Punjab Medical Entrance Test is an Entrance exam held every year for admission to bachelor medical courses which are MBBS, BDS, BAMS and BHMS in all the therapeutic, dental, Ayurvedic/Homeopathic Institutes Institutes across Punjab. PMET courses are offered by numerous dental and medical colleges of Punjab that are government and also private schools.
This exam is a state level examination offers admission to a few undergraduate therapeutic courses to the medicinal schools in Punjab that are cooperated with this university.
The Application Fees structure for the exam of PMET(Punjab Medical Entrance Test) is given below:
- Applicants can get the prospectus by paying Rs. 200.
- The application fee is Rs. 5000 For General
- Rs. 2500 For SC
- In case of not apply in given time, applicants have to pay the application fee with late fee of Rs. 500/-.
- Applicants can pay the cash via e-challan.
- The e-challen will be generated after online submission of the application form.
Procedure to apply for PMET(Punjab Medical Entrance Test) Exam is given in detail below:
- Go to link of Punjab PMET.
- Click on Application Form.
- Fill up required data like name of the applicant, educational qualifications etc with exact information.
- Attached required and authentication files or required scanned documents.
- Choose payment mode like debit card/credit card or bank challan.
- Pay application Fee and Enter on submit.
- After a successful submission, your application form filled successfully.
- Take a print out or hard copy for further use.
Courses Under Exam
Cutoff will be decided through the authorities and on the basis of cutoff marks scored via the applicant in the exam (PMET). The list for cutoff will be released via the conducting authorities of PMET. The cutoff list will be set on the basis of how many applicants appeared in the exam.
Documents to be Carried
All applicants should carefully read the list of required documents at the time of appearing for the PMET Counselling. All eligible applicants are requested to read the list of documents carefully and bring all mentioned documents.
- Original counseling letter along with photocopy of counseling letter.
- Original Admit card along with photocopy of admit card.
- Bank draft has to be made as per the guidelines mentioned on PMET prospect.
- All the original and at least 2 photocopy of certificates of 10th & 12th class.
- Rank Card / Hall Ticket.
- Score card (if applicable).
- Original degree/provisional certificate if candidate is appearing.
- Community certificate(SC/ST/OBC/Other) signed via the authorized authority.
- Medical documents mentioned on PMET application form.
- Color and black and white 4-6 Passport size photographs.
- Other supportive documents mentioned on PMET application form.
There are some conditions which is decided by PMET exam conducting authority to be eligible for admission. The eligibility criteria for attending PMET exam:
- Applicants should be a legal resident of Punjab.
- Applicants must have completed the age of the 17 years on or before the admission year.
- Applicants have to qualify 10+2 examination or other equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually.
- They have to secure at least 50% marks (40% marks in case of the SC/BC category & 45% for Persons with Locomotor Disability of Lower Limbs) taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology.
Pattern of PMET Exam is given in detail below:
- The question paper contains 200 multiple choice questions.
- Applicants have a choice to write the exam either in English or Hindi mode.
- The duration of the entrance exam will be 3 hours.
- 4 marks will be awarded for correct answers.
- No negative marking.
- The question paper will combine of the class 11th & 12th syllabus.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
This are the important dates of PMET exam:
|Release of application|| June 2019|
|Last date for online application form submission||2nd week of July 2019|
|Last date for depositing fee|| 2nd week July 2019|
|Display of Provisional Merit List||3rd week of week July 2019|
|Online filling/submission of counselling form (1st round)||3rd week of July 2019|
|Display of result of 1st round||Last week of July 2019|
|Date of joining the allotted college|| Last week July 2019|
|Online filling/submission of counselling form (2nd round)||2nd week of August 2019|
|Display of result of 2nd round||3rd week of August 2019|
|Date of joining the allotted college||last week of August 2019|
|Physical counselling (mop up round)||last week of August 2019|
The choice of candidates will completely be based on the marks obtained in the PMET. Candidates, who don't go to this Entrance exam, will be excluded from the admission procedure. Qualified candidates will be shortlisted on merit base only and will be called for counseling after assessment.
There are some reference books are given here for the prepration of PMET exam:
- LP Golden Excel by Dr. J.K. Juneja, S. Jawa, Dr. J. P. Sharma
- Edusys Advanced Explorer
- Universal Self Scorer Biology
- Oswaal 10 Mock Test Papers
The applicants should focus on the officially given syllabus, PMET exam syllabus contains subjects like(Chemistry, Physics, Biology) Applicant should learn this syllabus before applying for PMET Exam:
PhysicsPhysical World and Measurement Physics
Kinematics Frame of reference.
Laws of Motion
Work, Energy and Power
Motion of System
Properties of Bulk
Behaviors of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
Oscillations and Waves
Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Dual nature of Matter and Radiation
Atoms & Nuclei
ChemistrySome Basic Concepts of Chemistry
Structure of Atom
Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
S Block Elements
Some p-Block Elements
p-Block Element Group
d and f Block Elements
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
Chemistry in everyday life
Biology (Botany, Zoology)Diversity in Living
Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
Cell Structure and Function
Genetics and Evolution
Biology and Human Welfare
Biotechnology and its applications
Ecology and environment
There are few exam centers where PMET Exam will be held:
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Himachal Pradesh