After important milestones in education each one of us faces this question ‘what next’ after class 10th, after class 12th and after graduation. Career counselling can help in all the major milestones in one's career. Firstly, to decide a stream and subject combinations, to decide the graduation course, and then, to decide the post-graduation and career option!
In school a helpless 16 year old is faced with the choice of various streams - Humanities, Science with mathematics, science with biology and Commerce, and the only career guidance he has is the opinion of his parents, his teacher’s judgement based on his marks and the comments of his friends and neighbors. A class 11th -12th student with his subject combinations is flooded with agencies providing various entrance preparation and colleges luring his / her attention. What help he has parents, teachers and admission counsellors whose only job is to place the student in college and course where they will get commission. A graduate who is doing the course because the parents wants him/ her to do it or he was not sure of any other and thus is doing the course is also confused about career choices.
It is at this point that a career counselling can help the child sail through these turbulent times.
- A career counselling drives one to explore the current strengths and transform them into successful occupational opportunities.
- The psychometric tests and DMIT serve as highly researched and reliable tools that validates the strengths and possible career options so that they implement the efforts with added conviction and determination.
- A psychometric test and the counselling helps in improving self-awareness and thus provides the unique recommendations that separates one from the rat-race.
- It not only provides clarity over the possible career alternatives but also the action plan to be followed.
- Career counselling and psychometric tests helps in identifying the areas of strengths and provides recommendations for areas that need to be improved.
- Professional career counselling provides an objective analysis which focuses on the individual potential only and then later balances it with environmental factors.
- The psychometric test helps in providing a clear professional path from the beginning to end like- subject selection, specialized courses, possible obstacles and opportunities.
Thus, it becomes important to get a professional assessment along with counselling to understand oneself in order to choose the career path that will use the individual traits and ensure the professional well-being of the person. One should contact a great career counselling service, like CareerPotli and utilize their team to secure their occupational destiny. After all, career is a long-term decision with implications that transcends the boundaries of the workplace, and knowing the individual factors guarantees the success!