This test is the placement test directed by the Symbiosis International University for admission to MBA programs gave by its institutes. Candidates are expected to enlist for SNAP test and then enroll with the institutes giving his/her preference of program by paying separate institution registration costs. If it shortlisted, then he/she can attend the GE-PIWAT process directed by each of those institutes.
The eligibility criteria for this exam is as follows:
- A candidate should be a graduate from a recognized institution or university and should have not less than 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in the graduation.
- The applicants have to test the eligibility of the programs for the respective Institute for the program which requires any particular specialization in any discipline.
- Any student who possesses an undergraduate degree in any foreign university has to obtain a certification of equivalence from the AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
- For in search of admission to the Symbiosis International University, the candidate has to verify all the foreign degree qualifications from AIU.
- AIU issues the certificates of equivalence for foreign degrees via its evaluation division.
The application fee and mode of payment for this exam are as follows:
- SNAP Exam fees have been increased from Rs. 1,500 to Rs.1750 plus taxes will be added also.
- The mode of application fee payment is through Credit Card, Net Banking, Cash and Demand Draft.
The registration process for SNAP is easy. A candidate can only register for the entrance examination online on the official website snaptest.org, as soon as the official notification regarding the registration is out.
A candidate can follow the steps given below to complete the SNAP Registration:
- Register online on the official website: snaptest.org.
- To establish identity, upload your recent scanned color photo.
The exam pattern for this exam is as follows:
- Duration: 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Negative Marking: 25%
The SNAP general English section comprises of topics which include Verbal ability, Verbal Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, Grammar related questions, Vocabulary and so on. There are 40 questions in this section and each question contains 1 mark.
Quantitative & Data Interpretation:
The SNAP Quantitative & Data Interpretation section, as the name indicates comprises of both Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation questions. The topics which can be included in this section are arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Time and Distance, Profit Loss, percentage, Permutation and combination, probability, Graphs and Charts and so on. There are 40 questions in this section and each question contains 1 mark.
Analytical & Logical Reasoning:
This SNAP Analytical & Logical Reasoning section covers topics which include coding-decoding, Venn diagrams, cubes, inference and judgments, Blood relations, Verbal Analogy, odd man Out etc. This section includes 40 questions and each question contains 1mark.
This SNAP general awareness section covers all static general knowledge topics ranging from history, Geography, science, Politics, Economics, business and so forth. All current Affairs are also an important part of this section. There are 30 questions in this section which carry 1 mark each.
The study material for this exam are as follows:
- By Ramesh Publication House-Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) Guide (English)
- Manorama Yearbook 2017 by Malayala Manorama (a very good resource for GK preparation)
- SNAP Simplified With GK (2 books) - by Disha Publication
Courses Under Exam
The following are the courses under this exam:
- MBA (Innovation & Entrepreneurship)
- MBA (Information Technology)
- MBA (Computer Applications)
- MBA (General)
- MBA (Infrastructure Management)
- MBA (International Business)
- MBA (Agri Business)
- MBA (Energy & Environment)
- MBA (Telecom Management)
- MBA (Communication Management)
- MBA (Operations Management)
- MBA (Information Technology Business Management)
- MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)
- MBA (Banking & Finance)
The test centers for this exam are as follows:
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to this exam are as follows:
Q. What does the acronym SNAP stand for?
A. SNAP is the SeNtinel’s Application Platform.
Q. How is SNAP licensed?
A. SNAP is licensed under the GNU GPL v3.
Q. What is the minimum required hardware to run SNAP on a laptop or desktop?
A. It is recommended to have at least 4GB of memory. To run the 3D WorldWind View, it is recommended to have a 3D graphics card with updated drivers. SNAP will work on 32 and 64 bit Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
SNAP exam Contains four sections namely-
- Ratios and Proportion
- In-equations Quadratic and linear equations Algebra
- Profit & Loss
- Work and time
- Number system
- HCF & LCM
- Complex numbers
- Maxima & Minima Progression
- Geometric Progression
- Arithmetic progression
- Arithmetic mean
- Geometric mean
- Harmonic mean
- Number Base System
- Allegation & Mixtures
- Work, Pipes, and Cisterns
- Surds & Indices
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Set Theory
- Venn Diagram
- Installment Payments
- Permutations & Combinations
- Binomial Expansion
- Coordinate geometry
- Data Interpretation based on text
- Bar Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Charts
- Venn Diagrams
- Visual reasoning
- Comprehension of passage (Poems can also come)
- Verbal Reasoning
- Contextual usage
- Fill In the Blanks
- Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences
- Jumbled paragraphs (6 sentences with first and last fixed)
- Sentence Correction
- Foreign language words used in English
- Sentence completion
- Sentence correction
- Odd man out
- One word substitution
- Different usage of the same word
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Critical reasoning
- Assertion and reasoned conclusions
- Identifying valid inferences
- Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments
- Cause and Effect
- Identifying Probably true
- Linear and Matrix arrangements
- Family tree - identifying the relationship among the group of people
- Symbol Based problems
- Coding and decoding
- Identifying next number in series
- Current Affairs
- Punchline of companies
- Top officials of big companies
- Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- World Records
- Books and authors
- International organizations
- Important quotations
- Social issues
The cut-offs for this exam are as follows:
|SITM, SIIB (Agri) & SCIT||70-75|
|SIIB, SIOM & SIBM - Bangalore||65-88|
|SIBM Pune & SCMHRD||96.5-98|
Selection of a candidate is based on the total score of a candidate in SNAP examination and group exercise (GE), personal interaction (PI) and Written ability test (WAT) rounds. The SNAP score out of 180 is scaled down to out of 50.
The weightage assigned is as follows:
|Group Exercise (GE)||10|
|Personal Interaction (PI)||30|
|Written Ability Test (WAT)||10|
Documents to be Carried
Candidates have to carry the required documents along with them while appearing for SNAP Counseling.
- Original counseling letter along with a photocopy of counseling letter.
- Original Admit card along with a photocopy of admit card.
- Bank draft has to be made as per the guidelines mentioned on SNAP prospect.
- All the original and at least 2 photocopies of certificates of 10th & 12th class.
- Rank Card / Hall Ticket.
- Scorecard (if applicable).
- Original degree/provisional certificate if candidate is appearing.
- Community certificate (SC/ST/OBC/Other) signed by the authorized authority.
- Medical documents mentioned on SNAP application form.
- 4-6 Passport size color photo or black and white.