This exam is a National level exam, which is regulated by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. AIIMS MBBS exam will be considered for providing admission to students in the MBBS programme offered by AIIMS, New Delhi, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Bhubaneswar, Guntur, Nagpur, Patna and Raipur. Nearly 3 lakh medical aspirants register each year. With the growing number of participations, the level of examination and cut offs also increases. Total 800 seats will be offered for affirmations over the nine AIIMS foundations through AIIMS MBBS.
All the Class 12th students with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as their core subjects in the Class 12th examination are eligible to apply for AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam. Applicant should be a minimum of 17 years of age to apply for AIIMS MBBS. The other essential eligibility criteria had been discussed underneath:
- Minimum of 60% for general and OBC and 50% for SC/ST.
- In the case of students applying for a qualifying examination, they can apply for AIIMS. Documentary evidence of passing the qualifying exam with the relevant score is required.
- In the case of the Institute considering an examination of an Indian university / foreign university equivalent to Grade 12 under 10+2 scheme, the candidate has to produce a certificate that they have passed the examination.
- Foreign Nationals interested in AIIMS New Delhi need to have obtained 50% in aggregates in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
The application fee structure for the exam of AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) MBBS can be seen below:
|General ||INR 1000||INR 1000 + Transactional charges|
|OBC (Creamy and Non-Creamy)||INR 1000||INR 1000 + Transactional charges|
|Scheduled Caste||INR 800||INR 800 + Transactional charges|
|Scheduled Tribe||INR 800||INR 800 + Transactional charges|
The details regarding the Application Procedure for the exam of AIIMS MBBS New Delhi can be seen below:
- The applicant is required to fill the basic details such as Full Name, DOB, Category, Gender, Email, and Contact Number to get login credentials.
- After completion of your initial step, the applicant would get an SMS and email intimating the login credentials.
- The candidate is required to login and changes his password.
- Payment of Application Fee can be done through Debit Card/Credit Card or Net banking.
- Once the Application Fee is successfully paid, a printout of the Payment Receipt needs to be taken for future correspondence.
- The Examination City from the list would be selected. City Availability List shows the real-time status which one selected cannot be changed later.
- The Candidate must fill correct Qualification and Address details on the likes of the Qualifying exam name and the year, etc.
- The Applicant is required to upload a recently taken Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression in JPEG Format. The size of the Photograph file must be 10KB-100KB while the digital size of the Signature and Left Thumb Impression must be 10KB-50KB.
- Applicant should take a printout of the Application Form and check if all the details have been filled properly and adequately. Once the form is submitted, no other changes will be entertained.
- The Application Form is not required to be sent to the Exam Office. The AIIMS Application Form along the Payment receipt needs to be maintained for future reference.
The Exam pattern of the exam of AIIMS MBBS can be seen below:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Aptitude and Logical Thinking||10|
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Question type: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 200
- Number of Sections: 4
- Marks for every correct answer: 1
- Marks deducted for every wrong answer: 1/3
There are various study materials available for the Exam of AIIMS MBBS. Some of which are given below:
- Objective Biology
- Biology by Trueman
- Objective Biology by Prakash
- Biology by Pradeep publication
- A C Dutta for Botany
- Biology by GR Bathla
- Physics by H C Verma
- Aggarwal Concept of Competitive Physics
- NCERT Physics : CBSE PMT by Anil Aggarwal
- NCERT Physics (Part 1 and 2)
- Objective questions for Medical Entrance examination
- Modern ABC of Chemistry for Grade 11 and 12
- Physical Chemistry - O P Tandon
- Arihant Organic Chemistry
- Dinesh Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry - J D Lee
- Objective NCERT by MTG
- Arihant AIIMS MBBS Entrance examination (Solved papers from 2008-2015)
Courses Under Exam
The courses that come under AIIMS are:
- MD (Doctor of Medicine)
- MS (Master of Science)
- M.Ch (Master of Surgery)
- DM (Doctorate of Medicine)
- MHA (Master of Health Administration)
- MDS (Master of Dental Surgery)
- B.Sc Nursing (Bachelor of Science)
- M.Sc. (Master of Science)
- Ph.D. programmes
The various Test Centres for the Exam of AIIMS MBBS are given below:
- Andaman and Nicobar - Port Blair
- Arunachal Pradesh - Itanagar
- Assam - Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Tezpur
- Bihar - Arrah, Bihar sharif, Gaya, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnia
- Delhi - Delhi
- Haryana - Ambala, ,Gurgaon, Panipat, Yamuna Nagar
- Himachal Pradesh - Baddi, Shimla and Solan
- Jammu and Kashmir - Baramulla, Jammu, Leh and Srinagar
- Jharkhand - Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi
- Karnataka - Bidar, Udupi, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore and Mysore
- Kerala - Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Kannur, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Trivandrum and Thrissur
- Manipur - Imphal
- Meghalaya - Shillong
- Odisha - Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Rourkela, Sambalpur
- Puducherry - Puducherry
- Punjab - Amritsar, Bathinda, Jalandhar, Khanna, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala, Phagwara,Ropar and Sangrur
- Rajasthan - Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar and Udaipur
- Telangana - Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam and Warangal
- Tripura - Agartala
- West Bengal - Asansol, Bardhaman, Durgapur, Haldia, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Kolkata and Siliguri
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to the exam of AIIMS MBBS are as follows:
Q. How can I log in?
Ans. Candidate ID and password would be sent to a registered email address and mobile number of the candidates. The candidate must remember the password and also retain a printout of the registration form.
Q. Is the choice of AIIMS institution required to be indicated at the time of online registration?
Ans. There is no necessity to indicate a choice at the time of registration. The candidate can exercise his option at the time of counseling.
Q. After completion of the last date, can choices of city/center be modified?
Ans. The City/Centre cannot be changed once the option is chosen and allotted. No such requests would be entertained.
Q. What are the documents required to be uploaded at the time of application?
Ans. Documents are not required to be uploaded, except photograph, left thumb impression, and signature at the time of registration.
Q. What are the required documents that should be brought at the time of counseling?
Ans. The following documents are required to be brought at the time of counseling:
- Admit card
- Rank letter
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth certificate
- Certificate and mark sheet
- Mark sheet of senior secondary class
Q. In case of discrepancy in the spelling of the documents and application form, what can be done?
Ans. The changes can be made during the correction period. Proof of the documents belonging to you should be carried in the form of the affidavit.
Syllabus for the Exam of AIIMS MBBS are as follows:
- Electrostatics: Electric charges, Electric field, Electric flux, Electric potential, Potential difference, Conductors, Insulators, Free charges, Bound charges, Equipotential surfaces, Superposition principle, Continuous charge distribution, Dipole and a system of charges.
- Current Electricity: Electric current, Velocity, Mobility, Ohm's law, Electrical resistivity, Conductivity, Carbon resistors, Temperature dependence, Kirchhoff's laws and simple applications, Potentiometer - concepts and applications.
- Magnetic effects of Current and Magnetism: Magnetic field, Biot-Savart Law, Ampere's Law, Cyclotron, Current loop as a magnetic dipole, Parra duo and Ferromagnetic devices, Electromagnetic and factors affecting them.
- Electromagnetic induction and alternation of currents: Faraday's law, Lenz Law, Self and mutual inductance, LCR Series circuit, Power in AC circuits, AC Generator and transformer.
- Electromagnetic waves: Displacement current, Electromagnetic waves, and characteristics, Electromagnetic spectrum.
- Optics: Reflection of light, Spherical mirrors, Refraction of light, Scattering of light, Microscope, Telescopes, Wave optics, Diffraction concepts.
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation: Photoelectric effect, Einstein's photoelectric equation, Matter waves.
- Solid state: Classification of solids based on different binding forces such as molecular, ionic covalent and metallic solids, amorphous and crystalline solids.
- Solutions: Types of solutions, The solubility of the gas in liquids, solid solutions, colligative properties.
- Electrochemistry: Redox reaction, Electrolytic solutions, Kohlrausch's Law, electrolysis and laws of electrolysis, EMF, Standard electrode potential.
- Chemical Kinetics: Rate of a reaction, Factors affecting the rate of a reaction, Temperature, Catalyst, Order and Molecularity of a reaction.
- Surface Chemistry: Adsorption, Chemisorption, Catalysis of homogeneous and heterogeneous, Enzyme catalysis, Colloid properties, Brownian movement, Electrophoresis, Types of emulsions.
- General principles and processes of isolations of elements: Principles, methods to extract, oxidation, extraction of aluminum, copper, zinc, and iron.
- Reproduction in organisms which is sexual and asexual. Binary fission, Porulation, Budding, Gemmule, Fragmentation, Vegetative propagation, Sexual reproduction in plants, Double fertilization and Post-fertilization events.
- Genetics and evolution: Heredity, Variation, Klinefelter syndrome, The molecular basis of inheritance, DNA Replication, Adaptive radiation, Human evolution.
- Biology and Human welfare: Microbes, Pathogens, Parasites causing human diseases, Biofortification, Sewage treatment, Generation of energy, Microbes causing human welfare.
- Biotechnology and its applications: Principles and process, Genetic engineering, Application and biotechnology in health and agriculture, Gene therapy, Transgenic animals.
- Ecology: Organisms and environment.
- International organizations
- Computer Science
- Current affairs
In line with the decision making body i.e. AIIMS, the minimum cut-off marks for applicants has been set as follows:
- General - 50%
- OBC - 45% (Non-Creamy Layer)
- SC/ST - 40%
If 50% marks correspond to a 90 percentile in Shift 1 and 88 percentile in Shift 2, then the ones equal to or above 88 percentile in both the shifts become eligible for the general category. Similar methods would be adopted for different categories.
For the Exam of AIIMS MBBS, the seats required to be filled by open (UR) competition would be filled initially, the applicant would be called on the basis of merit irrespective of wherever they belong.
- Reservation categories like SC/ST/OBC would be filled in the categories marked for them. If an applicant belonging to a reserved category walks out of the procedure, another candidate from the same category would be filling up the vacancy in the order of merit.
- All the reserved applicant who qualifies in General Merit List shall attend the counseling for the open category seats and exercise their options. If they opt for any other institution in the reserved category, they would attend counseling meant only for that reserved category.
Documents to be Carried
The applicant called for AIIMS counseling should report at the venue site on time on the date indicated in the call letter with the below-mentioned documents:
- AIIMS MBBS Admit card
- AIIMS Call letter
- Date of Birth Proof
- 10+2 Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Category certificate if applicable
- Current passport size photos (6 copies)
- Self-attested copies of certificates
The total MBBS Seats available for the admission is 672 (six hundred seventy-two only). The reservation standard is also applicable for the seats. So, a candidate belonging to the OBC, SC, ST, PH category can check AIIMS MBBS Seat Intake, reservation rules etc.
The important dates related to AIIMS MBBS Exam are as follows:
|AIIMS MBBS notification||November 17, 2019|
|Availability of application form for basic registration||November 30, 2018 (Started)|
|Last date of basic registration||January 14, 2019|
|Status of Basic Registrations||January 17, 2019|
|Corrections of any deficiencies in basic registrations that are not accepted||January 18 to 22, 2019|
|Final status||January 28, 2019|
|Uploading of prospectus||January 29, 2019|
|Dates for generation of code for final registration||January 29 to February 17, 2019|
|Re-opening of the code generation facility ||February 23 to March 12, 2019, up to 5:00 PM|
|Final registration for applicants with codes||February 21 to March 12, 2019|
|Issuance of admit card||May 15, 2019|
|AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam date||May 25 and 26, 2019|
|Declaration of result||June 12, 2019|
|Counseling round 1||First week of July 2019*|
|AIIMS MBBS counseling round 2||First week of August 2019*|
|Round 3 of counseling||First week of September 2019*|
*Dates are tentative; subject to change