Common Management Admission Test is an all-India level entrance exam conducted by All India Council for Technical education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human resource development (MHRD), authorities of India. The CMAT entrance exam is conducted by AICTE as per instructions issued by MHRD, The government of India. CMAT determines the admission of the applicants into the B-schools that accept the examination.
The eligibility criteria for this exam is as follows:
- There's no age limit for writing CMAT.
- Applicants who have a Bachelor degree with 10+2+3 can apply for the programme. The results of the final year of the undergraduate degree have been declared before the fulfillment of the admission formalities.
The application fees for this exam is as follows:
- For General - Rs.1400
- For SC/ST/OBC- Rs.700
The application procedure for this exam are as follows:
- Self Registration.
- Payment Process.
- All your qualification details as you need to enter them whilst registering for CMAT examination.
- You need to upload your scanned picture while registering, hence keep ready a scanned clear picture of yours taken on a white background. The size of this picture must be 140 x 160 (60 Kb).
- You need to upload your scanned signature while registering, hence keep ready your scanned clear signature finished on a white background. the size of this signature file must be 60 x 90 (30 Kb).
- A valid id which you'll be using at least for the next 6 months. All communication will be done on this identification code/number which you'll enter while registering for CMAT examination.
- A valid mobile number.
- A valid credit / Debit card in case you want to pay online.
- A Printer connected to your system as you will need to PRINT three copies of CHALLAN in case you are planning to pay by cash at the bank.
The exam pattern for CMAT is as follows:
|Section ||Question Count||Total Marks|
|Quantitative and Data Interpretation||25||100|
The various study materials for this exam are as follows:
- CMAT Entrance Guide with Mock Test CD 2 Edition (Paperback) by Disha Experts
- CMAT Common Management Admission Test Guide (Paperback) by RPH Editorial Board
- CMAT Entrance Guide (Paperback) by Disha Experts
- Practice Workbook CMAT Common Management Admission Test (Paperback) by G K P
- Cmat MBA Entrance Ibook (With CD) (Paperback) by Chandresh Agrawal
- The Pearson Complete Guide to the CMAT(With CD-ROM) 1st Edition (Paperback) by Showick Thorpe, Edgar Thorpe
- Concepts of Numbers for CAT, GMAT, XAT, CMAT and Other Quantitative Aptitude Exams. (Paperback) by Gajendra Kumar
- CMAT: Common Management Admission Test 1st Edition (Paperback) by Deekshant Sahrawat, Mohit Khurana
The various test centres for this exam are as follows:
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to this exam are as follows:
Q. Is CMAT going to be conducted ONLINE twice a year?
Ans. No, from the academic year, AICTE has decided to conduct only one CMAT Online Test.
Q. How many questions are there in each of these sections?
Ans. There will be 25 questions in each section.
Q. Where do I pay my fees?
Ans. Candidates are appearing for the test in India are required to pay registration fee either by Online (Credit / Debit cards / Net banking) or Depositing cash in any branch of State Bank of India.
Q. What are the available time slots in CMAT?
A. CMAT will be conducted in only 1 slot.
Q. How many questions are there in each of the sections?
A. There are 25 questions in each section.
Q. Can I move back and forth between the four sections?
A. Yes, you can.
Q. Is there any Negative marking In CMAT exam?
A. Yes, there is negative marking.
Q. Is there any age limit for appearing in CMAT?
A. No, there is no age limit for appearing in CMAT.
The syllabus for this exam is as follows:
- Number System
- Ratio- Proportion
- Time and Work
- Speed- Distance- Time
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Eq
- Linear Eq
- Sets and Functions
- Coordinate Geometry
- Coordinate Geometry
- Bar Graphs
- Pie Charts
- Assertion and reasons
- Statements and assumptions
- Strong arguments and Weak argument
- Inferences & Judgements
- Cause and effect
- Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement
- Reading Comprehension
- Different usage of the same word
- Manias & Phobias
- Sentence correction
- Sentence completion
- Odd One out
- One word Substitution
The cut-offs for this exam are as follows:
|B SCHOOLS||CUT OFF|
|Goa Institute of Management, Goa|| 260/99.85 percentile|
K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai
|We School Mumbai||244/99.06 percentile|
|MET Institute of Management, Mumbai||218/97.27 percentile|
|Pune University Department of Management Studies (PUMBA DMS)||210/96.42 percentile|
|XISS Ranchi||199/95 percentile|
|Acharya Bangalore Business School (ABBS), Bangalore||180/90 percentile|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management, New Delhi||180/85 percentile|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||170/82 percentile|
|Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi||170/82 percentile|
|Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune||160/75 percentile|
The selection procedure for this exam are as follows:
- Group Discussion (GD)
- Personal Interview (PI)
- Written Ability Test (WAT)
- Final Selection
Documents to be Carried
The important documents to be carried for this exam are as follows:
- Submit the copy of CMAT Admit Card with recent passport size picture pasted on it. ATTESTATION can also be done by the head of the Institutes as well.
- At least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification. The name on your photo identification should match your name as entered in the CMAT application.
- Forms which are Acceptable for photo identification types are limited to Driver's license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter identification, UID card or a notarized Affidavit (in English) with Photo, Signature, Date of birth and residential address.
- Photocopies of the original are not acceptable. Applicants will not be permitted to take the test if picture identification isn't always presented.
- SC/ST applicants are required to bring the valid caste certificate in original and an attested photocopy.
- Physically Disabled applicants are required to bring the valid disability certificate in original and an attested photocopy.