This is a test for admission to many private and government medical and engineering institutions in West Bengal. WBJEE is a state-government controlled Centralized exam which is conducted via the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board for admission to private and government (medical and Engineering) institutes in West Bengal. The test is taken after 12th Grade admission to graduate courses. The examination would be taken via those who study in the pure science stream in Plus two level with topics which includes Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. About 3 Lakh people undertake the examination every day and the count is increasing. Students belonging to West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education and Central Indian School Certificates Board took the test, though it would in most cases be dominated via the first mentioned. It is a prestigious examination and there are few of the scholars of science stream who would not take WBJEE examination in West Bengal.
The eligibility criterion for this exam is as follows:
- The base age for WBJEE 2018 applicants is 17 years as on December 31. Applicants must have been born by or before December 31, 2001. There is no upper limit for B.Tech programs other than Marine Engineering where the upper age limit is 25 years as on December 31.
- The applicants ought to have qualified his/her 10+2 (or proportional) examination with Physics and Mathematics alongside any of Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Computer Application as mandatory subjects with individual passing marks (in both theory and practice wherever appropriate) in all the three subjects said above in the regular class mode.
- General category candidates should have secured a total of 45% and reserved class candidates ought to have scored 40% in the over three subjects taken together to be qualified for WBJEE. All candidates are required to have qualified English in 10+2 with at least 30% marks.
The application fees for this exam will be Rs. 500, and it can be paid through:
- Credit/Debit card/Net banking.
- It can also be paid in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan.
The application procedure for this exam is as follows:
- The applicants have to Register an account to apply.
- The competitors should fill the WBJEE application form with the required individual, scholarly and contact subtle elements.
- The applicants should make their password and affirm it. For affirmation, the candidates will likewise need to choose a security question and answer it. At last, the candidates should present the security question.
- The candidates should transfer the required checked pictures – photo, signature and thumb impression.
- The applicants should pay through net managing and account/Mastercard/platinum card.
- The applicants should remove a print from the affirmation page for sometime later. Unless the affirmation page is created, the application procedure won't be finished.
The exam pattern is as follows:
- WBJEE Exam would have questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics wherein the total number of marks would be 200 against 155 questions.
- Physics and Chemistry would have a total of 40 questions each, Mathematics section would have a total of 75 questions.
- There would be 3 categories of questions in the WBJEE Paper carrying a weight of 2 and 1 marks.
- 0.25 or 1/4 marks shall be deducted for an incorrect answer.
Study materials for this exam are:
- 8 Mock Tests and Solved Papers (2006-2012) (Paperback).
- 8 Mock Tests and Solved Papers for WBJEE (Paperback).
- MTG Chapter wise explorer WBJEE: Engineering/Medical Physics and Chemistry 11 years Solved papers (2001-2011).
- JEE Joint Entrance Exam Main in 40 days (Set of 3 books).
Courses Under Exam
Courses under this exam are as follows:
- 44 courses are under this exam that one can go to after clearing the WBJEE.
- Some courses also have specific detailed eligibility criteria. These include numerous branches of engineering, architecture, pharmacy and biotechnology courses.
The test centers for this exam are as follows:
- North Barrackpore
- Haldia Contai Murshidabad
- Birbhum Kurseong
- Shyambazar Park Circus
- Dinajpur Dakshin
The FAQ's for this exam are as follows:
Q. Is there any date limit for taking the photograph?
Ans. There is no such date limit for taking photographs. It must be a recent one that matches your features.
Q. What is a WBJEE Correction facility?
Ans. Candidates can make the required changes in their uploaded application forms.
Q. When should the Income Certificate be issued?
Ans. The certificate must be issued at that time or after March 31, 2018.
Q. Can I change my choice of examination zone after the application is submitted?
Ans. No, you can not change.
Q. What will happen if I do not re-upload correct photograph or signature?
Ans. If you do not re-upload corrected photo or signature, your admit card for this exam will not be issued.
Q. What should I do if I forget to download the Confirmation Page?
Ans. In such a case, you can get a duplicate copy of the Confirmation Page but only till 31 July. To get a duplicate confirmation page, you need to apply to the Board and pay Rs. 500 as processing fee via a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata.
Q. Is application fee of WBJEE refundable if I do not give the test?
Ans. No, Fee is not refundable.
Q. What should I do if I forget my application password?
Ans. If you forget your password, use the “Forgot Password” link to get a new password.
The syllabus for this exam is given below:
- Physics and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational Motion
- Properties of Solids and Liquids
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication System
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Matrices & Determinants
- Permutation & combination
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequence and series
- Limits Continuity and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equation
- Coordinate Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics & Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reaction
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Classification of Elements
- S- Block Elements
- P- Block Elements
- D & F Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
The cut-offs for this year are as follows:
|Cut-Offs Marks||Corresponding Rank|
|More than 172||Top 100|
Documents to be Carried
The documents to be carried for this exam are given below:
- Passport Size Photo
- Domicile and Category Certificate
- Income Certificate
- PWD Certificate