Maharashtra Common Entrance Test law is a national level common entrance exam conducted via Director of higher education, Maharashtra to shortlist applicants for admission in law programs given in the state. Based on a competitor's general execution in MH CET law examination, applicants can secure admission in BA LLB (5 years integrated course) and LLB (3 years) programmes provided in law colleges of Maharashtra state. This exam is also recognized as Maharashtra law CET.
All the information about the fees structure is given here:
- The application fee is Rs. 800/- for general category.
- For reserved categories it should be Rs 400/-
- The fee payment can be done by online mode through internet payment/net banking/credit card/debit card/IMPS/Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
Procedure to apply for MHT CET(Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) Exam is given in detail below:
- The application form is available only through online mode.
- Enter all the required details such as personal, academic etc.
- Applicants need to pay the application fee through online mode.
- Applicants have to upload the scanned photograph and signature.
Courses Under Exam
Cut off of the MHT CET is given here as follows:
|MHT CET Law Participating colleges||MHT CET Law Cutoff |
|Government Law College, Mumbai||130-145|
|Dr. Ambedkar College of Law, Mumbai||100-135|
|GJ Advani Law College, Mumbai||100-140|
|Indian Law Society Law College, Pune||110-145|
|KC Law College, Mumbai||100-130|
|Manikchand Pahade Law College, Mumbai||55-85|
|New Law College, Mumbai||110-140|
|Shankar Rao Chavan Law College, Pune||95-135|
|Shri Shivaji Maratha Law College, Pune||95-125|
|St. Wilfred's College of Law, Mumbai||85-120|
|Vidya Prasarak Mandal TMC Law College, Thane||100-130|
Documents to be Carried
All applicants should carefully read the list of required documents at the time of appearing for the MHT CET Counselling. All eligible applicants are requested to read the list of documents carefully and bring all mentioned documents.
- SSC (Class X) mark sheet.
- HSC/Diploma(Class XII or Equivalent)
- Qualifying Examination mark sheet.
- MHT CET mark Sheet/Score Card.
- School Leaving Certificate, if required to substantiate the claim.
- Certificate of the Indian Nationality
There are some conditions which are decided by MHT CET exam conducting authority to be eligible for admission. The eligibility criteria for attending the MHT CET exam:
- An applicant should be an Indian national.
- Aspirants must have the domicile of Maharashtra state.
- There is no maximum age limit for 5-year integrated law and 3-year law programme.
LLB (5years) course
- Applicant should have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board.
- Applicants should have 45% in the qualifying exam and 40% for reserved categories.
LLB (3years) course
- Applicants should have the graduation or post graduation degree from any recognized institution in any stream.
- Aspirants should have 45% in the qualifying exam and 40% for reserved categories.
Pattern of Maharashtra Common Entrance Test exam about the duration, marking of answers, negetive marking is in detail given below:-
- The exam will be conducted in online mode in multiple sessions.
- Exam question paper will be consists of Objective Type Questions.
- There will be no provision of negative marking.
- The time will be given is two hours.
- The question paper will be conduct in English and in Marathi language.
|Subjects||No. of Question (for LLB 5 yr)||No. of Question (for LLB 3 yr)||Marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||40||30||1|
|General Knowledge with current affairs||30||40||1|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||40||30||1|
Q.1. What is the language of MHT CET question paper?
Ans. Applicants can choose English or Marathi or Urdu for Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects while Mathematics paper will be in English language only.
(Note: Once the student selects any of the above-mentioned languages, she/he cannot change it later on.)
Q.2. Is there any negative marking for wrong answers?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking for any wrong answer.
Q.3. Can I request to change my examination center?
Ans. No, the examination center once allotted, cannot be changed under any circumstances.
These are the important dates of the MHT CET exam:
|Commencement of online registration||January 1, 2019|
|Last date to register for MHT CET 2019||March 31, 2019|
|Online Registration and confirmation of online application submission with late fee of Rs. 500||Fourth week of March 2019|
|Release of admit card||Fourth week of April 2019|
|MHT CET 2019||May 2 to 13, 2019 (tentative)|
|Release of provisional answer keys||Fourth week of May 2019|
|Last date to submit objections on question paper/answer key||Fourth week of May 2019|
|Availability of OMR answer sheets on the official website||Fourth week of May 2019|
|Announcement of Result||First week of June 2019|
|Start of MHT CET 2019 counseling||Second week of June 2019|
Intakes divided according to their institutions are as follows:
Government Institutions, Government Aided Institutions, Government Aided Minority Institutions & University Department/Course (Government Aided):
|Maharashtra State Applicants||85%|
|All India Seats||10%|
|Quota for NRI, OCI, PIO, Foreign Applicant||5%|
Applicants who qualify the MHT CET law examination or university level examination, they have to appear in the counseling procedure for seat allotment. The counseling will be conducted via the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) in online mode. The seat will be allotted on the basis of the performance in the entrance examination & seat availability. the selection of applicants via direct admission will be based on the merit list & university norms. applicants need to fill the admission form for direct admission.
There are some reference books are given here for the preparation of MHT CET exam:
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and General Mental Ability for Civil Services Preliminary Examination
- Objective General English
- General English for All Competitive Examinations (Old Edition)
- Quickest Mathematics: Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Ability Useful for all Competitive Exams
- S. Chand's Basic Mathematics
The applicants should focus on the officially given syllabus, MHT CET exam syllabus contains subjects like(Legal Aptitude & Legal Reasoning, GK and Current Affairs, English, Mathematical Aptitude) Applicant should learn this syllabus before applying for MHT CET Exam, Subjects comes under the syllabus given below:
Legal Aptitude & Legal ReasoningArrangements
GK and Current AffairsHistory
Synonyms and Antonyms
Choosing correct words
Idioms and phrases
Jumble words and sentences
Fill in the blank
Mathematical AptitudeSpeed and Distance
Profit and Loss
Time and Work
There are few exam centers where MHT CET Exam will be held:
- Mumbai suburban