The UPTU (Uttar Pradesh Technical university) examination or UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh state entrance exam) is a state level entrance exam. This entrance exam paves the way for admission of students in the numerous technical colleges/institutions of Uttar Pradesh. The UPSEE/UPTU exam is put under the Regulatory Authority of AKTU (Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical university). By passing this exam, the student can get admission in the numerous courses of Engineering, Pharmacy and Management. A student can pursue following courses of B.Arch/B.Pharm/B.Tech/MCA/MAM/BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA etc.
The eligibility criterion for this exam is given below:
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or any identical exam. The subject blend required in the qualifying examination relevant to the course selected by the candidate is given in the table underneath.
- There is no age limit to take the UPSEE 2018 exam.
- B.tech - 45% in aggregate in 3 subjects (40% for the Reserved Category).
- B.Arch - 50% in aggregate and passed every subject individually.
- B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering) - 45% in aggregate (40% for SC/ST).
The application fees structure and procedure for payment for this exam are as follows:
- 1300/- (for General & OBC Category)
- 650/- (for SC/ST, Female Candidates & Physically Handicapped Candidates)
- Open the official website of UPTU & download the bank challan.
- Fee details will be mentioned on the challan.
- Give the challan at the bank & you will get a receipt.
- Mention the challan number at challan.
- Confirm once the UPSEE Application Form submission on the official website of UPSEE.
- Enter the registration number, transaction number and download the confirmation page.
- Click the appropriate link to choose the mode of payment.
- Make the payment by entering details of the card, CVV number, and password.
- Take print of the confirmation page.
The application procedure for this exam is given below:
- Candidates need to fill the application on the official website of UPSEE/UPTU.
- Numerous facilitation centers will be set up via UPTU to help candidates to fill the UPSEE web-based application.
- Listing of those centers will be posted on the site as well.
- After filling the form, they need to press the review button for inspection.
- On filling of the form, a unique registration number will be given to the candidate.
- After the application form is filled and payment is done, they are required to generate a print out of the application form.
- It is thereafter necessary to put signature, current colored passport photograph and thumb impression on the form.
The exam pattern for UPSEE is as follows:
- The duration of UPSEE 2018 will be 3 hours for Paper 1, 2 and 3. In any case, the testing time for Paper 4 will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Candidates need to enter their response on an OMR answer sheet against the individual question number.
- Questions will be of objective type, apart from Drawing Aptitude Test (Part B of Paper 4).
- Applicants need to pick just a single decision as the right answer.
- More than one answer will be considered as mistaken.
- No negative marking exists. Be that as it may, a record of the answers given by the candidates will be kept up.
- Candidates need to enter the appropriate responses on the OMR sheet utilizing a ballpoint pen (Black/Blue).
|1||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||50 Questions each||600|
|2||Physics, Chemistry & Biology||50 Questions each||600|
|3||AG-I, AG-II, and AG-III||50 Questions each||600|
- Part A: Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Part B: Drawing Aptitude
- 50 Objective type questions of Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity
- 2 Questions of Drawing Aptitude
The study materials related to this exam are given below:
- Part 1 & 2 of class 12th NCERT.
- Concepts of Physics, Volume 1 & 2 of H.C.Verma.
- Understanding Physics series - D.C. Pandey.
- Chemistry Part 1 & Part 2 for Class XII NCERT.
- Physical Chemistry by P.Bahadur P.Bahadur.
- Organic Chemistry by Arihant (Theory & Paper) O.P. Tandon.
- Arihant Maths Series by S.K. Goyal for in-depth understanding and practice S.K.Goyal.
Some of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) related to this exam are given below:
Q. What are the safety precautions that a candidate must take before filling the UPSEE Application Form?
A. The candidate should read the information brochure properly before filling the UPSEE Application Form. The Application Form Number should be displayed on the screen of the candidate.
Q. How can the UPSEE Application Form be filled other than the online mode?
A. There is no other way to fill the UPSEE Application Form other than the online mode.
Q. Is a confirmation page required to be sent to the university?
A. Any copy of the confirmation page is not required to be sent to the university.
Q. How can we download the UPSEE Admit Card?
A. The UPSEE Admit card can be downloaded from the official website.
Q. What should I do if the size of the image of my photograph exceeds the maximum limit of 100 KB?
A. Try reducing the resolution a little bit but not much if the size exceeds the maximum limit.
Q. Do I have to send the Confirmation Page to the University?
A. No, but the candidate is required to keep preserved at least one copy of the Confirmation Page for the record.
Q. My parents are domicile of UP but I have passed/appeared in qualifying examination from a state other than UP. In this case, am I eligible to appear in UPSEE?
Q. None of my parents is domicile of UP. I have passed the qualifying examination from outside UP. Am I eligible to appear in UPSEE?
A. Yes, as a GDDA category candidate or as an OSGE Candidate, whichever is applicable in your case.
Q. I have passed qualifying examination from outside UP. Am I eligible to claim Rural Weightage?
A. No. It is admissible only to those candidates who have passed qualifying examination from UP.
The syllabus for UPSEE is given below:
- Law of Motion
- Motions in one and two dimensions
- Oscillatory motions
- Electrostatic technology
- Modern physical concepts
- Wave Optics
- Magnetic effects of current
- Concepts of work, power, and energy
- Linear momentum and collisions
- Acid-basic concepts
- Chemical bonding and equilibrium
- Catalysis concept
- Redox reaction
- Solid state
- Life origins
- Applied Physiology
- Animal physiology
- Detailed study of microorganisms
- Human genetics
- Plant cell
- Agricultural Physics
- Agriculture Chemistry
- Inorganic and Organic Chemistry
- Statistics for Agriculture
- Agricultural botany
The expected cut-off's for UPSEE for the year 2018 is as follows:
||Cut off rank (Expected)
The procedure of selection is given below:
- Document verification
- Filling of choices
- Seat allotment result
- Online willingness by the candidates