This is a test for admission of B.Tech programmes in non-public and government engineering colleges in Odisha. OJEEB will conduct OJEE counseling registration for JEE primary qualified candidates tentatively in the second week of June. The registration cum counseling procedure for OJEE includes choice filling and payment of counseling price. It is advisable to fill as many choices you can to have maximum chances of admission or being offered a preffered seat. After filling of alternatives, a mock seat allotment result will be announced, based on which applicants could make changes before locking them a temporary allotment of seats for JEE main applicants will start tentatively in the first week of July.
The application fee for male and female of all categories is:
- Rs. 450 for each application.
The application procedure for this exam is as follows:
- The candidate needs to log-in to the newly created account to deposit the counseling fee through online mode.
- JEE Main Roll Number and the password will be required to be entered by the candidates to log in for registration, editing in OJEE Application Form or for any other purpose.
- Candidates must cross-check their personal data for discrepancies after logging in.
- In case of any discrepancy found, it must be informed to OJEE office or to the nodal officers at nodal centers during the document verification.
- It is must to rectify the discrepancies as wrong information may lead to cancellation of allotted seat.
Courses Under Exam
The name of courses that can be applied for under this exam are:
- B.PharmIntegrated MBA Integrated MBA exam
- LE – MCA
- B.Sc. (Lateral Entry)
- B.Tech (Second Year Lateral Entry)
- B.Pharm (Lateral Entry)
The expected cut-off's for OJEE for the year is as follows:
- The minimal score candidate needs to score in JEE main or special OJEE to be in contention for a B.Tech seat.
- The cutoff of OJEE will be determined via admission authorities based on a number of factors like the number of applications received for admission, the number of seats available and previous year's cutoff trends applicants who score the OJEE cutoff will be invited for counseling as per their merit rank.
Documents to be Carried
The following are the documents to be carried for OJEE:
- Class X, XII Mark Sheet, and pass certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- JEE Main Rank Card
- Green Card issued by the Family Welfare Department of Odisha
- Certificate in support of NRI
- Domicile Certificate
- Class X certificate showing the date of birth
- Caste certificate
- Certificate of Indian Nationality/Indian Passport
- Defense Service Certificate
- Caste Validity Certificate
- Non Creamy Layer authentication
- JEE Main online enrollment slip
- Any other as specified in the plan
The eligibility criterion for this exam is given below:
Passed or appearing in 10+2 exam of CHSE, Odisha or equivalent with Physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects together with one of the subjects from Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Electronics/ Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Geology/ Statistics. The applicant must have passed individual subject and should have obtained as a minimum 45% marks in the above subjects taken together.
The information of exam pattern for OJEE is provided below:
|Question Paper Name||Question Count||Time of Examination|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||45*4 = 180 Questions||3 hours duration - 1 booklet|
|Lateral Entry - B.Tech||120 questions||2 hours duration|
|LE Pharma||60 questions from D Pharm||1 hour duration|
|LE BSc +3 Sc||60 questions||1 hour duration|
|MCA||120 Questions||2 hours duration|
|LE-MCA||120 Questions||2 hours duration|
|MBA||120 Questions||2 hours duration|
|Integrated MBA||60 questions||1 hour duration|
|M.Tech, M.Arc||90 questions||2 hours duration|
|M.Pharm||60 questions||1 hour duration|
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to this exam are given below:
Q. How do I register for OJEE examination?
A. You can register for this exam only through online mode.
Q. Can I get lateral entry to the B.Arch program?
A. As per the Council of Architecture (COA) norms, there is no provision for lateral entry admission to the B.Arch.
Q. If I do not sit for the exam, can I get the refund of application fee?
A. The application fee once paid is non-refundable at any situation.
Q. What is the syllabus of M.Tech / M.Arch?
A. There will be 90 questions out of which 30 questions will be based on the general branch (20 on Engineering Mathematics and 10 Analytical and Logical Reasoning). Remaining 60 questions will be based on the stream selected by the student. Duration of the OJEE for M.Tech and M.Arch will be two hours.
Q. Am I required to send the printed application form to the authority?
Q. I want to pursue my masters, what are the courses that I can apply through OJEE?
A. You can apply for following courses through OJEE:
Q. From where we can download the OJEE admit card?
A. OJEE admit card can be downloaded from the official website. Candidates can download it by entering Registration Number and Date of Birth.
Q. Is there any negative marking in OJEE?
A. Yes, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt.
The selection procedure for this exam is as follows:
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the merit or rank followed via counseling rounds.
- The original documents of yours will be verified via the authorities.
- The attested copies of the files, which includes mark sheets, certificates etc. will be sent to the University of Odisha.
- Candidates will be selected via the counseling procedure will need to take admission separately in the institutes.
Their are many study materials available related to this exam, some of them are given below:
- Hall & Knight – Higher Algebra
- I.A. Maron – Problems in Calculus of One Variable
- Vectors & 3-D Geometry– Arihant Prakashan
- Vectors Shanti Narayan
- V Govorov, P.Dybov, N.Miroshin, S.Smirnova.– Problems in Mathematics
- R. S. Aggarwal – Maths XI & XII
- G.N. Berman – A Problem Book in Mathematical Analysis
- Calculus J. Edward
- Arihant Organic Chemistry
- Dinesh Chemistry
- Rudiments of Chemistry- MCQC Type
- HC Verma for Physics
- NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2
This exam contains the following three subjects:
The test centers for the OJEE are as follows: