The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) will conduct VITEEE 2019 for B.Tech admissions to different campuses, namely Vellore and Chennai, as well as to Amravati and Bhopal universities. The entry examination will be carried out online from 10 to 21 April 2019 and entries will be based on the performance of the candidates. VITEEE 2019 application form is available online as well as offline for applicants from 28 October 2018. Prior to registration, applicants are advised to read the VITEE 2019 eligibility criteria. Invalid or unacceptable requests may be refused by the authorities. Applicants must complete the slot booking process in March, after which they can access their VITEE 2019 admission card. The scores and ranks secured in VITEE 2019 are announced by the result that will be announced in the last week of April. Since the counseling is done offline, the candidates must physically reach the counseling center where the allocation is made according to the candidate's rank and preferences.
Procedure of how to apply for the exam is given in detail below:-
- Aspirants need to enter all the required and relevant details. Soon after this, aspirants will receive a password on their registered mobile no. and email id.
- login to 'Registered users' with your email id and password that you have received from the University.
- Fill all the relevant details carefully before submitting VITEEE application form
- Applicants needs to be paid online via Netbanking / Credit / Debit card. NRI students need to pay 50 USD through online mode using credit card.
- Photograph Image Size must be between 10 KB and 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 4.5 CM. & Signature image Size must be between 10 KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 1.5 CM. However, Selfies will not be allowed.
- if the amount is debited please do not try another application. Aspirants are requested to wait for atleast 24 hours and then try for payment once again from the same registered email id.
Exam pattern of this exam is given in detail here:-
- The exam paper will consists of a total of 125 multiple-choice questions carrying one mark each.
- There will be two exam paper sets i.e. medical & non-medical. Applicant will be required to answer any one of the question paper sets of their choice.
- The duration of VITEEE is 2.5 hours.
- For each correct answer, one mark was allotted.
- There was no process of negative marking.
||Number of Questions
||Total Marks for Each Section
Reference books according to their subjects are as follows:-
- Arihant Series – DC Pandey
Books on Mechanics – Part 1, Mechanics – Part 2, Waves and Thermodynamics, Electricity and Magnetism and Optics and Modern Physics.
- Concepts of Physics (both volumes) by HC Verma.
- MCQ Question Bank by D Mukherjee.
- Inorganic Chemistry NCERT Text Book.
- Organic Chemistry Khan Academy Videos.
- Arihant Series – Dr. SK Goyal.
- Arihant Past Year AIEEE papers.
- VITEEE Solved Papers and Mock Tests from Arihant.
- RD Sharma – Objective Mathematics Part 1 and Part 2 (NCERT difficulty).
- NCERT Text Book.
- AC Dutta for Botany – Oxford Publication.
- Pradeep’s Biology Guide.
These are some exam centers of this exam:-
- New Delhi
Ques - How to prepare for VITEEE?
Ans- To prepare for VITEEE, applicants can follow the steps given below:
- Know and complete the syllabus of VITEEE thoroughly timely.
- Be sure of the VITEEE exam pattern to be able to divide the topics carefully and them the required time.
- Consult good reference books.
- Practice sample papers in abundance and note down the weak areas.
- Work on the weak areas until perfection is attained.
Ques - How to download VITEEE online exam paper & Answer Key?
Ans - Since it is an online exam, the exam paper and answer key are not released by the university. However, the internet can be surfed for the same.
Ques - Is VITEEE online or offline or both?
Ans - VITEEE is an online entrance exam.
Ques - Is there negative marking for VITEEE?
Ans - No, there is no negative marking in VITEEE.
Ques - I am a diploma student. Can I apply for VITEEE?
Ans - No, diploma candidates cannot apply for the VITEEE exam.
Ques -How much should I have in Class 12 to apply for VITEEE?
Ans - Applicant must have 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology in aggregate in 10+2. However, candidates belonging to SC/ ST categories and North-East need 50% in aggregate in the above-mentioned subjects.
This exam is a combination of the syllabus that covers topics from various subject as follows:-
- Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power
- Properties of Matter
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
- Atomic Structure
- p,d, and f – Block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds
- Amino acids
- Matrices and their Applications
- Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Analytical Geometry of two dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and its Applications
- Differential Equations
- Probability Distributions
- Discrete Mathematics
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Genetics and evolution
- Human health and diseases
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Biodiversity, ecology, and environment
Cut off according to year is given below:-
VIT University, Vellore:
|Electronics and Communication
|Electrical and Electronics
|Mechanical (spec. in Automotive Engg.)
|Mechanical (spec. in Energy Engg.)
|Computer Science (Specialization in Bioinformatics)
|Electronics and Instrumentation
|Production and Industrial
|ECE (Spec.Internet of Things and Sensor)
|Comp.Science Engg.(Spec.in Information Security)
VIT University, Chennai:
||Closing Rank (2017)
||Closing Rank (2016)
|Electronics and Communication
|Electrical and Electronics
|Electronics and Computer
Documents to be Carried
Necessary documents to carry for this exam are as follows:-
- Counselling Admit Card
- VITEEE e-admit Card
- Class X Board Certificate as a proof of date of birth
- XII Exam hall ticket (Copy)
- Qualifying Examination Marks statements of all attempts
- Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate.
- Nativity Certificate (for candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura) as indicated in the Information Brochure under Annexure - III
- Community Certificate (for SC/ST just) as specified in the Information Brochure under Annexure - III
- Demand Drafts are drawn in favor of "VIT University", payable at Vellore (Computerized DD)