. Can I correct it later on?
Ans: Once the application form is submitted, no correction is allowed at later stages.
Q: Is there any reservation for SC and ST category candidates?
Ans: Yes. 7% seats are reserved for SC category and 15% seats are reserved for ST category.
Q: What is the medium of GUJCET examination?
Ans: The question paper is provided in 3 languages namely Hindi, English and Gujarati.
Q: How can I get the admit card?
Ans: Admit card is issued online through the official website of GSEB.
Q: Is the merit list common for all categories?
Ans: No, merit list will be prepared separately for various categories.
Q: Can a student with citizenship other than “Indian” eligible for Admission?
Q: How many times can I appear for GUJET?
Ans: There is no limit.
Important dates to be noted for the exam of GUJCET are as follows:
The release of GUJCET online application form
January 25, 2019
Last date to submit the filled application form
February 16, 2019 (Extended)
|3||Submission of the application form (with late fee)||February 18 to 24, 2019|
The release of GUJCET 2019 admit card (offline)
Third week of March 2019
The release of GUJCET 2019 admit card (online)
Third week of March 2019
GUJCET 2019 exam (Physics & Chemistry)
April 23, 2019
GUJCET 2019 exam (Mathematics)
April 23, 2019
Some reference books for the GUJET exam are as follows:
- GUJCET paper (English medium) by Sona Prakashan
- GANIT GUJCET DARPAN (IN GUJARATI) by KUMAR
- Gujarat CET Engineering Solved Papers by Arihant Experts
- TEST SERIES GUJCET (PCM) in English by DEVESH BHARDWAJ
- TEST SERIES GUJCET (PCM) in Gujarati by DEVESH BHARDWAJ and D. M. PANDYA
- MATHEMATICS STD: 12 (part-1) for Gujarat board & JEE by B S SHAH
- GUJCET (PCB) TEST SERIES in ENGLISH by DEVESH BHARDWAJ
Take a look at the syllabus to get an idea about the subjects & topics to be covered while preparing for the exam of GUJCET:
- Surface Chemistry
- F Block Elements
- Complex Salts or Coordination Compound
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- P-Block Elements – II
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Phenols and Ethers
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Electric Charge & Electric Field
- Ray Optics
- Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance
- Wave Optics
- Current Electricity
- Dual Nature of Radiation & Matter
- Magnetic Effect of Electric Current
- Magnetism & Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Semiconductor Electronics
- Alternating Current
- Communication System
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Permutation & Combination
- Complex Numbers
- Definite Integration
- Sets, Relations & Functions
- Indefinite Integration
- Theory of Equations
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Matrices Determinants
These are some exam centers for GUJCET:
- Ahmedabad (City) - Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad (Rural) - Ahmedabad (Rural)
- Amreli - Amreli
- Kutch - Bhuj
- Kheda - Nadiad
- Jamnagar - Jamnagar
- Junagadh & Diu - Junagadh
- Dang - Ahwa
- Panchmahal - Godhra
- Banaskantha - Palanpur
- Bharuch - Bharuch
- Bhavnagar - Bhavnagar
- Mahesana - Mahesana
- Rajkot - Rajkot
- Vadodara - Vadodara
- Sabarkantha - Himmatnagar
- Surat - Surat
- Surendranagar - Surendranagar
- Anand - Anand
- Patan - Patan
- Navsari - Navsari
- Dahod - Dahod
- Porbandar - Porbandar
- Narmada - Rajpipla
- Gandhinagar - Gandhinagar
- Tapi - Vyara
- Mahisagar - Lunawada
- Arvalli - Modasa
- Chhota Udepur - Chhota Udepur
- Botad - Botad
- Morbi - Morbi
- Gir Somnath - Veraval
- Devbhumi Dwarka - Jamkhambhaliya