Karnataka Management Aptitude Test is directed by the Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA). It is an all India level management entrance test. Through this exam, applicants will get admission to the AICTE affirmed MBA/PGDM/MCA courses. These courses are given by the in excess of 169+ AICTE-approved University (partnered B-Schools) in Bangalore and Karnataka.
KMAT Kerala 2018 is a pen-paper based or offline paper comprising 180 questions. The state-level management examination is conducted twice a year i.e. in February and June. The paper pattern for both the session remains almost same, leaving the questions asked.
Fees structure of KMAT exam is given here:-
- Karnataka exam application fee- Rs. 800/-
This is the procedure to apply for KMAT exam:-
- Applicants can fill the KMAT Application Form through online mode.
- The application form will be provided in the month of June.
- Applicants can fill the application till the last week of June.
- After the submission of the online application and payment, applicants will get a unique ID on the registered email id.
- Take a print copy of the filled application form future use.
The cut off marks are released by participating institutes individually. This list includes the minimum marks to be secured by the candidates to become eligible for admission. Only those who satisfy the cut off requirements are scheduled for further admission rounds.
Documents to be Carried
Documents that you need to take with you to examination hall:-
- Original mark sheets
- Caste Certificate
- Exam score card
- Passport size photograph
Eligibility criteria of KMAT Exam are given here:-
- The minimum age required for admissions to the postgraduate program through KMAT is 21 years. There is no specific upper age limit to apply for the course
- Applicants in their final year of Bachelor’s degree can also apply for KMAT.
- Such applicant should have completed their Bachelor’s degree with before the time of KMAT Admission.
- Applicants must have secured percentage equal to or more than minimum requisite percentage as per their exam and their category.
- In case an applicant is unable to produce necessary documents supporting their claim of completion of a Bachelor’s degree, they will be removed from the process thereafter.
Eligibility for KMAT MBA/ PGDM
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years duration, and should have secured at least 50% in aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidate). Masters degree in any recognized education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering/ Technology or equivalent, and should have secured at least 50% in aggregate (45% for SC/ST applicant).
- Applicants in their final year of Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply.
Eligibility for KMAT MCA
- Applicants applying for MCA Program, they should have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level or at the graduation level.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years duration, and should have secured at least 50% in aggregate
|MBA & MCA Exam Pattern|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40|
Pattern of the exam is explained below:-
- The exam will be organized through offline mode (pen paper-based test).
- The question paper will be comprised of objective type questions divided into three sections.
- No. of Questions: Total 120 question will come in the examination.
- The exam duration will be 2 hours.
- One mark will be allotted for correct answer.
- No mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
Q. What is the scoring pattern in KMAT?
Ans. Every correct answer in KMAT exam will be awarded +1 marks. No Negative Marking. Net scores with Percentile will be displayed in the scorecard.
Q. After registering, for any reason, if I am not able to take the exam, can I get a refund of exam fee?
Ans. The exam fee is non-refundable unless paid twice for the same course.
Q. What is the mode of KMAT Test?
Ans. KMAT is a paper pencil based conventional test.
Q. What are the test dates and test timings for KMAT?
Ans. Applicants are required to report 1 hour before the scheduled start time of the test for the verification & security check.
Q. What are the important documents to be brought at the KMAT Test venue?
Ans. Candidates should carry the following to the test venue
- Admit Card duly completed with photograph and your valid photo ID proof
- Black & Blue ballpoint pen; HB Pencils, Eraser, and Sharpener.
These are the important dates of KMAT exam:-
|Important dates |
|The release of KMAT online Application||June |
|Deadline for submission of KMAT Application||July |
|Issue date of KMAT Admit Card/Hall ticket||August|
|Date of KMAT exam||August|
There are some numbers of intakes of this exam:-
- Number of Seats - 110,000
Procedure of the selection will be like this:-
- On the basis of the marks secure by the applicants in the examination, participating institutions will shortlist the applicants.
- The admission procedure will vary from college to college. Some of the colleges will conduct the interview & group discussion round for admission.
There are some reference books given below:-
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning -RS Agarwal
- General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning by S.Thorpe
- Reasoning by P.K Mittal
- Objective English for Competitive exams by Hari Prasad and Uma Sinha
- Objective English by Thorpe
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Aggarwal
- Quantitative Ability by P.K Mittal
- Quicker Maths
Syllabus for KMAT is divided in four section(Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Logical and Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, General Knowledge). Topics covered under each sections are as follows:
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension|
Comprehension of passages
|Logical and Abstract Reasoning|
Ratio & Proportion
Time & Speed
Interpretation of tables
Common graphs & charts
Current Affairs of National
Personalities in News
The list of cities where the offline mode of KMAT exam is going to take place: