It is a University level entrance exam for admission to 2 year MBA programme with dual specialization in the second year. The exam will be conducted across various exam centers set up in 8 different cities of India. The candidates are shortlisted for admission on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam, academic performance, GD-PI.
Himachal Pradesh University Management Aptitude Test is a state level entrance test for admissions to the MBA program at Himachal Pradesh University Business School. The test is conducted by Himachal Pradesh University Business School.
The fee structure is explained here:-
Category Application Fee
- General category INR 1000
- SC/ST INR 500
Procedure to how to apply is given here:-
- Visit the official website hpubsshimla.org
- Click on the ADMISSIONS section and register yourself from through a valid e-mail ID
- Log onto the profile to fill the application form.
- The online application form is divided into the following categories:
- Personal information
- Education and document details
- Application summary
- Submit reference number and application form
- After filling the details click on the SAVE button.
- Applicants will receive a system generated registration number and password in the given mobile number and email ID.
- Upload a scanned copy of the following documents in the given specifications:
- Passport sized photograph of maximum 100 KB in .jpeg or .jpg format only.
- Signature of maximum file size 100 KB in .jpg or .jpeg format
- Mark sheet/Certificate of 2 MB in PDF format.
Cut off is given with there category here:-
Category Cut off
Open to all 30.75%
Internal General 28%
Single girl child 25.75%
Ph. Challenged 17%
Non-subsidized category 21.25%
HPU ward 16.5%
Documents to be Carried
Necessary documents for the exam:-
- Scanned copy of a photograph
- Scanned copy of Signature
- Scanned copy of applicant’s parent’s signature
- Mark sheet(s) or certificate(s)
- Valid email id and mobile number
Eligibility criteria is given here in detail:-
- Applicants should have done graduation with minimum 50% (45% for reserved category students) marks from a recognized university
- Applicants in their final year of Graduation can also apply, provided they will be able to present the passing certificate at the time of admission
- Maximum age limit for the course is 26 for boys and 28 for girls. SC/ST candidates, both boys and girls can apply up to the age of 29
Pattern of exam is in detailed given below:-
English Comprehension 50
Business Environment 50
Arithmetic Comprehension and DI 50
- HPU MAT is a pen and paper test of 2-hour duration.
- The question paper is divided into 4 parts comprising of 50 questions each, making 200 questions in total.
- Each question comprises of 1 mark and the paper is of 200 marks.
- No negative marking for any question.
Q. What is HPU MAT?
Answer: HPU MAT is a state-level entrance examination, which is conducted once in every year by Himachal Pradesh University Business School to provide admission to eligible candidates in various management courses.
Q. How can we remit the registration fee?
Answer: Registration fee for HPU MAT Exam can be remitted either via online mode (through debit card/credit card/net banking) or via offline mode (through Bank Challan).
Q. What is the last date to submit the application form?
Answer: Students can submit their application form till the month of May. Any submission of application forms after the due date won’t be accepted and will be rejected by the conducting authority.
Q. Will the admit cards delivered at our residential address as well?
Answer: Yes, admit cards will be delivered to the address provided by each student while filling in the registration form. Still, students are advised to take a print out of the admit cards from the official website, and check if there are any errors. Take several printouts of the admit card, for all further processes.
Q. In which mode, the exam will be conducted.
Answer: The exam will be conducted in only offline mode (pen & paper mode). No online exams will be conducted.
Q. How many marks will be awarded for each answer?
Answer: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded. Maximum marks for the exam are 200.
Q. Is there any negative marking?
Answer: No, there is no negative marking in the exam.
Q. What is the upper age limit to apply for HPU MAT Exam?
Answer: The upper age limit for male candidates is 26 years and 28 years for female applicants. Applicants above these ages are not eligible for the exam.
Q. Is there any age relaxation for reserved category candidates?
Answer: Yes, there is age relaxation for applicants belonging to the SC/ST category. The upper limit to apply for both male and female is 29 years.
Dates to be noted foe the exam:-
- Last Date for Apply for HPU-MAT: 05th May 2018
- Date of Entrance Exam: 26th May 2018 (Saturday)
- Date for Declaration of Result: 09th June 2018
- Date of GD/Interview for Subsidized Seats: 09th,10th, 11th & 12th July 2018
- Declaration of Final Result for Subsidized Seats: 14th July 2018 (Saturday)
- Date of GD/Interview for Non-Subsidized Seats: 16th,17th, 18th, 19th, 20th & 21st July 2018
- Declaration of Final Result for Non-Subsidized Seats: 23rd July 2018 (Monday)
HPUBS takes around 120 students for MBA course and out of which 60 seats are under subsidized category and 60 seats are under non-subsidized category.
The procedure of selection will be like this:-
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates)
- Admission is based on HPU-MAT, Application Rating, and Group Discussion & Personal Interview
Application Rating 30
HPU MAT 2018 Exam 50
Group Discussion 10
Personal Interview 10
Reference books for the syllabus:-
- Mission MBA guideB.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal
- The Pearson MAT super courseArun Sharma
- MAT score acceleratorDisha publications
- MAT solved papersDisha experts
- Barron’s guide for MAT Eugene D.Jaffe
- 10 mock test papers for MATCarrier launchers
- A Communicative Grammar of English Geoffrey Leech
- Business English and Communication Clark
- 30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary Wilfred Funk and Norman Lewis
- Data Interpretation MBA Entrance Jaiswal
- Quantitative Aptitude Arun Sharma
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning A.K.Gupta
- Verbal AbilityArun Sharma
- Verbal Ability R. S. Agarwal
The syllabus which includes the important topics that you have to study for the exam:-
English Comprehension & Language:
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence improvement
- Subject-verb agreement
- Numerical Ability & Data Interpretation
- HCF & LCM
- Ratios & Proportions
- Number system
- Profit & Loss
- Work & Time
- Partnership (Accounts)
- Geometric progression
- Percentages & Averages
- In-equations Quadratic and linear equations
- Time, speed and Distance
- General Intelligence & Critical Reasoning:
- Family tree
- Strong and weak arguments
- Multi-dimensional arrangements
- Course of action
- Visual reasoning
- Blood relations
- Numeric grid
- Pie charts
- Column graphs
- Area graphs
- Critical reasoning
- Coding & Decoding
- Statement conclusions
- General Knowledge & Business Awareness
- Business GK
- Newspaper and Journals
- Business vocabulary
- Awards and Honours
- Business environment
There are only a few exam centers of this exam and they are:-