Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is an entrance exam conducted by Anna university, Chennai on the behalf of government of Tamil Nadu, for admission in various post graduate courses such as M.B.A., M.C.A., M.E. & M. Tech. and M. Arch. offered by numerous university colleges of Engineering, government Aided Engineering colleges and arts & science faculties and Self-Financing colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. The applicants looking for for admission in numerous authorities & non-public colleges of Tamil Nadu shall apply for TANCET examination via the online mode of registration that is availed on the official website of Anna college i.e. annauniv.edu.
TANCET Eligibility criteria for M.B.A. applicants:
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration with at least 50% marks from a recognized college.
- pattern- 10+2+3/4 years pattern or 10+3 years degree + 3 years pattern or B.E./ B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm. or 10+2+AMIE
- The applicants of the reserved category will be provided a relaxation of 5 percent
TANCET Eligibility criteria for M.C.A. applicants:
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics and at least 50% marks from a recognized college.
- pattern- 10+2+3/4 years pattern or 10+ 3 years degree + 3 years pattern or 10+ 2 + AMIE.
- The applicants of the reserved category will be provided a relaxation of 5 percentage.
TANCET Eligibility criteria for M.E. & M. Tech. and M. Arch.:
The Application Fees structure for the exam of TANCET(Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) is given below:
Procedure to apply for TANCET(Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test) Exam is given in detail below:
Step 1: Application Process:
The candidate is required to enter their respective name, Date of birth, Gender, e-mail id and password. After providing these information applicant must submit and create a user account.
Step 2: Academic and Personal Information:
This step includes academic details of the applicant. The details about graduation information, year of passing etc. The candidate is also required to mention the course for which they're applying along with the preferred examination centre.
Step 3: Uploading Images:
The candidate is required to upload the following scanned pictures:
- photograph of the candidate in jpg/ jpeg format with the file size between 20 KB to 25 KB.
- Signature of the applicant in jpg/ jpeg format with the file size between 20 KB to 25 KB.
Step 4: Payment of Registration Charges:
The candidate of general category is required to pay Rs. 500/- for each programme i.e. M.B.A., M.C.A., M.E. & M. Tech. and M. Arch. The applicant who desires to appear for a couple of programme is needed to pay Rs. 500/- for each additional programme.
The candidate of the reserved category is required to pay Rs. 250/- for each programme i.e. M.B.A., M.C.A., M.E. & M. Tech. and M. Arch. The applicant who desires to appear for a couple of programme is needed to pay Rs. 250/- for every extra programme.
Step 5: Review and Submit:
After entering all the required details and paying application charges, the applicant should review the application form carefully. After reviewing details, the form must be submitted. A complete application form of TANCET will be available in PDF format. The candidate is required to download the form and take a print out for future reference.
Pattern of MH CET Exam is given in detail below:
- The duration of the exam will be about two hours.
- Total 100 multiple type questions will be asked in the examination.
- One mark will be allotted to the applicant for correct answer.
- For incorrect answer, 1/3 marks will be deducted.
- ME/M.Tech/M.Arch section, PART I & II is compulsory.
- PART III will be selected during registration.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Basic Engineering and Sciences||20|
|Part III (different for different courses)||60|
There are some reference books are given here for the preparation of TANCET exam:
- ANCET (M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan) [Paperback] V.V.K. Subburaj/ Sura Books
- TANCET M.E. Computer Science and Engineering and Information Technologies – I[Paperback] Amit Gupta (Author)
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for the CAT (With CD) 1st Edition Trishna Knowledge Systems/ Pearson
- Challenging Science Questions and Answers (TNPSC, UPSC, TANCET, GMAT Q&A) V N Girija / Sixthsense Publications
- Athina Mathippen Pera Ariviyal Vina Vidai (TNPSC, UPSC, TANCET, GMAT Q&A) (Tamil) V N Girija / Sixthsense Publications
- Data Sufficiency for the CAT and Other MBA Examinations Trishna Knowledge Systems
Courses Under Exam
Some of the course under TANCET exam are as follows:
There are few exam centers where TANCET Exam will be held:
Question: When will the application forms available for TANCET?
Answer: TANCET Application Forms are already available on the official website until April.
Question: What is TANCET Exam Pattern?
Answer: The examination pattern of TANCET is different for MBA, MCA, and M.Tech./M.Arch./M.E./M.Plan.
Question: What is the eligibility criterion for TANCET?
Answer: A pass in any recognized degree with 10 + 2 + 3 year’s pattern. Candidates who have passed the qualifying degree course/ appearing for the final semester/ year examination of the said qualifying degree course during April/ May appear for TANCET.
Question: Which colleges are covered under TANCET?
Answer: The top colleges covered under this examination are:
- Government College of Engineering, Chennai (Anna University)
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai (Anna University)
- Government College of Engineering, Coimbatore
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Thirupuror, Kanchipuram
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
- A.C. College of Technology, Chennai (Anna University)
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Kanchipuram
Question: What are the steps to apply for TANCET?
Answer: The applicants can apply online or offline for TANCET.
TANCET exam syllabus contains subjects like(Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning) Applicant should learn this syllabus before applying for TANCET Exam:
One Word Substitutions
Idioms & Phrases
Data InterpretationBar Graph
Problem Based & Percentage
Problem Based on Equivalence
Permutation & Combination
Statistics & Probability
Blood Relation Analogy
Direction Sitting Arrangement
Water & Mirror Images
Cut off of the TANCET MBA for different institutes are given here as follows:
|Institute||Open Category(OC)||Scheduled Caste (SC)||Scheduled Tribe (ST)|
|Velammal Engineering College, Chennai||46||38.333||36|
|Vel Tech High Tech Dr Rangarajan Dr. Sakunthala Engineering College, Chennai||34||21.333||0|
|Gnanam School of Business (Stand Alone), Sengipatti, Thanjavur||13.333||0||0|
|PSG College of Technology (Autonomous), Coimbatore||61.333||47.333||35.667|
|PSNA College of Engineering and Technology, Dindigul||30.333||20.333||0|
|JJ College of Engineering and Technology, Tiruchirappalli||12.667||0||0|
|Sona College of Technology (Autonomous), Salem||34.333||14||19.333|
|Loyola Institute of Technology, Chennai||40.667||31||0|
|Vivekananda Institute of Management Studies (Stand Alone), Coimbatore District||18.667||0||0|
|University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai||54||43.333||35.333|
There are some stages for the selection procedure:
- Selection Procedure Merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the TANCET(M.B.A.).
- The reservation norms of Government of Tamil Nadu will be followed for admission.
Documents to be Carried
All applicants should carefully read the list of important documents at the time of appearing for the TANCET Counselling.
- Mark sheet and certificate of the qualifying exam
- Marksheets of 10th and 12th class
- Rank card (issued at the time of result)
- Copy of the admit card
- Original registration slip
- Nativity certificate
- Acknowledgment card
- Counseling letter
These are the important dates of the TANCET exam:
|Issue of online application form||First week of April 2019|
|End date to submit TANCET 2019 application form ||Last week of April 2019|
|Release of hall ticket||First week of May 2019|
|TANCET 2019||Third week of May 2019|
|Announcement of result||Second week of June 2019|
|Commencement of TANCA 2019 counselling process ||First week of July 2019|