JIPMER, Puducherry is under government of India since the year 1956 and is one of the primary medical institutes in India. It is spread over a sprawling 195-acre campus in Pondicherry. JIPMER Admission is be managed via Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate medical education and research, Puducherry. JIPMER MBBS Exam is a stand alone medical entrance examination that is conducted to determine MBBS Admissions.
The Application Fees structure for the exam of JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research) is given below:
- application fee of INR 1200 for applicant belonging to General/OBC/P -UR/P-OBC Category.
- INR 1000 for reserved category applicant.
- NRI/OCI applicants would be INR 2500.
The details regarding the Application Procedure for the exam of JIPMER are mentioned below:
- The applicant wishing to apply on the relevant application link.
- Incomplete application forms would be completely rejected.
- For the initial step, the applicant would have to enter details, qualifications, and address for regular correspondence. Their personal details such Date of birth, Name of parents, nationality, gender, and full name would have to be given.
- The applicant would be allowed to select a maximum of 3 exam centers from the list given.
- The digital photograph and signature should be uploaded in the format and size required. The photo must be taken with a placard representing the name of the applicant and the date when the photograph is taken.
- The photograph should be a colored one.
- Applicants should upload their digital signature of 80*35 mm taken on a paper with a black ball pen. The size of the image should be between 20-200 KB.
- After filling all the necessary details, candidates must submit the application form. Applicants may click on the preview button to check all the details mentioned in the application form. Once the form is submitted, applicants would not be able to edit the same in any circumstance.
- Applicants would finally be clicking "I agree'' tab to finally submit the form.
Category wise Cut Off of JIPMER MBBS is given below:
|Category||Minimum Percentile Required|
|General (UR)/ OCI/ NRI||50th Percentile|
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40th Percentile|
Documents to be Carried
The applicant appearing for allotment for JIPMER, by personal appearance should bring the following documents in original along with an attested copy of the documents for verification, without which they shall not be allowed to participate in the allotment process.
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Age Certificate showing the date of birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure along with last three years Income Tax returns of the parents.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Four Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- Original Hall Ticket issued by this Institute.
- One set of attested photocopies of all the original certificates.
All the Class 12th students are eligible to apply for JIPMER. Applicant should be a minimum of 17 years of age to apply for JIPMER. The other essential eligibility criteria had been discussed underneath:
- JIPMER MBBS qualification criteria express that the candidate more likely than not finished or should finish no less than 17 years latest by December.
- There is no upper age limit for JIPMER MBBS.
- Applicants should take note of that, according to JIPMER MBBS qualification criteria, no relaxation in the age limit will be given under any conditions to any applicants, independent of his/her classification.
- Applicants of JIPMER MBBS probably passed the qualifying examination, i.e. 10+2, from a Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or comparable.
- Applicant probably passed 10+2 in subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology (PCB) and English as primary subjects.
- Applicant of JIPMER MBBS must have passed every one of the subjects of 10+2 independently, including PCB and English.
- Applicant belonging to 'general' class more likely than not scored no less than half, those having a place with 'SC/ST/OBC' probably scored no less than 40% and those having a place with 'general-OPH' more likely than not scored 45%, in PCB in total at 10+2 level.
The Exam pattern of the exam of JIPMER is given here:
- Mode of JIPMER MBBS Exam: On the web, Computer Based Exam (CBT)
- Duration of Exam: 2.5 hours (150 minutes)
- Shifts and Exam Timings: Two Shifts, Morning: 10:00 A.M. to 12:30 P.M., Evening: 3:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- The language of JIPMER MBBS: Question Paper - English
- Total number of questions:200
- The pattern of Questions: MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Marking Scheme: +4 for Correct Response, NO Negative Marking.
|Logic and Quantitative reasoning||10|
|English and Comprehension||10|
Q. What is the scoring rule for negative marking?
Ans. Every correct response would be awarded 1 mark. zero marks would be awarded to any question with a negative response. There is no negative marking for JIPMER.
Q. In which mode is JIPMER conducted?
Ans. JIPMER would be conducted by way of Computer Based Test.
Q. Where should the application form be submitted?
Ans. The application form would be submitted on the official website portal.
Q. What is the eligibility for JIPMER MBBS?
Ans. The Candidate should be an Indian national. The applicants should have completed 17 years of their age as on or before the 31st December of examination year. The applicants should have qualified the 10+2/Senior Secondary or its corresponding examination from a recognized board or university with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as major subjects.
Q. What is the scoring pattern & rule for negative marks?
Each answer with correct response shall be awarded ONE mark. ZERO marks will be given for the question NOT answered. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
Q. What is the mode of examination for JIPMER Entrance?
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination will be conducted through CBT (Computer Based Test) i.e. online exam only.
Q. Where should I submit The JIPMER MBBS application form?
Ans. You will be able to submit the application form through online mode only at the institute’s portal www.jipmer.edu.in
The important dates related to JIPMER Exam are as follows:
Online registration begins
March 6, 2019 (Wednesday)
Last date to register for JIPMER 2019
April 12, 2019 (Tuesday)
The release of JIPMER admit card 2019
Third week of May 2019*
Online Entrance Exam of JIPMER 2019
June 2, 2019 (Sunday)
Publication of JIPMER Merit Lists 2019 and Result Declaration
Second week of June 2019*
Downloading of Rank Letters
Second week of June 2019*
|First Counselling ||June 26 to June 28, 2019|
Commencement of MBBS Classes
July 1, 2019 (Monday)
July 24, 2019 (Wednesday)
August 21, 2019 (Wednesday)
Final or Open Counselling
September 26, 2019 (Thursday)
The closing of JIPMER MBBS Admissions
September 30, 2019 (Monday)
The intakes related to JIPMER Exam are given in detail here:
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal|
|Other Backward Classes||28||10|
|Scheduled Caste||16|| 6|
|Scheduled Tribe||11|| 4|
|NRI/OCI|| 5|| 1|
There are various study materials available for the Exam of JIPMER. Some of which are given below:
- JPNP Objective Physics - Sanjeev Gupta
- JPNP Objective Subjective Zoology for Medical Entrance - Dr. S. P. Kurl
- Pragati Mega Study Package Objective Botany - M. U. Charaya
- Pradeep Objective Chemistry - S. N. Dhawan, S. C. Kheterpal & J. R. Mehta
- Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT -Agarwal
- NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2
- Prakash Objective Botany -Dr. Naresh Kumar & Mrs. Jaishree Malik
- G. R. Bathla Objective Chemistry - Dr. Prakash Bahadur
- G. R. B. Objective Physics - Dr. Pramod Agarwal
- NCERT- Biology Part 1 and Part 2
- Objective Physics: For Medical & Engineering Entrance Exam - Mahesh Jain
- Biology Medical Entrance Previous Years' Questions with Solutions - Sudhakar Banarjee
JIPMER exam syllabus contains subjects like(Chemistry, Physics, English Language, Biology) Applicant should learn this syllabus before applying for JIPMER Exam:
ChemistryOrganic Compounds containing Nitrogen
Isolation of Elements
aldehyde, Ketone and Carboxylic Acids
D- and F-Block Elements
Chemistry in Everyday Life
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
PhysicsMagnetic effect of current & Magnetism
Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
Dual Nature of Matter
Atoms & Nuclei
BiologyBiology and Human Welfare
Diversity of Living Organisms
Cell Structure and Function
Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
Ecology and Environment
Genetics and Evolution
EnglishSection A: Reading passages and making notes
Section B: Writing
Section C: Literature and Text
The various Test Centres for the Exam of JIPMER are given below:
|Test Center for JIPMER|