CBSE Scholarship, a popular name of the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child, offers financial assistance to meritorious girl students (only girl child of the family) of class 10 to continue their studies in class 11 and 12. Run by the Central Board of Secondary Education, the pioneer education board of the country, the CBSE scholarship scheme aims at supporting the higher education of the girl students who are also the only girl child in their family.
Are you the only girl child in the family and looking for financial assistance to fund your education in class 11 and 12?
If yes, then CBSE scholarship is surely an option for you. Find out how this scholarship can benefit you, in this article. It highlights each and every significant detail related to the scholarship that includes the key dates, eligibility, application process, selection process, rewards and more.
CBSE Scholarship dates:
The applications for CBSE scholarship are invited every year between the months of September and October. The dates regarding the fresh application and renewal application are not necessarily the same for the scholarship. What are the key dates regarding the scholarship that you must keep in mind? Get the answer to this question in the table below. It acquaints you with the key dates of CBSE scholarship for the academic year 2017-18.
Important Dates of CBSE Scholarship
|1.||Last date for submitting the online application (fresh)||5th October 2018|
|2.||Last date to submit the hard copy of application form (renewal)||31st October 2018|
CBSE Scholarship – Eligibility
The CBSE scholarship comes with a certain predefined set of eligibility conditions that you need to fulfil to apply for it. All these conditions are primarily focused on your current qualifications, along with academic performance and more. However, the most eminent eligibility for this scholarship is that it is applicable only for single girl child of a family. Furthermore, the key conditions that you need to fulfil include –
- The scholarship is open for Indian citizens only.
- The girl students, who have passed their class 10 examination by CBSE in the current academic year with at least 60% marks or more can apply.They must be studying in class 11 and 12 in CBSE affiliated schools whose tuition fee is INR 1500 per month or less.
Note: The NRI students are also eligible for the scholarship if they are studying in a CBSE school. However, this should be ensured that, the tuition fee limitation for such candidates should be less than INR 6,000 per month.
CBSE Scholarship – Award Details
The amount of financial assistance that a student receives under CBSE scholarship is INR 500 per month (INR 6,000 per annum) to continue her studies in class 11 and 12. The maximum duration of this scholarship is of two years and the amount will be paid to the students through NEFT or ECS. There is no fixed number of scholarships disbursed every year. However, considering the statistics of previous years, the total number of scholarships vary from 1400 to 1600 (approx.)
Find below the table that highlights the number of scholars benefitting through this scholarship over the years.
|1.||Total number of fresh scholars in 2013||1451|
|2||Total number of renewals in 2014 (for 2013)||962|
|3||Total number of fresh scholars in 2014||1570|
|4||Total number of renewals in 2015 (for 2014)||977|
|5||Total number of fresh scholars in 2015||1631|
|6||Total number of renewals in 2016 (for 2015)||938|
|7||Total number of fresh scholars in 2016||1231|
CBSE Scholarship – Selection Procedure
What factors are considered for selecting the scholars of CBSE scholarship? CBSE considers certain criteria to select the scholars.If you wish to be a winner of CBSE scholarship, you need to fulfil the below-given conditions –
- You must be pursuing studies in class 11 and 12 from a school affiliated to CBSE.
- Passing the class 10 examination from CBSE with at least 60% or more marks is also a mandatory condition for the students to fulfil.
- Only the single girl child of the family will get the scholarship.
- The candidates have to provide an original affidavit in prescribed format duly attested by the first class SDM/ Judicial Magistrate/ Notary/ Executive Magistrate.
- The students also need to ensure that the application form is attested by the Principal of the school where they are pursuing class 11.
- The tuition fee of the student in class 10 should be INR 1,500 per month or less and enhancement of 10% for class 11 and 12 is acceptable.
CBSE Scholarship – Renewal
The CBSE scholarship is tenable for one year only. However, if you wish to continue receiving the financial support till class 12, scholars need to apply for the scholarship renewal. It can only be renewed for one year based on your securing satisfactory marks in class 11. The key terms and conditions that need to be fulfilled to apply for scholarship renewal include –
- You need to apply for the scholarship renewal in class 11 itself.
- To be eligible for the renewal, you must get a promotion to class 12 with aggregate 50% or more marks in class 11 examination.
- If you have given up your chosen course prior to its completion or in case you have changed the school, the renewal or continuation of the scholarship is entirely the decision and subject to the Board’s approval.
- The continuation of the scholarship is also dependent on your regularity and your good conduct.