Manipal University Online Entrance Test is a university level undergraduate engineering entrance exam. Manipal University conducts its own online entrance exam to offer admissions to candidates in the programmes that it has on offer. Applicants can secure admissions in courses provided at Manipal University on the basis of their rank/score in Manipal University Online Entrance Test. Officials share that AIEEE/JEE or any other entrance exam scores will not be valid for Manipal University Admissions.
The Application Fee structure of the exam:
|Particulars||Fee (in Rs.)|
|Application Fee||Rs. 600|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 1400|
This procedure will help you to apply:
- Go to the online application page of Manipal University.
- Fill up the required details.
- Upload your photograph and signature.
- Pay the application fee to be paid online through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- The details should be filled up in the online application form and the Demand Draft must be couriered to the following address:
Director, Indian Admissions,
Room No. 102,
Manipal - 576 104
The cut off's of the institute are given here:
|Course Name||Closing Rank|
|Electronics and Computer Engineering||4820|
|Computer Science Engineering||1893|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||7433|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||4954|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||18405|
|Industrial and Production Engineering||16236|
Documents to be Carried
Necessary documents that you have to keep for this exam are as follows:
- MUOET Admit Card
- Demand Draft of Counselling Registration and Course Fees
- Aadhaar Card
- 10th Standard Mark Sheet as Proof of Date of Birth
- 12th Standard Mark Sheet
- Certificate of Conduct/Character issued by School/College
- Transfer Certificate issued by School/College
- Copy of the Parent’s PAN Card
- Two Recent and Identical Passport Size Photograph and One Stamp Size Photograph
The eligibility criteria for this examination is given below:
- The Applicants must have successfully completed their 10+2 (or equivalent) examination. 50% marks should have been secured in Physics and Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects in 10+2 or A level or IB or American 12th grade or equivalent.
- Applicants must have compulsorily studied Physics, Mathematics, and English. Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology or any technical vocational subject should be optional subjects.
The pattern of the exam is explained below:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|English & General Aptitude||30||30|
- Mode of Examination - Online (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of Examination - 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes)
- Type of Questions - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) or Objective Questions
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to this exam are given below:
Q. Is there negative marking for MU OET?
A. There was no negative marking in MU OET.
Q. What is the difficulty level of the MU OET exam?
A. The difficulty level of MU OET was at par with 10+2 Board/Universities.
Q. What is the marking scheme for MU OET?
A. As per MU OET 2018 marking scheme, each question carried 1 mark. There was no negative marking.
Q. How to prepare for MU OET in the last months?
A. In the last few months of preparation, the candidate must:
- Not take up too many new topics
- Plug the gaps where they exist
- Solve sample and previous years’ question papers
- Do revision
- Stay and eat healthily
- Don’t create too much expectation
Q. Are there offline applications mode available?
A. No. The application form can be filled in online mode only.
Q. I missed the last date for sending my application. Can I still apply for this?
A. No, we do not accept any applications after the last date of submission.
Q. Can I apply for admission before I have the result for my qualifying examination?
A. Yes, you can begin your application process before you get your final result.
- The courses in which admissions are based on scores, you have to submit the scores for the qualifying examination on or before the last date.
- For other courses, you have to submit only the proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of counseling/ admission.
Q. Can I apply to more than one course in a single application?
A. If the courses you have opted for fall in the same group, then state your choices in one single application form.
If you want courses in different groups, then you will need to fill out separate applications.
These are some study materials for the syllabus:
- Solved Papers and Mock Tests for Manipal UGET (MAHE) Engineering, Arihant Experts, Arihant Publication
- Solved Papers and 5 Mock Tests for Manipal UGET (MAHE) Engineering, Arihant Experts, Arihant Publication
The topic that comes under the syllabus for this exam is as follows:
- Geometrical Optics
- Physical Optics
- Current Electricity
- Atomic Physics
- Atomic Structure
- Periodic Properties
- Oxidation Number
- Gaseous State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Organic Compounds with oxygen-2, amines
- Hydrocarbons – 2
- Coordination Compounds
- Chemical Bonding – 2
- Chemical Thermodynamics – 2
- Solid State
- Organic Chemistry
- Isomerism – 2
- Oils and Fats
- Amino Acids and Proteins
- Metallurgy – 2
- Industrially Important Compounds
- Elements of Number Theory
- Group Theory
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical Geometry
- Conic Sections (Analytical Geometry)
- Questions on general English like the spotting of errors
- Sentence improvement
- Vocabulary and more.
These are the several exam centers for this exam:
- Port Blair