SSC CGL is composed by the Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of qualified candidates to fill up around 30 posts under different departments.
Staff Selection Commission is a standout amongst the most looked for associations as far as Recruitment exams. SSC CGL is directed to recruit non-specialized Group B and Group C across various ministries.
The exam is held in 4 phases or tiers. The initial two are online while the final two are offline. The registration and communication process for the same would happen online. Candidates are required to qualify each phase of SSC CGL exam to continue before getting chose for the following exam.
Before starting the arrangement for the same, one needs to take note of the adjustments in exam and syllabus. The changes are as beneath.
There are some eligiblity that you need to know before applying for the SSC CGL exam:-
Assistant Audit Officer:
Qualification:- Applicant should have a Bachelor Degree from recognized university or Institute.
Applicant should have passed in Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
Statistical Investigator Grade 2:
Qualification:- Applicant should have a Bachelor degree in any subject from a recognized University with at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th Standard Level;
Applicant should have a Bachelor degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
Qualification:- Applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject.
All other Posts:
Qualification:- Applicant should have a Bachelor Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
Except the above educational qualification, the applicant must be physically fit as per the standards of the Inspector as there are certain necessary Physical Standards for the post of Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).
Application fees with there categories:-
- General- 100/INR
- OBC- 100/INR
Candidates belonging to these categories are exempted from the application fees:-
- Women candidates
- Scheduled Caste candidates
- Scheduled Tribes candidates
- Physically Handicapped candidates
- Ex-Servicemen candidates
These are application procedure to apply for the SSC CGL exam:-
- Once the link for SSC CGL Application Form is clicked, the candidates should provide their personal details and contact details to complete their preliminary step.
- Once the Registration ID is generated, the candidate should log in with the details and resume filling the application form.
- Candidates would additionally have to update their photograph and signature with their registered account.
- Candidates also have an option to edit in case any wrong information has been entered while completing the SSC CGL Registration Procedure.
- Candidates can go through all the preliminary fields that have been filled to check if no information has been omitted or missed. Once a final review is done, the application form can be submitted.
- The SSC CGL Application Fee can be paid both in an online and offline mode.
The applicant who is applying for SSC CGL Tier 1 exam needs to know about its exam pattern. that are given below:-
SSC CGL Tier 1 Pattern-
|Part||Subject|| Max. Marks||Questions |
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||25|
|B ||General Awareness ||50 ||25|
|C||Quantitative Aptitude||50 ||25|
|D||English Comprehension||50 ||25|
- Time Allotted - 60 Minutes (80 Minutes for disabled candidates)
- Total questions asked are 100, comprising of 200 marks. Each question would carry 2 marks.
- Paper Mode: Tier 1 will be conducted online.
- Negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer you make.
- Objective type Questions with multiple choices.
- Candidates can choose the Medium as Hindi or English.
- You have to qualify the Tier 1 exam to move on to Tier 2.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Pattern-
|Subjects || Max. Marks ||Questions |
|Quantitative Ability||200 ||100|
|English Language & Comprehension||200 ||100|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)||200 ||100|
- Time Allotted- 2 Hours (2 Hours 40 Minutes for PWD Candidates)
- Tier 2 will be conducted online.
- Negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I, III, and Paper IV for each wrong answer.
- The applicant can choose their Medium as Hindi or English.
- You have to qualify the Tier 2 exam to move on to Tier 3.
- Paper-III this is only for those applicants who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for this Post/ Paper.
- Paper IV is only for those applicants who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Pattern-
The applicant who've passed SSC CGL Tier 1 & SSC CGL Tier 2 exam are selected for SSC CGL Tier 3 exam. They need to know about its exam pattern. that are given below:-
- The exam would be a descriptive type.
- Tier 3 would be an offline paper.
- It will carry 100 marks and the duration of the paper would be for one hour.
- This Tier introduced to assess the writing skills of the applicant which are necessary for Government jobs.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay / Passage of 250 words and Letter / Application Writing of approximately 150 words.
- Qualifying this Tier you have to gain Qualifying marks 33 percent.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English.
- The questions in this paper would be of 10+2 standard.
- The marks obtained by the applicants in Tier I & Tier II, together, would determine the eligibility of the applicants to appear in Tier III & Tier IV.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Pattern-
The applicant who've passed all of the above exams are selected for SSC CGL Tier 4 exam. They need to know about its exam pattern. that are given below:-
- Tier-IV of the Examination Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) /Computer Proficiency Test (CPT).
- The exam is qualifying in Nature.
- Computer Proficiency Test for Asst. Section Officer in CSS, Asst. Section Officer (MEA), Asst. in the Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and Asst. (GSI) in the Ministry of Mines and Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer) & Inspector (Examiner) in CBEC, Asst. Section Officer in AFHQ.
- Data Entry Skill Test at Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour for Tax Assistant post only.
There are some reference books are given for the SSC CGL exams:-
- Quick Learning Objective General English RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Perfect Competitive English V. K. Sinha
- Competitive General EnglishKiran Prakashan
- Word Power Made EasyNorman Lewis
- Objective General English S. P. Bakshi
- General Knowledge Dr. Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)
- General KnowledgeArihant Publications
- Manorama Yearbook 2015 (English)
- Quantum CatSarvesh Verma
- Quicker MathematicsM. Tyra
- Elementary and Advanced MathematicsKiran Publication
- Analytical Reasoning M. K. Pandey
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning R. S. Aggarwal
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning (Hindi)Kiran Publication
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal (English)B. S. Sijwali, Indu Sijwali
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning (English)A. K. Gupta
These are some exam centers given here:-
- Uttar Pradesh(Regional Director (CR),SSC) Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi
- Sikkim, Andaman and Nicobar, Jharkhand,West Bengal, Odisha(Regional Director KKR SSC)
- Gangtok, Ranchi, Barasat, Berhampore, Chinsurah, Sambalpur,Port Blair,nJalpaiguri,n Kolkata, Malda,Midnapur, Siligui, Bhubaneshwar and CuttackRegional Director (ER)
- Karnataka and Kerala (Regional Director KKR SSC)Bangalore,Dharwar,Gulbarga,Thrissur,Mangalore,Mysore,Kochi and Kozhikode
- Rajasthan,Uttarakhand and Delhi (Regional Director NR,SSC)Almora,Dehradun,Haldwani,Srinagar,Haridwar,Delhi,Ajmer,Alwar,Bikaner,Jaipur,Jodhpur,Kota,Sriganganagar and Udaipur
- Arunachal Pradesh, Assam,Manipur,Meghalaya,Mizoram Tripura and Nagaland(Regional Director NER,SSC)Itanagar,Dibrugarh,Guwahati,Jorhat,Dispur,Silchar,Kohima,Shillong,Imphal,Churachandpur,Agartala and Aizwal
- Tamil Nadu,Telangana,Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh(Regional Director SR,SSC)Guntur,Hyderabad,Kurnool,Rajahmundry,Tirupati,Vishakhapatnam,Chennai,Coimbatore,Madurai,Trichy,Tirunelveli and Pondicherry
- Gujarat,Goa,Maharashtra(Regional Director WR,SSC)Ahmedabad,Vadodara,Rajkot,Surat,Bhavnagar,Kutch,Amravati,Aurangabad,Akola,Jalgaon,Panaji,Kolhapur,Mumbai,Nagpur,Nanded,Nashik,Pune,Thane, Bhandara and Chandrapur
- Chhattisgarh, MadhyaPradesh(Bhopal, Chindwara, Guna, Gwalior, Bilaspur, Jagdalpur, Raipur, Durg, Indore, Jabalpur, Khandwa, Ratlam, Satna, Sagar and Ambikapur
- J&K,Himachal Pradesh,Punjab and Chandigarh(Deputy Director NWR)
- Anantnag,Baramulla,Jammu,Leh,Dodda,Hamirpur,Shimla,Bhatinda,Jalandhar,Patiala,Amritsar,Chandigarh,Rajouri,Srinagar and Kargil.
Q. What is the meaning of applications being accepted provisionally?
All the applications are provisionally accepted as soon as you register. This is also because you do not submit the necessary documents at the time of online application procedure. The document verification stage occurs at the time you qualify for the exam. If all the documents are valid, the candidate would be accepted.
There are syllabus given for the exam that the applicant has to complete before giving the exam:-
- Commercial Mathematics
- Time and Work
- Speed and Distance
- Average and Percentage
- Data Interpretation
- Blood Relation
- Odd one
- Coding and Decoding
- Direction Sense
- Error Detection
- Improvement of sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Substitution of one word
- Para Jumble
- Cloze test
- Current Affairs
UPSC IAS examination selection procedures are given here:-
These are the selection procedure for Tier 1 exam that is given below:-
- The Tier-I online test would test the basic understanding of the candidates.
- Tier-I Exam would be conducted in a Computer Based Mode consisting of 200 Multiple Choice Questions.
- The marks of the scoring candidates would be taken into account for the purpose of ranking.
- The Tier-I marks would be taken into account for selection of candidates for the subsequent stages.
The applicant who've passed Tier 1 are selected for Tier 2 exam for more look below:-
- Candidates qualifying Tier 1 Examination would be giving Tier 2 Examination.
- The Tier 2 Examination would be consisting of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions for a total of 800 marks.
- Tier 2 Examination would comprise of 4 papers wherein every paper would be for 2 hours. Two papers are compulsory while Paper 3 is for the post of Statistical Investigator and Paper 4 is for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
- Paper I is for a standard level, Paper II is for 10+2 while Paper 3 and 4 would be at Graduation Level.
Tier 3 Descriptive Test
The applicant who've passed Tier 1 & Tier 2 are selected for Tier 3 exam for more look below:-
- The candidates for performance would be shortlisted on the basis of performance in Tier 2 and 3 exams.
- The SSC CGL Descriptive test would be conducted for a total of 100 marks in pen and paper mode.
- This paper has been introduced to assess writing skills.
- Qualifying candidates would be 33% in Tier 3 and questions would be of 10+2 standard.
- Tier 4 Skill Test
- Tier 4 test would a Computer Skill Test or a Typing test which will determine the eligibility of the candidates appearing Tier 4.
Final Merit List
The applicant who've passed all of the above tests are selected for the final exam for more look below:-
- The final merit list of the candidate would be determined on the basis of scores of a candidate in Tier 1,2,3 and 4 exams.
- SSC would be preparing an All India Merit List to recommend candidates across for various posts.
- Letter of appointment would be on the basis of post preferences and ranks allotted.
Documents to be Carried
Applicant should know what are the documents that need to carry to examination hall:-
- Admit card for Description /skill test. Keep a photocopy for reference. Last time they did document verification and skill test on the same day.
- They will give post preference form to you. Fill and submit it to them.
- 2 or 3 passport photos. Not necessarily recent photographs. The photographs should match the photos you have submitted while applying for the exam
- Identity Proof, proof of address ( Aadhar is enough for both) proof of age
- All the educational certificates in original as well as photocopies. Just in case, take two sets of photocopies
- 10th ( Matriculation)
- Intermediate ( 10+2)
- For graduation, Mark sheets of semester wise. If not available, consolidation mark sheet is enough. University certificates like original degree and Provisional certificate should be submitted.
- OBC certificate. Take care while submitting the OBC certificate. Make sure it is in prescribed format and date. Else, they will reject ur certificate and you have to compete in the general category.
- SC/ST certificate ( if applicable)
- Physically handicapped certificate (if applicable)
- NOC certificate, in the case of Central government employees
- Discharge certificate, in case of ex-servicemen
- You have to self attest all the photocopies of caste certificate, Educational qualifications, proof of age, address etc. Your signature must match the signs you did in various stages of examination.
A maximum of 70,000 vacancies would be predominantly in Income Tax, Excise and Customs. On an average about 4500 vacancies are created in SSC CGL every year. Though in the previous year, the number was increased to 9000. The exact number of vacancies declared this year is 4733.
The applicant must look at the important dates given here:-
The tentative schedule for the SSC CHSL exam is as follows. Please note down the important dates related to SSC CHSL Exam and make sure to complete the process in time.
|Application form will be available from||05.03.2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||05.04.2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Admit Card||June 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam||01.07.2019 to 26.07.2019 (CBE)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Admit Card||September 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam||29.09.2019 (DES)|
Want to get Notified about all the Updates of SSC-CHSL?