Maharashtra common entrance test is a computer-based management entrance test. Officially known as MAH-MBA/MMS-CET, MAH CET is one of the most imperative examinations if you wish to secure a seat in an MBA College, particularly in Maharashtra State. The Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai leads the MAH CET for Admission to Maharashtra MBA/MMS Programs. This is a one of the most sought-after examinations if you want to pursue an MBA.
The eligibility criteria of MAH CET has been decided by DTE Maharashtra and that are given below:
- Aspirants applying for the MAH CET must be a graduate or have acquired an equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- General category applicants should have 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA and reserved category candidates must obtain 45% in their undergraduate studies.
- Students, who are in their final year of graduation, can apply for the examination as well. However, they need to produce their graduation certificate at the time of counseling.
- Age Criteria - There is no age limit for applicants in order to appear for MAH CET.
The Application Fees structure for the exam of MAH-CET(Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) is given below:
- Applicants belonging to the General category had to pay a fee of Rs 1,000.
- Applicants belonging to the reserved category candidates was Rs 800.
- The application fee of MAH CET had to be paid either through net banking or by a debit/credit card.
Procedure to apply for MAH-CET(Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) Exam is given in detail below:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the Apply Now button and fill in the details like personal information, academic information, work experience, contact details.
- Upload recent passport size colour photograph and the second one is applicant’s signature.
- Photograph should be of 10-100 KB in .jpeg or .jpg format and the signature should be of 5-20 KB image in .jpeg / .jpg format
- Re-Check the details filled in the MAH CET Application Form.
- Make the Payment of application fee and click on the Submit button.
Exam pattern of MAH-CET exam is given in detail below:
- The exam includes MCQs from four sections, which applicans have to answer online.
- The duration of the exam is 150 minutes or two and a half hours.
- According to the marking scheme, there will be one mark for every correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking in the paper.
|Topic||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||50||50|
There are some reference books are given here for the preparation of MAH-CET exam:
- Maharashtra CET-MBA 2018 with Solved Papers & Mock Papers by Arihant Publication.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by S Chand Publishing.
- Maharashtra MBA-CET Complete Book by Chandresh Agrawal.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination by R.S. Agarwal.
- Maharashtra CET-MBA 2018 with Solved Papers & Mock Papers by R.K. Jha.
- Target MHCET (MBA/MMS) – Past papers + 6 Mock Tests, by Disha Publications.
- Maharashtra MBA CET Guide by RPH Editorial Board / Priyanka Prakashan.
- Maharashtra MBA CET Books by CETking.
- MBA Entrance Guide by Verma.
Courses Under Exam
Some of the course under MAH-CET exam are as follows:
These are some exam centers where MAH-CET Exam will be held:
Mumbai Sub Urban
Q. Is there any negative marking?
Ans. No, there will not be any negative marking for wrong answers.
Q. For how long do the MAH CET scores valid for admission?
Ans. MAH CET scores are valid for one year only.
Q. Is there any age limitations to apply for the MBA program?
Ans. No, there is no age limit to apply for MBA / MMS / PGDBM / PGDM.
Q. My certificates are not in English language, am I still eligible to apply for MAH CET?
Ans. The candidate whose certificates are not in English Hindi or Marathi language will need to produce authenticated Marathi or Hindi or English version of the same, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
MAH CET exam syllabus contains subjects like(Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehension) Applicant should learn this syllabus before applying for MAH CET Exam:
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Quantitative Aptitude ||Logical/Abstract Ability|
Comprehension of passages
Fill in the blanks
Odd Sentence Para Jumble
Ratio & Proportion
Data Interpretation – Graphs, Charts, Tables
Linear and Circular Arrangement
The list of Management Institutes and their MAH CET Cutoff are as follows:
|Institute Name||Course||Cut-Off Percentage|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai||M. M. S.||99.98|
|S.I.E.S. College of Management Studies, Mumbai||M. M. S.||99.94|
|Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA), University of Pune||M. B. A.||99.69|
|Indian Education Society's Management College & Research Centre, Mumbai||M. M. S.||98.46|
|Shree C. E. Society's Indira Institute of Management, Pune||M. B. A.||96.31|
|Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai||M. M. S.||95.93|
|Indira College of Engineering & Management, Pune||M. B. A.||93.93|
|Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies, Malad (W), Mumbai||M. M. S.||95.32|
|S.C.E.S. Indira School Of Business Studies, Tathwade||M. B. A.||93.91|
Documents to be Carried
Documents that need to be carried to the exam hall:
- Hall Ticket of MAH MBA CET with a photograph attached
- Government-issued Identity Proof
- One Ballpoint pen
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) should bring duly filled Scribe form if applicable.
Intakes of MAH-CET exam are as follows:
|Name of University||No. Collages / Institutes under University||Intake Capacity|
|Solapur University||12 ||1125|
|North Maharashtra University||10 ||780|
|RTM Nagpur University||55||4680|
|SNDT Women’s University||01||60|
These are the important dates of MAH-CET exam:
|Online Registration for MBA CET ||3rd week of January |
|Last Date of Online Registration||2nd week of February |
|MAH MBA CET Hall Ticket||4th week of February |
|Online MAH MBA CET Exam||1st week of March |
|MAH MBA CET Result||2nd week of March |