The Indian Institute of foreign trade (IIFT) entrance examination is a written examination conducted by the Indian Institute of foreign change for their New Delhi and Kolkata campuses. IIFT is conducted for finding out admission of applicants in MBA in international business at IIFT Delhi or Kolkata campuses. About 40,000 applicants check in for the test out of which most effective 1% get admitted. The shortlisted applicants would get selected on the basis of group discussion, Written Admission test, and Interview.
The application fee structure of IIFT exam is given below:
|General/ OBC ||1550 INR|
|Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI|| 4500 INR|
There are three types of application procedure given here for IIFT exam. You can check and then decide which procedure will be easy for you, the procedure are as follows:
Application Procedure Via Online Mode
- Click on "apply Now" and select the category you belong from to apply for the exam.
Read carefully the information displayed on your screen regarding the payment of application charge.
- Fill in the basic details asked in the application form and submit the form.
Application number will be sent to you to the registered e-mail id after the a success submission of the form.
- Use the application no. sent to you in e-mail and password entered by you whilst registration to log in to the website.
- To complete the registration process, follow the links displayed.
- After completing the formalities, applicants shall be informed regarding successful registration via an e mail at registered e-mail id.
Application Procedure Via Offline Mode
- Applicants can purchase the application form either from the campus by paying the application charge via cash or can obtain it via post by paying via demand Draft.
Application Procedure Via Post
- Candidates willing to get the brochure and application form by post have on send them a couple of reports at the Sh. Gaurav Gulati, SAO (scholastics), Indian Institute of foreign trade, B-21, Qutab Institutional area, New Delhi - 110016.
- The following document also needs to be sent. The last date for the same will be introduced later.
- Request application clearly mentioning your postal address where you need to receive your application form.
- Demand Draft of requisite amount in favor of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF foreign trade payable at NEW DELHI. it is mandatory for candidates to write down their name and address on the back of the demand Draft.
- Applicants belonging to SC/ ST/ PH/ OBC categories need to attach requisite self-attested category certificate.
- Adhesive stickers/ name slips (not the envelope) stating your address for sending the brochure and application form.
Cut-Off of the IIFT exam is given here:
|Verbal Section and Reading Comprehension||9.67||31|
|Logical Ability Data Interpretation|| 8 ||36.5|
Documents to be Carried
Important documents that are required for the examination are as follows:
- Admit Card: Applicants are required to carry IIFT examination Admit Card which is dispatched by post from the institute. Applicants who do not receive their admit card must download the same from the official website. The printout of the admit card must be taken.
- Id proof: The applicants must carry an identification proof along with the Admit Card to enter the examination center. The following documents need to be carried as well: Election I-card, driving License, PAN Card, college I-card or Passport.
- Stationery: A candidate must not forget to carry stationery items such as pencil and eraser and a thorough test should be done to ensure that a candidate does not forget any item.
- Personal: Bags or things should not be carried as they can't be kept safe in the test center. The applicants must avoid carrying any expensive item along with them to avoid any mistake or mishap.
- Money: Extra money just in case of an emergency while commuting to the examination might come very handy for a candidate which a candidate must take care of.
The eligibility criteria of IIFT exam, that will help an applicant to know about the eligibility of IIFT exam, they are as follows:
- Candidates need to possess a three year Bachelor degree from a recognized institute.
- Applicants in their final year of undergraduate can also apply for the examination. Certifications of their last semester must be submitted to prove that they would be graduating in the current year.
- As per IIFT Eligibility criteria, no age restrict exists for applicants such that candidate of any age can take up the examination.Should be residents outside India for a duration of not lower than 18 months and be outside the country at the time of the IIFT Examination window.
- Indian Nationals who're living, working, studying abroad should produce with the application a certificate from the Indian Embassy/Consulate/High Commission where the candidate would be based, with a statement that the candidate has resided in that country for a period now low than 18 months.
- Foreign Nationals in possession of a valid passport or equivalent travel document from a country apart from India.
- Foreign Nationals present in the country (India) at the time of giving IIFT Entrance examination should be taking the same.
- A production of Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score should be received by IIFT not later than.
- NRI Sponsored and related to the NRI would not be considered here.
- The admission of the candidates under this method is based on GMAT score and an interview procedure. The candidates who get in the short list would be undergoing a Personal Interview at the IIFT Campus.
Exam Pattern of the IIFT exam contains four section that are(Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness). The time given for the IIFT exam and more details are given below:
|Section||Question||Time Alloted for Each Question||Marks Obtained|
|Quantitative Ability||20||10 Second||20|
|Verbal Ability||36||10 second||31|
|Logical Reasoning||42||10 Second||36.5|
|General Awareness||25||10 Second||12.5|
Ques: In which mode exam is going to be conducted?
Ans: The exam will be held in pen-paper/offline mode.
Ques: How many seats are there in IIFT campuses?
Ans: There are 220 seats in Delhi campus and 140 seats in Kolkata campus.
Ques: What is the IIFT 2018 selection procedure?
Ans: The institute follows three-stage process. First candidates have to appear for written test comprising followed by Writing Skills Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview.
Ques: When is the IIFT entrance exam?
Ans: The exam will be held on December. The duration of examination is 2 hours 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. The Writing Skills Assessment, Group Discussion and Interview will be held in January/February.
Ques. What is the specialization programme of IIFT?
Ans. The beginning year is divided into three semesters which deal with basic functional management study and the last semester teaches international aspects of basic functional management. Students choose their respective field of study for specialization in marketing, trading, finance etc.
Important dates for IIFT exam are given here:
|IIFT 2019 Registration||Fourth week of July |
|Deadline for receipt of Application||Second week of September |
|Admit Card of IIFT 2019|| Second week of November |
|IIFT entrance exam||First week of December |
|IIFT 2019 Result ||Fourth week of December|
|Final Results - list of selected candidates||April |
There are total intake of 220 seats at:-
- IIFT Delhi campus
- IIFT Kolkata campus
Selection Procedure of IIFT exam is given below:
- Written Test: The applicants would be called for a written test as decided by the institute.
- Essay Writing: Applicants would be asked to write an essay or answer comprehensions as per the ability of the applicant to see his command over the language usage and grammar.
- Group Discussion: Applicants who get shortlisted can appear for the Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Applicant verbal communication would be assesed and his motivation for pursuing MBA would be questioned.
These are some reference books for IIFT exam:
- Ace the IIFT - IMS Publisher
- IIFT Indian Institute of Foreign TradeEntrance Examination: 10 Mock Tests - Expert Compilations (Arihant)
- NIFT/NID/IIFT Entrance Exam Guide -1st Edition - Surendra Kavimandan (Ramesh Publishing House)
- IIFT Indian Institute of Foreign Trade - Gautam Puri (G.K. Publications)
- Study Package for NIFT / NID / IIFT Entrance Examinations - Dharmendra Mittal (Arihant)
Syllabus for IIFT exam are given below:
Quadratic and linear equations
Algebra, Profit & Loss, Averages
Tim e -Speed-Distance
Work and time
Number Base System
Pipes and Cisterns
Simple Interest & Compound Interest,
Permutations & Combinations
Maxim a & Minima
Surds & Indices
Data Interpretation based on text,
Assertion and reasons
Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram
Statements and assumptions
Identifying valid inference s
Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments,
Statements and conclusions
Cause and Effect,
Symbol Based problem
Coding and decoding
identifying next number in series
|General Knowledge & Awareness|
Punch line of companies
Top officials of big companies
Major corporate events
Famous award and prizes
Books and authors
Comprehension of passage
Filling the Blanks
Foreign language words use d in English,
odd man out
one word substitution
Different usage of same word etc.
The list of cities where the offline mode of exam is going to take place:
|Test Centers for IIFT|