National Talent Search Examination is an all India level examination directed via National Council of Education Research and Training that fills in as a scholarship for understudies. Understudies studying in Class 10th are qualified to show up for the exam. Scholarship under the present plan rewarded to the applicants for pursuing courses in science and social science up to doctoral level and in professional courses like medicine and engineering up to second-degree level.
Application Form fees details are as follows:
- States and Union may notify the fee required which will be paid for the Stage-I examination.
- However, NCERT does not charge any fee for the Stage-II examination.
There are procedure given to apply for the NTSE exam:-
- Applicants can register in either on the online or offline mode. The application form will be disseminated independently by various states. The last date of application additionally fluctuates from state to state.
- To apply online, visit the official site of NTSE, enter subtle details and pay the application fee. To apply offline, candidates can get the printed application form from the office of the exam.
- The application form will be quickly downloaded in a pdf record.
- When you acquire NTSE 2018 Application Form in printed form, fill in the required points of interest carefully.
- The data relating to the applicant's close to home points of interest, scholarly subtle elements and contact points of interest should be entered.
- Applicants ought not to send the application form to NCERT. They ought to send it to the address endorsed by the State/UT contact officer.
- Get the application form marked by the leader of the foundation in the wake of filling it.
- Applicants don't need to fill the 4-digit center code in the application form. It will be filled by the contact officer.
- Applicants are encouraged to elude the application form distributed by the UTs/States for standing class reservation.
- The Application Fee payment is required to be made.
- Indian students who are contemplating abroad need to fill the application form and send to NCERT alongside their mark sheet of Class 9th examination by March for thought.
- Indian students who are contemplating abroad should say in the covering letter the name of the State/UT where they need to show up for NTSE examination.
NTSE 2017 Subject wise cutoff is given in detailed below:-
|Paper||Maximum Marks||General (%)||SC/ST/PH (%)|
|MAT|| 49||20-25(40%)||15-20 (35%)|
|Language Test||50||20-25(40%)||15-20 (35%)|
|Language Test (Hindi)||50||20-25(40%)||15-20 (35%)|
|SAT||96||35-40 (40%)||30-35 (35%)|
|Total||145 ||55-60 (40%) ||50-55(35%)|
Eligibility criteria are divided by stage I & stage II, That is given in detail below:-
NTSE Stage-I is conducted via State/UT bodies. Just Indian students are qualified to show up at this level.
- They are required to have acquired 60% marks in their Class 9th, in the last scholarly year.
- Applicants must investigate in a perceived school in the individual State or Union Territory.
- The SC, ST, and PH classification applicants get an unwinding of 5% and the greatest score they more likely than not get in their Class 9th is 55% marks.
- Students enlisted under Open Distance Learning (ODL) are additionally viewed as qualified for the grant examination, on the off chance that he/she is beneath the age of 18 years and isn't utilized while showing up for Class 10th exam.
Eligibility for stage II is:-
- Students, securing 80% marks or above in the State level exam, are qualified for the Stage-II to be held by NCERT at National level.
- Around 4000 students are shortlisted for the National level NTSE the nation over.
- Every one of the students, who secure the minimum marks at Stage-II, are qualified for the grant program.
- All the qualified students, who wish to show up in the grant program, are required to enlist for the same. After the investigation of the applications, just qualified applicants are permitted to show up in the exam.
Exam Pattern is divided into two stages that are given below:-
This is the exam pattern of stage one:-
|Paper||Question Count||Total Marks||Duration|
|SAT Maths Science and Social Science||100||100||90|
The second stage of NTSE would be held at a national level. In the Stage 2 Exam, applicants shortlisted at Stage 1 would be appearing to compete for scholarships.
- The NTSE Stage 2 Exam Pattern states that in this stage as well, the paper would be divided into two parts -
- MAT and SAT. There would be negative marking for every wrong answer given.
- The duration of Stage 2 would be for 135 minutes.
Question: Where will I get the application form?
Ans. NTSE Application Form will be accessible on the official site of NCERT. Applicants can likewise acquire the application form from the State/UT Liaison officer.
Question: I have a place in OBC class. Would I be able to apply?
Ans. Yes. You can apply. Be that as it may, candidates are encouraged to fill the application form for rank class reservation. A few alternatives of class, for example, OBC given in the application form are material just for the separate State/UT.
Question: Is my photo required while filling the application form?
Ans. Yes. You need to glue a current photo of yours in the space given in the application form.
Question: When is the due date for application form accommodation?
Ans. The last date for submitting the NTSE Application Form differs from state to state. Applicants will be advised of the due date by the individual State/UT.
This are the important dates of NTSE exam:-
|NTSE 2019 Stage 1 Exam Date:||November 5,6 and 13, 2018|
|NTSE 2019 Stage 1 Result:||January 2019|
|NTSE 2019 Stage 2 Exam Date:||May 12, 2019|
|NTSE 2019 Stage 2 Result:||23 August 2019 (Tentative)|
There are some stages for the selection procedure:-
- NTSE the selection of applicants will be built just with on the premise of the scores accomplished in the last national level test. The NTSE selection procedure is laid via the official exam leading body, which is NCERT.
- NCERT chooses just those applicants who've successfully accomplished the required score in the last phase of the exam and provide grants relying upon the legitimacy. Applicants can check the NTSE selection manner here at this web page.
- National talent search exam or NTSE is an examination and an exam for scholarships. The NTSE selection technique is a -phase determination process for granting scholarships to students. At stage-I, determination is done at state or UT level via a composed examination. Subsequent to qualifying stage-I a student shows up for stage-II, which is led via NCERT at national level. Every candidate who scores the required number of marks at stage-II is certified for the scholarship program.
There are some reference books and videos for NTSE exam:-
BooksArihant Complete Study Package
Allen dlp for NTSE
Test Series by Allen and MyPAT
19 Solved Practice papers for NTSE
Mental Ability for Stage 1 for NTSE
Verbal and Non- verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
NCERT Text Books
VideoUniform quality of lectures
Studying at your own pace and comfort
Easy to use
Pause and Resume at their own pace
Theoretical and Application based learning
Study and Practice Material
Saves travelling time
Efficiently prepared material
These topics come under syllabus that you have to learn about:-
- History: Russian and French Revolution, Nazi and Hitler, Indian Nationalism, Indo Chinese Revolution
- Geography: Indian Location, Food, Drainage in India, Maps, World Important basins
- Political Science: Indian Elections, Constitution of History and India, Constitution of South Africa
- Economics: Problems from Economic Growth, Per Capita Income, Food Security
- Biology: Knowledge up to Grade 10
- Mathematics: Knowledge up to Grade 10
- Chemistry: Chemicals and Metals, Periodic table properties
The list of cities where the online mode of NTSE exam is going to take place:
|Test Centers for NTSE Exam|