This test conducted by the ICFAI university group, for the students who are seeking for admission into its management programs. It is a two hour Computer-Based Test (CBT) conducted across 95 test facilities all over India.
- MBA/Ph.D. programs offered by IBS Hyderabad, ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education
- MBA Program offered by IBS Dehradun, ICFAI University, Dehradun and IBS Jaipur, ICFAI University, Jaipur
The eligibility criteria for this exam is as follows:
- The Candidate should possess a bachelor's degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 15 years of regular education (10+2+3 or 10+2+4 basis) is mandatory for all the candidates. The scholars who've completed their graduation on part-time, online mode or distance mode are not eligible to sit within the examination.
- Candidates that do not meet the eligibility criteria of English medium in graduation need to appear in TOEFL/ NELT/ IELTS examination and should submit the score.
- Ph.D. IBS Alumni, M.Phil degree holders, and UGC net applicants stand exempted from IBSAT.
The application fee details and the mode of payment for this exam as follows:
- Application Fees for this exam is as Rs. 1,800/-
- The modes of payment for this exam are as follows: Credit card, Debit card, Net banking, Demand Draft.
The application procedure for this exam is as follows:
- On completion of online registration and payment, an e-mail and SMS with application number and password would be sent. The student could have to log in with those details.
- On successful submission of an application, confirmation would be sent to the scholar via mail or text message.
- IBSAT Bulletin will be couriered within 7 days from the date of submission of online application form.
The address is as follows:
IBS Admissions Office
# 65 Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta,
Hyderabad – 500082, Telangana
SMS IBSAT2017 to 56363
Toll Free: 1-800-425-55 66 77
(Mon - Fri 9.30 am - 5.30 pm)
IBSAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT) and consists of Multiple Choice Questions. The total time duration of the test is 2 hours and the total number of questions is 125.
- Quantitative Techniques
- Data Interpretation and Data Adequacy
- Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability
There are several study material available for this exam. Some of them are as follows:
- Nishit Sinha's DI LR book by Pearson
- TMH How To Prepare For The Data Interpretation And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 3rd Edition by Arun Sharma
- Quant Aptitude by Tata Magraw Hill, Author: Arun Sharma
- Abhijit Guha's book: Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques, And Short-cut Methods by Guha Abhijit
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT from Pearson by Nishit Sinha
- English Proficiency IMS India
- English PLUS I.C.S.E. For Class 10 by Xavier Pinto
- Word Power Made Easy by NORMAN LEWIS
There are various test centers for this exam. Some of them are as follows:
- V V Nagar
- Bund Garden Road
- Ganga Nagar
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to this exam are as follows:
Q. Which institutes accept IBSAT scores?
A. IBSAT scores are accepted by 9 IBS campuses which are located in Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Pune, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, and Dehradun.
Q. Which IBS campuses offer an MBA programme and which ones offer PGPM?
A. IBS programme is offered at – IBS Dehradun, IBS Hyderabad, and IBS Jaipur
PGPM programme is offered at – IBS Ahmedabad, IBS Bengaluru, IBS Gurgaon, IBS Kolkata, IBS Mumbai, and IBS Pune.
Q. Can I apply for admission in IBS, Gurgaon, as we have given CAT but not IBSAT?
A. Yes, IBS accepts CAT scores.
Q. Is there any negative marking in this exam?
A. There is no negative marking in this exam.
Q. Is IBSAT exam enough to get admission in B-schools?
Q. Is IBSAT a good exam?
A. Yes, it is a good exam, but NIT the best.
Q. Is it exam harder than CAT?
A. No. It is definitely not harder than CAT.
Q. Which exam is tougher: XAT or IBSAT?
A. XAT is tougher than IBSAT.
The applicants need to be aware of the syllabus of the examination to ensure a good amount of preparation. The syllabus for IBSAT remains the same across the following portions: Verbal ability, Reading Comprehension, Quantitative, aptitude and Data Interpretation.
The Verbal Ability Syllabus has around 50 questions that test a topic relating to basic usage of the language having questions from the following subjects:
- Vocabulary (Synonyms/Antonyms, Analogies, Fill in the Blanks)
- General English Usage
- English Grammar application
- Jumbled Sentence
The cut-offs for this exam are as follows:
- IBS Hyderabad: 68+
- IBS Bangalore: 65+
- IBS Mumbai: 65+
- IBS Gurgaon: 62+
The applicants scoring the minimum cutoff marks in IBSAT will be eligible for the selection procedure. The process for IBSAT selection will be as follows:
- Based on the candidate's score, they'll be selected for the pre-admission processes. also, applicants will also be shortlisted on the basis of their CAT/ GMAT/ NMAT by GMAC previous score.
- The applicants are required to score minimal 60% in CAT/NMAT by GMAC or having a score of 500 in GMAT will be shortlisted for the selection rounds.
- These will be decided for eligibility to participate in the GD and PI rounds of IBS. The final list will be based on the candidate's overall score i.e. IBSAT or any national test score and GD & PI score.
Documents to be Carried
The candidate needs to carry the following items along with the test center:
- Admit card– The mandatory document that needs to be carried to the test center, in absence of which the candidate will not be allowed for the test.
- Photo identification proof– Acceptable identification files are Driving license, Passport, Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter id, college id (Supported with a valid ATM / Debit / Credit Card with candidate's name), Employee Identification Card, or a notarized Affidavit with photo, signature, date of birth and residential address.
- Photo identification proof must be original and valid i.e. must not be expired. The name and details of the photo identification proof must match with the information filled inside the IBSAT application form. Photocopies of original files will not be acceptable.