Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Joint Engineering Entrance Examination is a university level entrance test administrated by the SRM University. It is a common entrance test for SRM University. By SRMJEEE exam, students will get admission in the B.Tech & M.Tech courses. It is mandatory to qualify the SRMEEE exam to get admission in engineering courses.
Fees structure for this exam is explained here:
- The application fee is Rs. 1100/-.
- Applicants have to make the payment via online mode or DD.
Applicants can check here the major steps to fill the application form:
- The SRMJEEE application form is available through online & offline mode.
- Applicants can get the application form from November.
- First, applicants have to register themselves and then they can get the login ID and Password.
- With this ID and Password, applicants can fill the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of colored photograph, signature & 10th & 12th mark sheets.
- Applicants have to make the fee payment through online mode.
- Applicants are suggested to take the printout of the application form for future references.
These are the cut off's of the exam:
|Name of the Course||Closing Rank|
|Computer Science and Engineering||68000|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||70000|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||70000|
Documents to be Carried
Necessary documents that you have to keep for this exam are given below:
- Counselling Letter of SRMJEEE.
- SRMJEEE Hall Ticket.
- 10th Standard Mark Sheet.
- 10+2th Standard (or equivalent) Examination Mark Sheet.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- Demand Draft for the tuition fee specified in the counseling letter. The draft should be drawn in the favor of “SRMIST” payable at Chennai.
The following are the required eligibility for this exam:
- Indian, NRI and PIO & OCI card holder issued by the government of India are eligible to apply.
- For UG courses, DOB should fall between 1st July 1997 - 1st July 2002 and for PG courses, DOB should fall between 1st July 1993 - 1st July 1998.
- Applicants should have passed the 12th examination from any recognized board. Appearing candidates can also apply.
- 60% aggregate in PCM for Kattankulathur, Ramapuram and Vadapalani campuses and 55% for NCR, Delhi campus.
- Applicants who've completed 10th, as well as 12th in NIOS, are not eligible.
- Applicants should have qualified Intermediate or appearing in the qualifying exam in the current academic year.
- The mandatory subjects are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology or Biotechnology. For International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma, or A-level with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology.
The pattern of this exam is explained below:
- Entrance examination will be held only through online mode.
- The question paper will be published in the English language.
- There will be no provision for negative marking.
- The total time provided for the whole exam is 2:30 hours.
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.
- Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- 3 marks will be given to applicants for the correct answer.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks per Question||Total Marks per Subject|
|Part 1 – Physics||35||3||105|
|Part 2 – Chemistry||35||3||105|
|Part 3 – Mathematics||35||3||105|
|Part 4 – Biology||35||3||105|
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to this exam are given below:
Q. What do I need to carry inside the examination hall?
A. You are allowed to carry only a pen or pencil into the exam center. The entry of mobile phone, cellular phones, pagers, palmtops, Bluetooth device or any electronic device is strictly prohibited. You are also required to produce your Hall Ticket and ID proof at the registration desk.
Q. What if my Hall Ticket will not be received due to incomplete application form?
A. The SRM University will not be responsible for intimate applicants who have submitted the incomplete application form. Students are advised to be assured that all the application form is complete in all respects before posting.
Q. Are the dates different for both online and offline applications?
A. Yes, the last date to submit the application form is different for both the modes.
Q. I made mistakes in my application. Will there be correction dates for SRMJEEE?
A. There are no correction dates as such, candidates have to write directly to the University.
Q. What are the placement chances if I study in SRM?
A. The placement chances in SRM University is high according to the analysis but it can change on an annual basis too. The candidates are suggested to check the official website to know more about the placement process and reports.
Q. Which branch is best at SRM and which campus?
A. While all of the SRM campuses are considered good, Careers360 ranks SRM Chennai on a higher side. Talking about branches, students prefer computer science followed by mechanical, electronics and so on.
Q. When will SRMJEEE counseling start?
A. SRMJEEE counseling will start in the second week of April.
The procedure is given which through selection will be done:
- Applicants will be invited for counseling session based on the rank obtained in SRMJEEE (UG).
- One or more than counseling sessions will be held depending on the vacancy of seats.
- Applicants can choose their preferred specialization/branch of study in a particular campus based on subject to the availability of seats at that point of time.
- Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) will be issued to confirm the applicant’s admission.
There are large number of study material available for this exam. Here are some of the Reference books for the syllabus:
- Physics-objective book by DC Pandey, HC Verma
- Inorganic Chemistry- OP Tandon
- Organic Chemistry- Himanshu Pandey
- Physical Chemistry- P Bahadur
- NCERT Chemistry books
- Any CET Book
- Mathematics book by Amit M Agarwal
Topics that come under the syllabus of this exam are given below:
- Units and Measurement
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Electronics and Communication
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Chemical Families–Periodic Properties
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Energetic
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics, and Catalysis
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Matrices and Determinants
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Binomial theorem and its Applications
- Sequences and Series
- Differential Calculus
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Taxonomy of Angiosperm
- Plant Anatomy
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Plant Physiology
- Biology in Human Welfare
- Human Physiology
- Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology
- Environmental Science
- Applied Biology
- Theories of Evolution
There are many centers of exam for SRMJEEE. These are some of the exam centers for this exam:
- New Delhi - New Delhi
- Andaman & Nicobar - Port Blair
- Andhra Pradesh - Anantapur, Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Rajahmundry, Tanuku, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam
- Assam - Guwahati
- Bihar - Bhagalpur, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna
- Chandigarh - Chandigarh
- Chattisgarh - Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur
- Gujarat - Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara
- Haryana - Faridabad, Gurgaon, Hisar, Sonepat
- Himachal Pradesh - Dharamsala, Shimla
- Jammu & Kashmir - Jammu, Srinagar
- Jharkhand - Bokaro Steel City, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi
- Karnataka - Bengaluru, Mangaluru
- Madhya Pradesh - Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur
- Maharashtra - Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune, Thane
- Rajasthan - Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur